The Randy Lerner thread

CI

18 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

Your only real criticism is that he's not hands on enough? Really?

how about the lack of investment over the last 5 years? That's why we're in this mess, it's nothing to do with O'Neill. Jesus, wake up and smell the coffee. 

Spending recklessly is exactly the reason we haven't been spending, for numerous reasons. First of all, it meant the club had been bleeding money like crazy, secondly, compounding it with even more spending is madness.

"nothing to do with O'Neill", Jesus Christ.

Do you also believe that Leeds and Portsmouth went down because of a lack of spending, not the reckless spending that preceded?

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 2

On 28/11/2015 18:34:44, DCJonah said:

I'm having twins. One will be a united fan and one a city fan. Let them enjoy the sport and argue with each other.

On 28/11/2015 18:39:52, samjp26 said:

No way, I'm having twins too! hahaha

Mine are gonna support Barca or Real Madrid to be honest, Lerner has killed our club, such a sad situation

Come on lads times are hard now as they were in the late 60's and mid 80's. but things will get better as they did in the early 80's and in the early 90's. Deadly did not stop me making my son a Villa fan nor should our present so called custodian stop you both making the right choice that I am sure when the time comes you will! ;)   

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I'm surprised there aren't more ant-Lerner chants at VP. Not for him to sell the club, but just songs of hate.

I guess the fact that he does not turn up to hear them might have some impact on that. Most chairmen and owners attend the odd game to suggest they do have some interest in how their team are doing.  

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I could see him rushing to find a buyer now. This could be argued as the last chance to get a decent price since there's still a thin, golden thread of hope.

because he hasnt been trying to sell us for last few years? Selling a football team is not like selling a used car

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because he hasnt been trying to sell us for last few years? Selling a football team is not like selling a used car

From what I've seen, he'd been holding out for a good price. That time has passed. The time of the orcs is here.

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

From what I've seen, he'd been holding out for a good price.

I wonder about that.

Randy could sell the club tomorrow if he dropped his price to 10mill - but what would be the point of that? Somebody who could only afford that wouldn't be able to afford wages for full season. They'd most likely shut everything down and sell off the assets.

I think Randy is looking for a decent price - not looking to make a motza off some sucker - and that alone means we are more likely to have a decent owner. You may not like his ownership, but this is the right strategy for an exit.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ozvillafan said:

I wonder about that.

Randy could sell the club tomorrow if he dropped his price to 10mill - but what would be the point of that? Somebody who could only afford that wouldn't be able to afford wages for full season. They'd most likely shut everything down and sell off the assets.

I think Randy is looking for a decent price - not looking to make a motza off some sucker - and that alone means we are more likely to have a decent owner. You may not like his ownership, but this is the right strategy for an exit.

I don't think we're seeing it much differently. I merely think that he may well be in a better position to command that "decent" price NOW than he could well be for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yeah, he has. He really has. Trying sooooiooooo hard! No interest though, nup, nobody to piss off at all. Nup. Zilch.

5 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

I wonder about that.

I thought the club was self sufficient now. And we're getting relegated because we've cut costs too quickly to make that happen. 

So a new owner wouldn't have to pay for the wages, I think we need someone who cares and who isn't a complete idiot not just someone wealthy. 

We've had the billionaire owner and its **** us up.

Edited by DCJonah

26 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

The irony is the more he tries to save money the more he has to spend in compensation, staff etc and the worse we get. Serves him right.

Yep and the 100m the buffon loses when we get relegated. What a absolute poor businessman you are Randolph

On 11/22/2015, 2:28:37, PieFacE said:

At the end of the day,  the person who will feel villa getting relegated most is Randy Lerner.  I'm at that point where I really am not bothered.  If we go down,  I'll continue to go to villa Park.  If we stay up,  I'll continue to go to villa Park.  If I feel it's not financially worthwhile,  I'll stop going.  Unfortunately for Randy,  he doesn't have that option.  He's completely messed his investment up good and proper,  and there's nothing I can do about that. 

I know not everyone will agree with my blaze way of thinking,  but the last few years have got me to this point. 

Villa Park  has become a social occasion followed by terrible football.  I really struggle to care much more than that.  

I made that decision many moons ago.

I ceased my season ticket in the last year of Martin O'Neills reign....I was tired of low grade football.

My god, as each season has past and I have been waiting to return, it has got gradually worse.....I'm waiting for it to bottom out, but sadly no sign of that we seem to keep finding new lows.

It seems like we go from one bad decision to another.....and learn nothing.

Ps I just get invited to the corporate days adhoc..... went on Saturday

Â