Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Thoroughly undewhelmed, though not at all unexpected.

Fans have every right to be upset with Lerner, we must have one of the lowest playing budgets in the league.

shillz, I am very, very disappointed with whats going on in terms of buying, but if you check out a spreadsheet called  "transfer fees paid to sign current squad members" on the website " myoldmansaid" .....it positions Villa in 9th place of Premiership spenders and includes other leagues i.e Liga,Bundersliga,Serie A,Ligue 1

I feel at Villa right now there are 2 agenda's the fans agenda and the boards.....In an ideal situation, they will be close to each other, my worry is they are poles apart.

We never get to hear the direct take on Aston Villa from Randy Lerners point of view, we never get to hear what HIS plans are for the club.....until we do, I think we are all barking up various trees.

We never get to hear the direct take on Aston Villa from Randy Lerners point of view, we never get to hear what HIS plans are for the club....

Sell up hopefully.

He's too busy banning people from his posh lounges because he let fans of the club know when Lerner was last around. We've done the full circle now and we're back where we were when he bought the club.

We never get to hear the direct take on Aston Villa from Randy Lerners point of view, we never get to hear what HIS plans are for the club....

Sell up hopefully.

He's too busy banning people from his posh lounges because he let fans of the club know when Lerner was last around. We've done the full circle now and we're back where we were when he bought the club.

When was he last around?

I don't think we are in a desperate rush to sign anyone. Better to line up a bigger signing for the summer and get better value.

What makes you think we're going to do that?

We might yet sign a player but if you take into consideration what our expenditure has been over the last three windows even with some of the high wages earners of the wage bill now, you can only come to one conclusion.

Edited by Morpheus
  • Like 1

Follow Howard Hodgson on twitter, it seems randy has been here more than you think, and is in the country during games, just not at the ground apparently

Yeah i seen that.

Howard Hodgson @HodgsonHoward Protected Tweets 1h

Not allowed back into Directors as it's deemed I infringed RL privacy by stating when he last attended Villa Park..

Abusing you lol. What, because you don't like people answering you back and you have been found out to actually know nothing?

I am an optimistic person and genuinely thought the club would pull some deals off today, I was wrong.  Moreover, Lambert indicated yesterday that the club were working on a few deals so this added to my optimism.This was added to what I was told by another source recently, so I felt reasonably confident that we would make a few signings. I am disappointed with the likely outcome, probably more so than you are.

But it annoys me when people come out of the woodwork with a “told you so” attitude and begin to label and abuse others, it is not acceptable. I do not mind people replying and questioning my information, but to gloat and abuse is totally wrong. I am an attention seeker just as much as you are one.  I was innocently sharing information through PMs and mimicking Richard’s cryptic messages as humour, I will not do this again in the future as it clearly upsets a section of posters on the forum. It is not worth it.

Sell up hopefully.

That could be a smart move, i hear the owners of Racing santander are looking for a new club.

Sell up hopefully.

That could be a smart move, i hear the owners of Racing santander are looking for a new club.

Oh yes of course, the next owners will be the worst ever. This is a lame excuse and if this is the only defence of Lerner, it shows exactly what a failure the man has been for us.

"Custodian"

More like custodial sentence.

I think the fact we have been linked to an abundance of strikers tells us Lambert has genuinely enquired which one's are available. I think the general consensus from the management is that Benteke will be going in the summer and that getting a replacement bedded in now would save the 'settling in' time that could be needed by new striker at the start of next season. Especially if that player comes from abroad which we know Lambert has no qualms in doing. Gabby is never going to score us 10+ goals and I think Andi's form will always be up and down. Maybe the forwards we have been linked with this Jan are one's we have tried to get the ball rolling with their clubs so it's easier to strike a deal if and when we need to in the summer. Hi everybody, by the way

Edited by L. B. Jefferies

Abusing you lol. What, because you don't like people answering you back and you have been found out to actually know nothing?

I am an optimistic person and genuinely thought the club would pull some deals off today, I was wrong.  Moreover, Lambert indicated yesterday that the club were working on a few deals so this added to my optimism.This was added to what I was told by another source recently, so I felt reasonably confident that we would make a few signings. I am disappointed with the likely outcome, probably more so than you are.

But it annoys me when people come out of the woodwork with a “told you so” attitude and begin to label and abuse others, it is not acceptable. I do not mind people replying and questioning my information, but to gloat and abuse is totally wrong. I am an attention seeker just as much as you are one.  I was innocently sharing information through PMs and mimicking Richard’s cryptic messages as humour, I will not do this again in the future as it clearly upsets a section of posters on the forum. It is not worth it.

There is literally no point in doing it. For your sakes and everyone elses. If youre privy to info then good for you. Either don't tell people what it is, or do tell people what it is. The cryptic messaging just winds people up and you will get the response you've had today. I have no doubt that if a few deals did come off today you'd probably be on here with "I told you so" style messages, so don't be so shocked when they happen the other way around. 

• Like 4

Sell up hopefully.

Oh yes of course, the next owners will be the worst ever. This is a lame excuse and if this is the only defence of Lerner, it shows exactly what a failure the man has been for us.

"Custodian"

More like custodial sentence.

Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't, springs to mind.

I am an optimistic person and genuinely thought the club would pull some deals off today, I was wrong. Moreover, Lambert indicated yesterday that the club were working on a few deals so this added to my optimism.This was added to what I was told by another source recently, so I felt reasonably confident that we would make a few signings. I am disappointed with the likely outcome, probably more so than you are.

But it annoys me when people come out of the woodwork with a “told you so” attitude and begin to label and abuse others, it is not acceptable. I do not mind people replying and questioning my information, but to gloat and abuse is totally wrong. I am an attention seeker just as much as you are one. I was innocently sharing information through PMs and mimicking Richard’s cryptic messages as humour, I will not do this again in the future as it clearly upsets a section of posters on the forum. It is not worth it.

Gentleman you are indeed a gent and I for one enjoy the speculation and take it for what it's worth.

I'm surprised though that you didn't see that this email was the inevitable end of your little escapade.

Because all ITK ends this way because of the complexity involved. Things always change.

This forum is just coming off the Heroin of ITK, grade A stuff at that.

Now we're back to Asprin that was always going to end up in an angry junky!

• Like 1

Â