Have 2 Relegation places been sorted already.......

smetrov

This is a bit like when Derby sacked Billy Davies, guilty of probably taking them up a year earlyand Palace would've probably been more competitive if they'd been allowed to keep Zaha and Glenn Murray wasn't injured.

Palace could be in a mess as no doubt a new manager will take over and want to sign some new players who probably won't be good enough either. Again this happened to Derby when Paul Jewell replaced Davies.

The teams that stay up in their first season invest wisely in 2 or 3 players instead of buying stupid amounts like Crystal Palace have done. Anyway I definitly think Palace and Sunderland are down. Cardiff, Norwich and Stoke will be the teams fighting to stay up and out of the last relegation spot.

I'll take the job, if I can blag three weeks that's the mortgage paid.

Same here.   And there will be plenty of people apply for the Palace job. It's a free ride this season. 

I'll take the job, if I can blag three weeks that's the mortgage paid.

Same here.   And there will be plenty of people apply for the Palace job. It's a free ride this season.

It's not a free ride for any manager with an ounce of credibility. Only managers with nothing to lose can take this job on. Neil Warnock ?

Heard an interesting thought from someone last night - Chris Coleman could be in line for the Crystal Palace job - as it'd give him and FAW an easy way out of their current contract wrangles without anyone losing too much face.

Having said that, would anyone else want to be seen to be 2nd choice after Tony Pulis though?  (That would hardly be good for anyone's ego)...

Warnock had it already, dont think he left on good terms

as for some of Holloway comments he seems to be blaming the players and the board. what a bitter clearing in the woods

I recon he has a point.

His best player was sold last Jan for big money and his top striker has a season long injury. He gets them promoted against all predictions last season and the board only offer him enough cash to bring in the likes of Barry Bannon and Chamakh as replacements.

Palace may currently be 19th but let's not kid ourselves. They are the worst side in this division. And we may think that job is undesireable but I think we're deluding ourselves from our lofty position as Premier League fans. Palace are still a Premier League side with 30 games to go. There are an enormous amount of managers who would want that job who are currently employed elsewhere, not to mention those unemployed. Palace will have no shortage of applicants. Granted, the quality of applicant mightn't be what it would be if they were in a healthier position but they'll still get good ones. I think Pulis could do a job with them. He could at least make them competitive with his less-than-glamourous approach. There's no way I can see them staying up though. I think it's a case of going down as respectably as possible. With a view to coming straight back up with good management and sensible use of the TV monies.

• Like 2

Warnock had it already, dont think he left on good terms

as for some of Holloway comments he seems to be blaming the players and the board. what a bitter clearing in the woods

I recon he has a point.

His best player was sold last Jan for big money and his top striker has a season long injury. He gets them promoted against all predictions last season and the board only offer him enough cash to bring in the likes of Barry Bannon and Chamakh as replacements.

he paid a lot of money on Dwight Gayle, signed Chamakh, Jerome who wont be on a small salary either. as i said the signing and treatment of Marange should have got him the sack for wasting resources

Palace may currently be 19th but let's not kid ourselves. They are the worst side in this division. And we may think that job is undesireable but I think we're deluding ourselves from our lofty position as Premier League fans. Palace are still a Premier League side with 30 games to go. There are an enormous amount of managers who would want that job who are currently employed elsewhere, not to mention those unemployed. Palace will have no shortage of applicants. Granted, the quality of applicant mightn't be what it would be if they were in a healthier position but they'll still get good ones. I think Pulis could do a job with them. He could at least make them competitive with his less-than-glamourous approach. There's no way I can see them staying up though. I think it's a case of going down as respectably as possible. With a view to coming straight back up with good management and sensible use of the TV monies.

Less than glamourous Is a very kind way of putting it. As someone been on the black stuff today feeling the love? :P

Â