Have 2 Relegation places been sorted already.......

smetrov

If Palace got stuffed 4-1 at home to Fulham, and Sunderland lost to Palace... the real question is, just how bad are Sunderland?!

Football doesn't work like that.  We beat Arsenal and Manchester City but it doesn't mean we are going to finish in the top four.  Sunderland are gash though. 

If Palace got stuffed 4-1 at home to Fulham, and Sunderland lost to Palace... the real question is, just how bad are Sunderland?!

Football doesn't work like that.  We beat Arsenal and Manchester City but it doesn't mean we are going to finish in the top four.  Sunderland are gash though. 

To be fair though, that was Palace's only win so far this season and Sunderland haven't even won at all. I do agree with what you're saying but Sunderland must be really really bad.

If we don't get better quality into our midfield and a bit more physicality then i wouldn't rule out another struggle this season.

Palace are rank and will go down so two places up for grabs and i feel one won't be taken by Sunderland who will spend big in january to get out of trouble.

Fulham also will have too much quality to go down and will score enough to be safe however if we loose Benteke again with a long term injury and Lerner doesn't invest in January then we'll be in trouble.

If we don't get better quality into our midfield and a bit more physicality then i wouldn't rule out another struggle this season.

Palace are rank and will go down so two places up for grabs and i feel one won't be taken by Sunderland who will spend big in january to get out of trouble.

Fulham also will have too much quality to go down and will score enough to be safe however if we loose Benteke again with a long term injury and Lerner doesn't invest in January then we'll be in trouble.

I think we'll be ok. Hull are much worse than us and January may be too late for Sunderland. A new manager is suppose to give them a lift but that 4-0 defeat at Swansea will crush them. 

See QPR last season. Boat loads of cash and the messiah that is Redknapp couldn't save them from the drop. 

It's one of those basic logic thingamejigs. Money doesn't guarantee success but there is no success without money. More true than ever in today's game.

It's no guarantee of success but don't try to pretend it never works.  Newcastle spunked a load of cash in January too and stayed up. 

different situation though, QPR were rock bottom and at start of window Newcastle were 15th and finished 16th in table so the new signings didnt really have that positive look on the team

• Like 1

I agree that both Palace and Sunderland are both already dead men playing  but I'm not as confident as some of you on here seem to be about our guaranteed survival or non-involvement in the relegation dogfight for 3rd from bottom.

When we are more than 3 points off that place, I'll be a little more confident. A nice 6/8/10 point margin and I'll get in the boat with you.

It's no guarantee of success but don't try to pretend it never works.  Newcastle spunked a load of cash in January too and stayed up. 

different situation though, QPR were rock bottom and at start of window Newcastle were 15th and finished 16th in table so the new signings didnt really have that positive look on the team

Yeah, I mean I am not naive enough to think that the spending of money makes no difference at all...but there are definite parallels so far between QPR last season and Sunderland this. Absolutely atrocious form and a squad consisting of around 10 new players. If they carry on like they have until December/January,  I'm pretty sure no amount of money within reason would save them.

I agree that both Palace and Sunderland are both already dead men playing  but I'm not as confident as some of you on here seem to be about our guaranteed survival or non-involvement in the relegation dogfight for 3rd from bottom.

When we are more than 3 points off that place, I'll be a little more confident. A nice 6/8/10 point margin and I'll get in the boat with you.

In our first 8 games we have amazingly played all of the top 5 in the Premier League. It couldn't have been tougher so on reflection 10 points is pretty. After the Everton games lets hope it gets a little easier.

Â