Weather...

Dodgyknees

56 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Instinctively it seems like it would be a problem, but I couldn't express why, and I don't know if I'm right. 

It's not ideal, but I suppose with the fuel stored in sealed tanks, as lomng as they are not made of material which will corrode due to the presence of water, and they won't be, then the "problem" is likely not significant. You wouldn't want the actual pump electronics etc. to get under water, but ground level flooding shouldn't do much if any harm.

I'm not a fuel storage engineer, mind.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Scorchio today

Went out in the car earlier, temperature in the car was 37 degrees. It had been sitting in the sun all day. 

Really need to get the air con fixed...

**** weather. Bring me rain and snow.

I'll get the rain undoubtedly when we finally get to Wales in a couple of weeks. And I'll **** love it.

• 1 month later...

Beautiful day out there. Been out for a walk over the hills - very warm indeed.

@Stevo985, not the same thread as the original conversation (I think it was in the Wonder thread) but I shut my windows at about 10am this morning and closed my curtains at the front of the house at about midday. Having just got back in from the walk (like I say it's about 32/90 out there), it's beautifully cool inside (in relative terms - it's still about 21/70 in the front room) so I'll be keeping the curtains closed and the windows shut until late in to the evening (at least on the sunny side of the house).

• Like 1

36 degrees in the car just. Not helped by being a black car with black interior. Least its not leather or i'd need to be scraped off the seat with a spatula. 

Air con doing a good impression of a cat sneezing for all the use it is. Need to get that sorted. 

Its that warm i've just opened a can of Lilt. 

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Beautiful day out there. Been out for a walk over the hills - very warm indeed.

@Stevo985, not the same thread as the original conversation (I think it was in the Wonder thread) but I shut my windows at about 10am this morning and closed my curtains at the front of the house at about midday. Having just got back in from the walk (like I say it's about 32/90 out there), it's beautifully cool inside (in relative terms - it's still about 21/70 in the front room) so I'll be keeping the curtains closed and the windows shut until late in to the evening (at least on the sunny side of the house).

I don’t know what to think anymore. I got home yesterday after work and the OH was out so all the windows were closed. It was horrific in the flat. Hot and muggy. 

Today I’ve had all the windows open all day even though it’s 31 outside and it’s nice and fresh inside. 

• Like 1

It has been way too hot for my MS today, thankfully it's cooled right down, winds picked up, clouded over, wonder if it'll rain? The weather is bonkers, we're probably way overdue some biblical event, think I'll go find my sandwich board. 

Thing is, this is what every summer is like, for a couple of months straight, in the US and much of Europe, every year. Totally unremarkable. In Britain, we get the odd day like this and we freak out. 

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t know what to think anymore. I got home yesterday after work and the OH was out so all the windows were closed. It was horrific in the flat. Hot and muggy. 

Today I’ve had all the windows open all day even though it’s 31 outside and it’s nice and fresh inside. 

A bit of horses for courses, perhaps.

I think the benefit here was that I was able to keep the place at close to the overnight temperature as it didn't heat up. If it were already warm/hot then yep, I'd be opening everything to get some airflow through.

Edited by snowychap

45 minutes ago, snowychap said:

A bit of horses for courses, perhaps.

I think the benefit here was that I was able to keep the place at close to the overnight temperature as it didn't heat up. If it were already warm/hot then yep, I'd be opening everything to get some airflow through.

Yeah there’s probably something in that

15 hours ago, Xela said:

36 degrees in the car just. Not helped by being a black car with black interior. Least its not leather or i'd need to be scraped off the seat with a spatula. 

Air con doing a good impression of a cat sneezing for all the use it is. Need to get that sorted. 

Its that warm i've just opened a can of Lilt. 

• Like 1

Â