Nicklas Helenius (AaB)

SikhInTrinity

Sylla is very ordinary but brought energy and desire to get after the ball, he was effective and it worked. Nothing special though in my opinion and his performances also came at a time when the corner had been turned.

Ordinary is harsh in my opinion.

Mine too.

I'm unsure whether he's "special" at this stage, I don't think I've seen nearly enough to judge. I do know that at 22 and being as dynamic as he appears to be in a small sample that he has potential.

I like our midfield three actually and the more they play together and gain an understanding the better they will become as a unit in my opinion.

Hi lads,

I am a long time AaB-fan and i have followed this thread about your signing of Helenius and thought i could contribute with a bit of knowledge about him.

Helenius, just turned 22 years a month ago, has made 102 appearances for AaB scoring 40 goals. He has scored 14 goals in 32 games in the league in 11/12 and 16 in 33 games this season, being runner op for the top scorer title in the league both years, having missed only one league match during these two years. He tops the goals+assist list this year with 7 assist, taking his total to 23 (runner-up last year 14+7=21) - so he is not at all a selfish player (Cornelius have made 18 goals/1 assist in comparison). He is a quiete guy, not showing many feelings on the pitch - except when scoring.

Despite being tall, the aerial play is not his major attribute. It has actually been a weakness, but over the last year he has developed these skills so that he is now a decent header, good at winning aerial-duels on Superliga-level, and has also scored two goals in the end of this season. His strength and 1st touches have also been a bit weak, but he has developed these as well. He is good at identifying his weaknesses and improve on these areas, so if you are concerned about his strength don't worry - he will build on the required muscles to compete on PL-level. As you have probably seen in the youtube-videos, he is technically gifted, able to challenge an opposition player. He has a good speed and has developed decent free-kick abilities (kicks a bit like Chealsea's David Luiz, but not with the same succes rate - yet :) ). Being a young player, he can sometimes be a bit, how can i put it, invisible on the pitch in periods of the game. This has also improved significantly during this season, and he has really raised the bar for his bottom level.

I would definetly say that his main attribute is the techniqual abilities, being able to suddely do something brilliant and scoring awesome goals or making an assist out of nowhere. If you sign him, don't expect him to be a massive succes like Benteke the first season (he does not cost Benteke-money either :) ). He will be a fine sub at first, and with the way he is able to develop his skills, he will slowly push on for the starting eleven. I am sure that Lambert will be able help him develop into a really good PL-striker in a couple of years, if he is given the support he needs. He always works hard, on and off the pitch. For probably no more than 1.5M £ i think you are doing bargain.

Hope this helps a bit, understanding what type of player he is.

Thanks very much for that, very interesting to hear the view point of someone who has seen a lot of him "in the flesh".

Hi lads,

I am a long time AaB-fan and i have followed this thread about your signing of Helenius and thought i could contribute with a bit of knowledge about him.

Helenius, just turned 22 years a month ago, has made 102 appearances for AaB scoring 40 goals. He has scored 14 goals in 32 games in the league in 11/12 and 16 in 33 games this season, being runner op for the top scorer title in the league both years, having missed only one league match during these two years. He tops the goals+assist list this year with 7 assist, taking his total to 23 (runner-up last year 14+7=21) - so he is not at all a selfish player (Cornelius have made 18 goals/1 assist in comparison). He is a quiete guy, not showing many feelings on the pitch - except when scoring.

Despite being tall, the aerial play is not his major attribute. It has actually been a weakness, but over the last year he has developed these skills so that he is now a decent header, good at winning aerial-duels on Superliga-level, and has also scored two goals in the end of this season. His strength and 1st touches have also been a bit weak, but he has developed these as well. He is good at identifying his weaknesses and improve on these areas, so if you are concerned about his strength don't worry - he will build on the required muscles to compete on PL-level. As you have probably seen in the youtube-videos, he is technically gifted, able to challenge an opposition player. He has a good speed and has developed decent free-kick abilities (kicks a bit like Chealsea's David Luiz, but not with the same succes rate - yet :) ). Being a young player, he can sometimes be a bit, how can i put it, invisible on the pitch in periods of the game. This has also improved significantly during this season, and he has really raised the bar for his bottom level.

I would definetly say that his main attribute is the techniqual abilities, being able to suddely do something brilliant and scoring awesome goals or making an assist out of nowhere. If you sign him, don't expect him to be a massive succes like Benteke the first season (he does not cost Benteke-money either :) ). He will be a fine sub at first, and with the way he is able to develop his skills, he will slowly push on for the starting eleven. I am sure that Lambert will be able help him develop into a really good PL-striker in a couple of years, if he is given the support he needs. He always works hard, on and off the pitch. For probably no more than 1.5M £ i think you are doing bargain.

Hope this helps a bit, understanding what type of player he is.

Thanks for the info, it's surprising for a tall player that one of his weaknesses is the aerial game and that is still important in the PL even though teams are moving toward more technical game. Lambert likes technical players so I can see why he's after Helenius especially if he has the capability to pull something surprising from his backpocket since we're still lacking players like that.

with that age / height / caps / club goals can I just call his price 1/35th of an andy carroll?

but I am a bit disappointed we arent buying English...

1. The equivalent English players are not in our price range at this technical level;
  2. The equivalent English players are $$$ ie Carroll.

According to danish paper - Ekstra Bladet - Cornelius were the player originally wanted by Lambert. 

Lets hope it's Vossen / Benteke all over again!

Cheers to that. :cheers:

And thanks to our Danish colleagues for excellent info. Must admit even as a Norvegian I hadn't even heard about Okore or Helenius.