World Cup 2022: Qatar

maqroll

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sure the World Cup after is going to the USA who have done worse damage on the world stage

I think it's reasonable to draw a distinction between a country with disgusting warmongering foreign policy, and a country literally building their World Cup stadiums with the deaths of slave labour.

**** Qatar and **** FIFA. I won't watch a minute of this disgrace. 

• 8 months later...
4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Schedule is out

Starts Monday November 21st 2020 10am UK time, 4 games a day 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm

On paper that's me missing 2 games a day so a shit world cup 

And I thought the 2020 schedule was already congested ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Schedule is out

Starts Monday November 21st 2020 10am UK time, 4 games a day 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm

On paper that's me missing 2 games a day so a shit world cup 

12 days of 4 games a day book it off and enjoy it!?

If things carry on like they are most people can work from home and watch it all anyway :P

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Still hoping all the big federations refuse to compete. 

The same federations that desperately wanted football to return during a global pandemic to get the TV money only

I wouldn't hold my breath 😉

• Like 2

If there was a mass world-wide campaign by consumers to boycott products and services of the sponsors, that is the only way anyone would take any notice.

Force enough sponsors to withdraw from the competition which would hit FIFA in the pocket then they "might" listen. But by all accounts Qatar bought and paid for this competition back in 2009/10 so even that is a long shot.

• 4 months later...

What a boring group for England, with arguably only Poland as a viable competitor (if Lewandowski is playing with Pickford in goal!) 

i actually think the Scots could fair well in their group too. 

Edited by theboyangel

Â