Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Not a chance of getting Dembele.

With a new manager coming in, I don't think you can say that for sure. New manager, new players, new ideas.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be available, just that we couldn't afford him.

I'd agree with that unless it was a loan where we paid a percentage.

I wonder if Spurs still wanted Benteke would it then be possible to swap for Dembele and Sigurdsson?

Edited by Morpheus

Well the wage cutting smokescreen can only last so long and it won't wash forever

Eventually he's going to have to invest to appease the fans or sell us to someone who have ambitions that match our own

Because one things for certain a club of our stature should not be fighting to avoid relegation every season

We're not currently doing that this season.

A couple more games with the chucklebrothers at the back against our rivals around us near the bottom might change that

Were on a precipice at the minute with 4 points between us and 16th and 5 points with 9th

It really can go either way but the way we have been playing defensively recently are not good almost deja vu from last season except then we had an on fire Benteke to carry the team.

At this time of year last year, Benteke hadn't even really hit form yet. He didn't start until January when he started banging them in.

Similarly, our defense fell into shambles this time of year as well.

So...two loan signings and then back to in form players for the rest of the year hopefully!

At this time of year last year, Benteke hadn't even really hit form yet. He didn't start until January when he started banging them in.

Similarly, our defense fell into shambles this time of year as well.

So...two loan signings and then back to in form players for the rest of the year hopefully!

I remember him springing in to life for us in October from the Norwich/Swindon game.

He was getting pretty lauded by December though.  After the Liverpool game everyone was raving about him but then came the horrible run.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

OGS as player / manager, DO IT!

Or just an AM.. If he cant get funding towards the 8-10m range put the money in the piggy bank instead and wait til the summer window, we wont go down and we wont be challanging for anything. No point in getting another mediocre player that sits on the bench and adds nothing more than what we got.

It does come back to cash though. If you want to actually replace Stan you're going to pay close to ten mil in the current market plus the wage commensurate to a player of that stature. I can't see us doing much better than what we've got if we're going to spend similar to what brought those guys in.

But in saying that, I still think we'll try to buy an attacking mid rather than the position Stan played for us.

Sneijder

I think this season and the performances of players we hoped would kick on have put a bit of a negative vibe on our transfer approach.

His first summer the signings of lower league players were really liked and we even had people not long back who were happy to see Dale Stephens signed.

I think this season has just shown why these players were so cheap and that any dream of unearthing young talent seems to be fading.

• Like 1

Loans for me would be De Bruyne and Lescott.

Permanent signings would be a 'proper' destroyer in midfield and an attacking midfielder - would love us to go back in for Kiyotake, not just because he's a good player who would improve us but for Julie B to come out of hiding too!!!!

Â