The Randy Lerner thread

CI

19 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Randy needs to find some pennies down the back of his sofa and give it all to Remi, not the transfer committee that thought a right back and a has been would plug the gaps in our defence.

Lescott signing was all Sherwood IMO. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Lescott signing was all Sherwood IMO. 

Yeah, I'd agree with that but that actually makes it even worse though. The transfer committee thought we didn't need a right back and that all we needed to replace Ron Vlaar was a player who has barely played at centre half and a prospect from Liverpool.

I'm really glad we signed Amavi but in many ways we needed a player like him for right back more than we did left back.

36 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm really glad we signed Amavi but in many ways we needed a player like him for right back more than we did left back.

....then we could have played the new RB and switched Hutton across to cover the gap on the left......oh, hang on a minute!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

There is a 0.000000001% that im sort of glad we are going to go down and its because of this man.  He has bleed us dry for 6 years

No you're wrong - we are in this position because of Lerner's incompetence not because of greed. I imagine he has lost tens if not hundreds of millions in the last six years.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, VillaCas said:

No you're wrong - we are in this position because of Lerner's incompetence not because of greed. I imagine he has lost tens if not hundreds of millions in the last six years.

He has bleed us dry for 6 years to try and recoup the money he pissed up the wall

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

He has bleed us dry for 6 years to try and recoup the money he pissed up the wall

No he hasn't ! A very good read about our finances but disproves the myth peddled by some Lerner has been bleeding us dry to cover his losses. Still don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion/own agenda 

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/aston-villa-lost-in-supermarket.html?m=1

"dismal performance off the pitch with the club bleeding money through some hefty losses, financed by the American owner Randy Lerner pumping vast sums of money into Aston Villa" 

Edited by thabucks

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

No he hasn't ! 

Really, whats our net spend year on year on transfers since Lambert took over?  We are were we are because he slammed on the brakes because he let other managers be kids in a sweetie shop

Net spend vs losses xFFP=money available. Read the above report.?

Not defending him but to say he has been bleeding us dry is just wrong. 

I agree though we are where we are because he slammed the brakes on. However we didn't have a lot of choice due to FFP and could sustain losses like we were season upon season 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Net spend vs losses xFFP=money available. Read the above report.?

Not defending him but to say he has been bleeding us dry is just wrong. 

Yup. Randy isn't taking money out of the club. Well, as far as we're aware he's not.

The next set of accounts will be interesting. If he has now tried to repay himself for all the money he's lost whilst running the club at the bare minimum, then I imagine the fans will feel very differently towards Lerner and it could get quite nasty. 

• Like 1

I just get so angry thinking about how this **** loon has mismanaged my club that we are now behind the likes of Leicester , Southampton,  Swansea,  Stoke, Crystal **** Palace, West Brom , West Ham and possibly Watford in terms of development, and chances of staying in this league. Lerner you absolute **** word removed shitbag.

• Like 1

And that is why this total word removed clearing in the woods is worse than Ellis.  Under him we may have not been able to compete with Manure and Plop,  we may have missed the opportunity to be Arsenal ,  we may have been relegated but even when we were relegated we had a great chance of coming back and we did and we never ,  never fell behind the clubs I have mentioned above.

44 minutes ago, Richard said:

And that is why this total word removed clearing in the woods is worse than Ellis.  Under him we may have not been able to compete with Manure and Plop,  we may have missed the opportunity to be Arsenal ,  we may have been relegated but even when we were relegated we had a great chance of coming back and we did and we never ,  never fell behind the clubs I have mentioned above.

Maybe you should have a look at the league table for 85/6 & 86/7 & 87/8 & 88/9 where we finished behind  the clubs mentioned and other similar smaller clubs -  wimbledon, watford, Oxford, QPR, West Ham, Southampton, Luton, Coventry, Norwich, Forest, Sheff Wed., charlton, Millwall....

The point of me pointing this out is not to be pedantic, and not to dismiss the anger, but to say that things are not quite as they might seem. It's always been the case that bigger clubs when they fall will have smaller clubs ahead of them and it will always seem (and be the case) that they will have fallen behind the smaller clubs.

None of that is to dismiss the utter mess that's been made of things, or the behaviours of the past few years.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, John said:

Come on lads times are hard now as they were in the late 60's and mid 80's. but things will get better as they did in the early 80's and in the early 90's. Deadly did not stop me making my son a Villa fan nor should our present so called custodian stop you both making the right choice that I am sure when the time comes you will! ;)   

I tried to make my son a Villa fan. I had him sat on my knee as a baby when we beat Manu at old Trafford (apart from a brief gabby related moment when I jumped up too fast). His first villa park game was when we last beat man city and that was an awesome day. I gave him my scarf that day to remember it by.

He is Barcelona fan today  

It's the only reason I had second kid

• Like 4

Â