Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Some rumours going round about Nakhi Wells from Bradford. Wouldn't mind that.

Seriously what would be the point? Even if he could make the step up, which I very much doubt tbh, he isn't what we need at all.

Wells has been good this season but wouldn't represent a shift in transfer policy at all. Would ultimately be another lower-league player that will be celebrated as a masterstroke by some if he passes as an average player.

Some rumours going round about Nakhi Wells from Bradford. Wouldn't mind that.

Seriously what would be the point? Even if he could make the step up, which I very much doubt tbh, he isn't what we need at all.

He has history if scoring against PL opposition.......

oh wait it was Villa....

Paul STOP !!

I don't think we'll see anyone new in now until after the next loss against Arsenal and maybe even the Liverpool loss on the 29th.. So maybe a deadline day signing to try and lift us all before the WBA game?... Don't see why the club would bring someone in which would give everyone a lift (to a point depending on who they sign) then see us all deflated immediately with another two defeats. As for who? I have to say i have zero confidence that we'll bring in anyone decent. So miss the days when it was exciting being a Villa fan

left back for Nottingham looks pretty good. Some great tackles.. gets forward well. Shame we dont produce this sort of player in our academy and were forced to buy world beaters like Luna and Bennett

Ahhhh.........The "Salifou Complex"

In the same way that Sylla and Helenius should be playing (until they do)

In the same way that Bannan or Ireland have suddenly "come good"

In the same way that every academy player should be getting starts

My mate is a massive Forest fan and he thinks Lichaj is "allright, gives 100% but is never a premiership player"

Exacto.

left back for Nottingham looks pretty good. Some great tackles.. gets forward well. Shame we dont produce this sort of player in our academy and were forced to buy world beaters like Luna and Bennett

My mate is a massive Forest fan and he thinks Lichaj is "allright, gives 100% but is never a premiership player"

Ahhh the old 'My [insert team name] supporting mate reckons that [insert comment to support your own opinion]' approach to debating a player.

A quick read around a few Forest forums seems to show that he's thought of highly. I guess everyone has an opinion, huh?

• Like 2

Ahhh the old 'My [insert team name] supporting mate reckons that [insert comment to support your own opinion]' approach to debating a player.

A quick read around a few Forest forums seems to show that he's thought of highly. I guess everyone has an opinion, huh?

That doesn't negate the rest of the post though.

100% of VT member thought Lichaj was crap. How's that?  :P

I don't see anyone saying lichaj was great but when we've signed 2 lbs who both struggle at this level I think its fair to question how well we've spent such a limited budget.

My theory on this is that with Lichaj we knew we had a player that wasn't good enough.

Bennett was highly thought of at Boro IIRC, no idea on Luna as I've never seen him play prior to Villa.  I believe Lambert gambled that both Bennett and Luna's ceiling was to be higher than the proven low ceiling with Lichaj and Stevens.  It hasn't worked thus far, but if you saw Joe Bennett play at Boro you'd probably agree it would be a punt worth taking.

Much in the same vein as people talking up Forest and Derby players today.

• Like 2

Wells, really? Not needed at all.Hope its just the usual twitter guff.

I think it actually started on VT a few pages back, as someone was recalling some effective players in the Bradford game.

I can help with that, Effective = All their players, Ineffective = All of our players.

• Like 1

"Lerner has Got to love shopping in pound land". He prefers the 99 cent stores HeyAnty why spend a £ when you can spend under a $?

"Don't see why the club would bring someone in which would give everyone a lift (to a point depending on who they sign) then see us all deflated immediately with another two defeats". I see where you are coming from danceoftheshamen but other clubs may come in for any targets we may have if we wait and I would like to think a player coming in would think he could make a difference and would want to play a part in big games such as these.  

I don't see anyone saying lichaj was great but when we've signed 2 lbs who both struggle at this level I think its fair to question how well we've spent such a limited budget.

My theory on this is that with Lichaj we knew we had a player that wasn't good enough.

Bennett was highly thought of at Boro IIRC, no idea on Luna as I've never seen him play prior to Villa.  I believe Lambert gambled that both Bennett and Luna's ceiling was to be higher than the proven low ceiling with Lichaj and Stevens.  It hasn't worked thus far, but if you saw Joe Bennett play at Boro you'd probably agree it would be a punt worth taking.

Much in the same vein as people talking up Forest and Derby players today.

The funny thing is that technically Bennett is actually a very good player...... well ok...... that might be an overstatement but he's certainly better than most of our players, the problem is he can't defend. But towards the end of last season he certainly look like he was improving.

I think he and Luna can and will improve, it's just the fact we can't afford to take risks with defenders like this. Experience at the back is a luxury we have to afford.

• Like 1

That doesn't negate the rest of the post though.

100% of VT member thought Lichaj was crap. How's that? :P

Bullshit! My Villa supporting mate reckons that he was decent and definitely no worse than Luna and Bennett ;)

Â