What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

Fuming.

Ordered a car (lease) for Mrs. Bauer in March from Vanarama. Two weeks later and they say the colour isn't available so would we change. Reluctantly agree. Then a few months later they say the car is actually a 7kw not the 11kw version we order. Like it or lump it they say. Then they phone three weeks ago and say car is in country and should be with you imminently but no later than 24th June. So we sell current car which is picked up on Saturday. They've just phoned to say it's delayed til at least 14th July as car has only just arrived in country after all. They are full of crap. And on complaining it's basically a 'good luck but it's nothing to do with us'.

So now stuck and with no recourse apparently. 

7kw instead of 11kw is a big deal, I’d cancel that for the piss taking alone.

• Like 1

You can't have no recourse.  It's the law of contract, they've not supplied you with what you've contracted for. 

Mrs Sidcow uses Select Car Leasing. They've always been really good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Fuming.

Ordered a car (lease) for Mrs. Bauer in March from Vanarama. Two weeks later and they say the colour isn't available so would we change. Reluctantly agree. Then a few months later they say the car is actually a 7kw not the 11kw version we order. Like it or lump it they say. Then they phone three weeks ago and say car is in country and should be with you imminently but no later than 24th June. So we sell current car which is picked up on Saturday. They've just phoned to say it's delayed til at least 14th July as car has only just arrived in country after all. They are full of crap. And on complaining it's basically a 'good luck but it's nothing to do with us'.

So now stuck and with no recourse apparently. 

Cancel it, like someone has said, 11kw to 7kw is a big deal. Have they adjusted the payments to justify a 7kw. Deposit would be less and the monthly payments?

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Cancel it, like someone has said, 11kw to 7kw is a big deal. Have they adjusted the payments to justify a 7kw. Deposit would be less and the monthly payments?

It's all in the wife's name and she's had to deal with them mostly. When they changed it they definitely down played the significance but suggested it would add six months plus to the delivery date if she insisted on it or cancel the whole thing - but we'd already agreed this months before. As her car will just be for the commute to and from work, she didn't kick up much of a fuss and when she spoke to them about it they, again, just shrugged their shoulders and said they wouldn't change the cost. She didn't sign anything to approve the change though. Same with the colour. Research suggests the car is about £1k cheaper so,over a 3 year lease, I'm guessing that equates to a minimal deduction in cost. It's a Vauxhall Corsa-E for the record. Oh, and like everything else, the cost is up a lot since we signed this deal - top spec and free charger for £275pm - considerably more now. Doesn't excuse broken promises and poor communication.

My EV, a KIA EV6, is due in January and that will be our main car.

Edited by jackbauer24

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Other drivers are just weird.

I parked in a motorway services today, I parked quite a few rows back, well away from anyone else. There must have been literally hundreds of empty spaces. I came back out, and yes, someone had parked right next to me.

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Social parkers do my head in. Doesn't matter how far away you park at the back of a deserted car park, someone assumes you'll be lonely and parks next to you.

Pro Tip: Put some taxi signs on the sides when you park

We're notorious for not giving a shit. People only park next to me when they are really desperate :D

• Like 2

I am absolutely smashed.

been in that China town / soho talking to loads of lovely people when i bunked off ytheb corporate event i was supposed to be repping at.

was my opportunity to show i can do networking 

i can do networking, you just have to have something interesting to say

i fear i may have told quite a few people that went out taking photos instead

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I am absolutely smashed.

been in that China town / soho talking to loads of lovely people when i bunked off ytheb corporate event i was supposed to be repping at.

[Shhhh! Nobody tell him this is the Car thread!]

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I am absolutely smashed.

41 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

[Shhhh! Nobody tell him this is the Car thread!]

This is general chat. Despite being pissed, you're in the right thread. Good job.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

While I'm not usually a fan of 'moderns' I must admit I am liking the look of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 EV car. Looks fantastic. 

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

While I'm not usually a fan of 'moderns' I must admit I am liking the look of the Hyundai Ioniq 5 EV car. Looks fantastic. 

MBUX Mercedes Hyper screen, now that's a interior.

2022 Mercedes Benz EQS 15

Edited by foreveryoung

Quick question, would anyone recommend buying a diesel despite not really doing much motorway journeys? They are cheaper and I seem to find better quality cars with diesel. I've been looking at Mercedes C Class 2015 model and higher.

Few friends have said they have their diesel and do city driving with no issues and others are saying to steer clear of diesels. So confused...any thoughts?

Alternative is to go for petrol, can't find any decent hybrid cars for my budget, after a saloon, but the value for money isnt as good.

Edited by supermon

5 hours ago, supermon said:

Quick question, would anyone recommend buying a diesel despite not really doing much motorway journeys? They are cheaper and I seem to find better quality cars with diesel. I've been looking at Mercedes C Class 2015 model and higher.

Few friends have said they have their diesel and do city driving with no issues and others are saying to steer clear of diesels. So confused...any thoughts?

Alternative is to go for petrol, can't find any decent hybrid cars for my budget, after a saloon, but the value for money isnt as good.

I’d be interested to know this too.

I’ve got a diesel but I had an epileptic seizure in May so it’s going to be sat on my drive for 10 months barring the odd occasion that my dad or brother can, legally, take it for a drive.

Will it be a problem if I can’t get it blasted down the motorway other than once a month?

6 hours ago, supermon said:

I wouldn’t recommend it tbh.

My wife has Fiesta Zetec S 1.6L Diesel and it was a nightmare to get through the MOT due to high emissions due to not getting regular motorway journeys.  All the internal clogged up with short, cold trips to school or shops.

I have a 2.0L Diesel Ford Kuga and I have to keep taking opportunities to get out in it to avoid the same thing happening.

Edited by Genie

13 hours ago, Xela said:

I will bring mine round to show you when I eventually get it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wouldn’t recommend it tbh.

My wife has Fiesta Zetec S 1.6L Diesel and it was a nightmare to get through the MOT due to high emissions due to not getting regular motorway journeys.  All the internal clogged up with short, cold trips to school or shops.

I have a 2.0L Diesel Ford Kuga and I have to keep taking opportunities to get out in it to avoid the same thing happening.

How old is the car? Few people saying these modern cars' exhaust can do the job and get rid of all the gunk

8 minutes ago, supermon said:

How old is the car? Few people saying these modern cars' exhaust can do the job and get rid of all the gunk

Yeah, age will be a factor but saying that diesels are not designed for endless short journeys. EGR valves and DPF’s need at least occasional longer journeys once the engine is hot to clear out the door. Some newer cars have 2 EGR valves. 

Its the same age and shape as this 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxkC-qSUuQSF9fuUBZezf

7 hours ago, supermon said:

We rarely have problems with the DPF  (deisel particulate filter)  on Mercedes C class. I have seen many with low mileage with no problems at all. If they do get blocked a single run for about 10 minutes in a low gear high revs should clear it without problems. Also the correct oil should be used when serviced and topped up, needs to be low ash, which preserves the DPF filter.

• Like 1

Â