Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

guess the Hutton rumours werent true. Shame.

Wow its really quiet at the moment. Not just at Villa. In General. They should just make the transfer window one week.

Should be just six hours to register a transfer, every three months. Would make it much more interesting.

he took pressure off them by communicating with us. HH should have got a payrise not sacked.

There is communication and then there is communication. The club would never allow leaking team lineups or transfer targets to anyone - it just undermines our position.

Having said that, it would be nice if the club did communicate on some things - such as plans for the first team/club/stadium and the like.

They do. Faulkner does. Nobody listens and nobody cares.

When they do they call it PR BS and lies anyway!

• Like 1

We should return to the old system whereby you could buy a player when you wanted. Would stop the inflated prices in January and would help the lower league clubs if they needed to sell quickly to stay afloat.

But with the amount of money around and social media they'd be meltdowns everyday. Just imagine this thread 365 days of the year!! That reason alone is one for having a transfer window. Also I'd hate having to read about Benteke leaving every other day and rumours Bannan is unhappy and wants a return.

• Like 1

We should return to the old system whereby you could buy a player when you wanted. Would stop the inflated prices in January and would help the lower league clubs if they needed to sell quickly to stay afloat.

Jim White would never allow it.

When they brought the transfer window in it seemed a totally needless thing to do but I reckon the emergence of mega rich clubs who will literally spend any amount on success have actually made the transfer window make sense in the last few years. Otherwise they'll go and spend £40-50 on a couple of players in March/April if they reckon their title is in any doubt.

When we signed Merson we had to pay way over the odds to get him and that was during the season IIRC. 

HLTB.png

"Och aye Villa fans, it's me; Paul Lambert. Ah know some of ye are a bit grumblesome that we can nae let yer ITK'ers spill the haggis on all our transfer plans, so instead ah thought ah'd give yer a wee sneaky-peeky at just a few of mah personal targets that yer may nae have heard aboot."

CLAYTON FAILLA

FAILLA.jpg

Position: Midfielder

Club: Hibernians FC (Malta Premier League)

Lambo says: "Clay's a tricky wee chappy who's scored and made a load of goals fae his team this year, and ah'm always after wee chappys who score and make a load of goals because that's how yer win a game of football."

Hipster rating: Neutral Milk Hotel

DID YOU KNOW? "Ah'm nae relation to Christopher Lambert, but he was in a film called Highlander, which is a word for Scotch person, which ah am!"

VAGIF JAVADOV

s_43979_12438_2010_1.jpg

Position: Striker

Club: Inter Baku (Azerbaijan Premyer Liqasi)

Lambo says: "A real breakoot star fae this season, mah scouts tell me this lad's also a 'captain'. This means ah can tell him all mah tactics to direct the other laddies with, like "yer should nae let the other team score" and so on."

Hipster rating: Vampire Weekend

DID YOU KNOW? "Despite what people think, I dunnae always like salt on mah shortbread."

ANDREJS KOVALOVS

s_151483_9828_2010_1.jpg

Postion: Right Winger

Club: Daugava Daugavpils (Latvia Virsliga)

Lambo says: "Ah've already got a wee Andi on the right, but he's no cannie anymore. Ah asked him what ah could dae, the laddie said he's sad 'cos he's the only wee Andi. Ah told him that's a sin, and ah'll get him another wee Andi to be friends with."

Hipster rating: Death Cab For Cutie

DID YOU KNOW? "Ah used to called Otto Hitzfeld 'gaffer', which he did nae understand because he were from a different country"

"Ah've been Paul Lambert and that's yer lot fer now, so gan off with yers."

Love Paul xoxo

This started my morning off correctly.

The windows are OK in my opinion, because the ability to sign a player during the entire season would just create an insane string of lies from the media. They would constantly create false stories and eventually hope for fans from all clubs around the league. It also creates some stability for clubs like ours to hold on to their best players when they are doing well. It would have sucked if some big club came in for Benteke last season in March with an offer we couldn't refuse, then we would replace him all panicky with some expensive player just because we had to.

Â