What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

On 4/12/2017 at 12:56, Midfielder said:

Too many nice looking cars on this thread. In a work car park full off BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Infinitis, couple of Teslas I am proud to squeeze this bad boy in to the car park almost like a red headed stepchild into the mix.

11mez6a.jpg

Parking it sideways like that is genius.

18 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Here's a quick example on one of the cars you were looking at. 

RR Evoque 2.0 TD4 SE TECH Auto. 

PCP from Landrover: http://www.landrover.co.uk/offers-and-finance/finance-offers/range-rover-evoque.html

PCH via a finance broker: https://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/Landrover_range-rover-evoque-hatchback-2-0-td4-se-tech-auto-64162.htm

Look at the monthly rate. PCP looks better doesn't it? But when you compare the total cost inc deposit. Ouch. 

Same car, same term, same mileage etc - PCH works out about £4K less over 3 years (assuming you just hand it back after 3 years and walk away) 

They are not all like this, some PCP offers offer low deposits etc, but I'd stand by my opinion that PCH will win the majority. 

My only slight concern with PCH is the fact that you can't get out of it if your circumstances change.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

PCP is much better than PCH

I've read that PCP is best if you intend to keep the car after the initial period. If you intend to buy a new car then PCH is better as you're paying for less depreciation over the term. PCP means you pay more to build up equity over the final settlement figure, but you're charged interest on that extra amount. For a lease they only have to cover the amount up to the depreciation.

13 hours ago, omariqy said:

My only slight concern with PCH is the fact that you can't get out of it if your circumstances change.

You can, you just have to pay. 

You pay an early settlement figure, which on PCH is usually an 'actual cost' ET based on the sale value vs book value on the leasing companies books. Some offer 50% of remaining rentals. Some will offer you the lowest of the two. They will give you an estimate and they normally provide a 'worse case' value for you in the first instance. 

The earlier into the contract you do this, the more you will likely have to pay due to the steepest part of the depreciation curve being the first 12-18 months, but 

Yes you can exit a PCP early with no charge, but only if you have paid 50% of the total financed amount. So if you need out after 12 months, you can't just walk away if your agreement is 3-5 years, because you won't have paid 50%. 

There is a risk with any type of finance if circumstances change. 

On 18/04/2017 at 06:51, maqroll said:

My first vehicle was a total shitbox, a 1978 Buick Century I inherited from a girl who lived down the street.

8406418078_df161cbc3d_z.jpg

That's some seriously cool retro now though :)

• Like 3

15 hours ago, maqroll said:

oops , appeared the right way up when i posted that... i'm one of them technotards see. get the feeling that holding phone upright isnt the way forward for taking photos. 

On 4/12/2017 at 14:12, BOF said:

Extra kudos for the rotated photo :thumb:

now i "get" this comment, at the time, i did wonder... "what does he mean" ... as i didnt know it was the wrong way up. for some reason appeared correct on my phone! sorry about that!

2 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

oops , appeared the right way up when i posted that... i'm one of them technotards see. get the feeling that holding phone upright isnt the way forward for taking photos. 

Just turn it on its side when you're posting to VT and it'll be fine  :thumb:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, darrenm said:

I've read that PCP is best if you intend to keep the car after the initial period. If you intend to buy a new car then PCH is better as you're paying for less depreciation over the term. PCP means you pay more to build up equity over the final settlement figure, but you're charged interest on that extra amount. For a lease they only have to cover the amount up to the depreciation.

Problem is with buying one using PCP is generally you'll pay almost full retail. Even with a deposit contribution, it doesn't often add up to more than 3-5% off the MRRP. Yes you can get some 0% finance deals, but if you walked in with cash and got a low APR loan, you'd still end up paying less overall (generally)

With ownership, I'd nearly always reccomend going for nearly new or 'pre reg' and take advantage of a much lower OTRP. Find the finance to suit outside of the sale. 

38 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

My missus drives this thing.

2011_nissan_micra_australia_01-4cb69ade9

It's so very green.

I like it! It's a little less bright than my own lime green car. She'll never lose the **** in a car park. 

Every car in my office car park is red, red, black, red, blue, red, blue, gre, BRIGHT GREEN.

On 18 April 2017 at 21:19, maqroll said:

Hopefully I have rotated correctly and this appears the right way up. Previous time I posted it appeared to be correct as displayed on my tablet. Here is my red headed stepchild doing its best to look inconspicuous. 

ayk028.jpg

On on another matter I have pondered recently getting a used Fiat 500 Abarth, which is a confession to say ... As they're clearly marketed for the ladies but hey... But yeah I kinda closetly adore them but... Have a long commute daily and thinking of getting second car, nowt fancy, but those Abarths yeah they kinda float my boat want a tiny tiny sort of hot hatch city car but scared I might end up listening to Right Said Fred and hanging out at the Blue Oyster Bar if I do.... 

Still though, our American comrades on here have some absolutely humongous pickups. As a fan of a bit of (televised) Pro Buggy and some Nascar inc the pickups and also just general short course racing... I salute you and your monster trucks. Gas guzzlers? Don't worry about that, that's what wars are for anyway (oil and stuff) and well apparently global warming doesn't exist anyway according to Trump. 

Ps... Here is one of the greatest things achieved by man... I'm gonna shut up now... 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-39428949

this link is to a BBC short video about a minute long.... Of a monster truck front flip... Happened few weeks ago

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Hopefully I have rotated correctly and this appears the right way up. Previous time I posted it appeared to be correct as displayed on my tablet. Here is my red headed stepchild doing its best to look inconspicuous. 

ayk028.jpg

On on another matter I have pondered recently getting a used Fiat 500 Abarth, which is a confession to say ... As they're clearly marketed for the ladies but hey... But yeah I kinda closetly adore them but... Have a long commute daily and thinking of getting second car, nowt fancy, but those Abarths yeah they kinda float my boat want a tiny tiny sort of hot hatch city car but scared I might end up listening to Right Said Fred and hanging out at the Blue Oyster Bar if I do.... 

Still though, our American comrades on here have some absolutely humongous pickups. As a fan of a bit of (televised) Pro Buggy and some Nascar inc the pickups and also just general short course racing... I salute you and your monster trucks. Gas guzzlers? Don't worry about that, that's what wars are for anyway (oil and stuff) and well apparently global warming doesn't exist anyway according to Trump. 

Ps... Here is one of the greatest things achieved by man... I'm gonna shut up now... 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-39428949

this link is to a BBC short video about a minute long.... Of a monster truck front flip... Happened few weeks ago

Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 21.42.30.png

• Like 3

Â