What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

3 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Which is the best company to lease from? Not looking yet will be waiting about 6 months

The cheapest one like-for-like. 

Offers from time to time between the companies.

The car market over here is insane. There's so few new cars available that used cars are now on 3%-8% priced lower than brand new ones. It's absolutely nuts. 

We were going for a used Toyota Sienna then our broker rocked up in a bran new hybrid and the payment was only $40 extra per month which we'd more than save in gas. I've never bought a new car before and I'm terrified whenever I park it!

402791-2022-toyota-sienna.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Which is the best company to lease from? Not looking yet will be waiting about 6 months

My wife always uses Select Car Leasing. They've been really good. 

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The car market over here is insane. There's so few new cars available that used cars are now on 3%-8% priced lower than brand new ones. It's absolutely nuts. 

We were going for a used Toyota Sienna then our broker rocked up in a bran new hybrid and the payment was only $40 extra per month which we'd more than save in gas. I've never bought a new car before and I'm terrified whenever I park it!

402791-2022-toyota-sienna.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

That looks so American! It would be far too big for here but looks great fun. 

7 hours ago, Genie said:

That looks so American! It would be far too big for here but looks great fun. 

Of course younger me always said I would never have a minivan but it drives great! Now with kid number two coming soon it's the best thing out there. Hybrid, loads of poke and very comfortable for everyone inside.

• Like 3

One of the uber cools cars of the 80's. 

Best era for cars IMO. Full of character and individuality. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Awesome car, someone would pay about 80k for that now.

I remember my pals dad had one. They had there house broken while on holiday and everything they stole including the microwave and VCR (yes it was the 80s) they put in the Quattro never to be seen again.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Quality.

Not sure if you know this guy, it's high end fantasy stuff, like the best version of the best cars, classics, very high production values etc 

https://youtube.com/c/KidstonProductions

I think you'll like it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Quality.

Not sure if you know this guy, it's high end fantasy stuff, like the best version of the best cars, classics, very high production values etc 

https://youtube.com/c/KidstonProductions

I think you'll like it. 

Seen a couple of his videos. The one about his Dad's Bugatti was quite moving. 

First saw him on Jodi Kidd's channel, which is also worth a watch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Seen a couple of his videos. The one about his Dad's Bugatti was quite moving. 

First saw him on Jodi Kidd's channel, which is also worth a watch. 

Same here, that's how I found him. Yes, very much so that Bugatti video is fantastic. I really like sweetshop to, David Gandy's black Porsche 356👌, really cool bloke too.

• Like 1

Mrs Sidcow noticed on her A6 that the rear brake calipers had no covers. She was worried they had been nicked, it certainly doesn't look right. 

A bit of googling reveals this is something Audi are doing, probably to save money. It looks shit, this is not a cheap car, what are they thinking? 

The interior generally isn't as good as her previous A6, all feels a bit more down market, and interiors are meant to be Audi's big strength.  They need to be careful. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Mrs Sidcow noticed on her A6 that the rear brake calipers had no covers. She was worried they had been nicked, it certainly doesn't look right. 

A bit of googling reveals this is something Audi are doing, probably to save money. It looks shit, this is not a cheap car, what are they thinking? 

The interior generally isn't as good as her previous A6, all feels a bit more down market, and interiors are meant to be Audi's big strength.  They need to be careful. 

I have a golf gtd 7.5, had a golf 8 loaner for day while having mine serviced, the golf has gone backwards, I will not have another and don't even mention the infotainment system, it's the least intuitive system I've ever come across. The trend of doing away with physical buttons as a cost saver and incorporating the into the touch screen is pi55 poor and unsafe when in motion. Clowns.

All this in the name of coat cutting.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

I have a golf gtd 7.5, had a golf 8 loaner for day while having mine serviced, the golf has gone backwards, I will not have another and don't even mention the infotainment system, it's the least intuitive system I've ever come across. The trend of doing away with physical buttons as a cost saver and incorporating the into the touch screen is pi55 poor and unsafe when in motion. Clowns.

Yes, on the move tailoring is a dangerous business. 

Totally agree on the touch screens. Pretty much every car reviewer you see moans about them yet they persist. They are SO much more difficult. My new Polo has them and just things like adjusting the temperature and changing the fan direction from windscreen to middle vents is finicky and dangerous, have to take your eye off the road for ages. 

If car manufacturers insist on it then Governments should outlaw them.  It's so annoying. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yes, on the move tailoring is a dangerous business. 

Totally agree on the touch screens. Pretty much every car reviewer you see moans about them yet they persist. They are SO much more difficult. My new Polo has them and just things like adjusting the temperature and changing the fan direction from windscreen to middle vents is finicky and dangerous, have to take your eye off the road for ages. 

If car manufacturers insist on it then Governments should outlaw them.  It's so annoying. 

Damnit, bloody edited that too. I'm the worst.

Yes the controls are unsafe, I'd imagine they will be moving towards vouce control for everything but cheaper cars won't have that. 

VW clawing back that huge dieselgate fine has set the trend for this cost cutting on the manufacture of new cars.and the drivers safety has taken a back seat.

What the **** does vouce mean ffs, I'm not changing it, I hope it's a type of fish, fill yer boots Sid.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think the Mk4 was the best Golf. Still see loads of them about. 

Mk1 and 2 are iconic. Mk3 was never well received was it? 

I moved jobs and gave my car back, now I have the hated task of finding a car.

I've got a car allowance of £4,650.

Never done leasing, which has always seemed shit to me.

I'm looking at SUVs because of the 2 car seat using kids.

Prefer electric as my old company fitted a charge point, but not essential.

Don't really give shit about makes/models.

I hate cars, they're annoying, but useful.

I've looked and can't find anything that doesn't annoy me.

Try and find me something, otherwise I'll block you all (I probably won't)

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I have an older (2014) Ford Kuga and it’s brilliant for a family. I’d be tempted to go for a hybrid next, or full electric once available. Worth a look?

17 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

How about one of these? 

If the traffic is bad you can use it in The Cut or even fly. 

image.png.ffb289bba35d6c2f15fc102f32ceec0d.png

Â