Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

The point is very simple-He had the option to join the biggest club in the country. Gabby didn't. Neither did any other striker. Comparing Gabby to Dwight Yorke is ridiculous.

Playing for the shittest squad ever assembled didn't stop Benteke scoring.

Yes it did, he isn't scoring for Liverpool [emoji6]

I'm not very good at being a carpenter (Baker, Doctor..........).

However, I chose another line of work.

Gabby is not very good at football.

gets 60kpw..........

Edited by Grasshopper

14 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

gets 60kpw..........

What has him getting paid 60k a week got to do with him supposedly not being very good at his job?

• Like 1

OK, here's my take on the Gabby debate.

I'll put myself in Gabby's shoes.

I'm a Villa fan, have been since I was 6/7yrs old, I dream of playing for Villa my whole childhood and finally as a teenager I get taken on in the youth system and finally work my way up to the first team in the PL and the England team. Great.

I'm really proud of my achievements, secure mine & my family's financial future beyond my wildest dreams. Life couldn't be better.

Then, Fate, reality or whatever it is takes its toll (insert reasons, blame - bulking up, club goes to shit, managers/coaches......whatever). My performances for the club I love continually decline along with the clubs fortunes.

There comes a point where the club can't/doesn't help me (apart from 60kpw) and I can't/don't help the club.

Decision time - Do I :

1) Pull my sleeves up, give my all regardless of the end result.

2) Bow out gracefully, thankfull of everything I have recieved from The Club, Football, Money and the honour, and make a career change.

I have the choice of "Continuing" to play even though that ship has somewhat sailed and I can't make the/some difference to Villa's fortunes.

or

Step aside, be a fan again, letting others more inclined to help the club.

Regardless of the predicament the club is in, Gabby's contribution, over a long period, has not warranted his selection (or 60kpw). So to hog the limelight, proclaim being Mr Villa, and being as ineffective as he has been, is for me being very selfish. Therefore the critisism, dogs-abuse......etc is part of the territory.

To score in front of the Holte End, that goal probably being the clincher for a much needed 3pts, and not celebrating is disgracefull and disrespectfull.

No matter what you get paid for whatever job you do, One owes it to oneself to do the best one can. Especially a job you love doing and for the Employer you most like to do it for.

Of course if you don't like the job, or fell out of love with it, then give it up - do something else you want to do - take a time out - get some perspective.

------------------------

Personally, I love my job, and would probably do it for free if I didn't need the money. I've done it since I've been 17 (now 54) I'll never retire (health and demand permitting) but in the 30+ years that I've done my "dream job" I've taken at least 4 time outs to re-group, re-love, re-invigourate or whatever, to realise 1) how lucky I am. 2) How priveliged I should feel doing what I love as my main occupation.

I'll never be a Millionaire, but that's not really my main objective in life. Money can't buy me health & happiness.

Does Gabby look happy at scoring a Goal for Villa in front of our home fans in such a do or die game in probably the most important season in our history since he's been at the club?

NO

Unbelievable. An absolute disgrace to the shirt, even more so to his selfish self.

Edited by Grasshopper

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

"Fans"...

The bloke goes to Dubai or where ever to try and get himself fit for the run in - he gets dogs abuse

He puts videos of himself training - he gets dogs abuse

He doesn't score - he gets dogs abuse

He scores - he gets dogs abuse

He puts a video of him flipping pancakes for his kids - he gets dogs abuse

Do people seriously wonder why there isn't a connection between him and us anymore? The bloke can't do right for wrong

Is there a connection within himself?

Whereabouts is the balance of his Rights/Wrongs over the last 4 years or so?

Sorry!

Can't stand the heat? Get out of the kitchen.

The real world is life itself.

or

Life's a crack, a party, a joke, whatever...................who gives a ....?

Edited by Grasshopper

2 minutes ago, Villanun said:

Jesus, you'd think he'd killed someone.

Sorry.

I wasn't abusing him in these posts.

I wasn't even critisizing him on a person level.

I was stating my opinion, and offering an insight of what "one fan" (me) thinks.

I don't twitter him.

I post my opinion of him

1) I think he's a shit footballer at PL level earning far too much money for what he actually delivers.

2) If I were in his shoes/position, I would do things differently.

I think you going off at a tangent and mentioning him "killing somebody" is irrelevent to what I posted.

However I fully respect that you have the right to post whatever you want here and will continue to do so even if I disagree with what you post.

27 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Is there a connection within himself?

Whereabouts is the balance of his Rights/Wrongs over the last 4 years or so?

Sorry!

Can't stand the heat? Get out of the kitchen.

The real world is life itself.

or

Life's a crack, a party, a joke, whatever...................who gives a ....?

Cool poem bro. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

gets 60kpw..........

Not very good? Really? In comparison to Premier League defenders or the general population?!

5 minutes ago, chrissmith921 said:

Not very good? Really? In comparison to Premier League defenders or the general population?!

Me & Gabby both

Gabby should pull his socks up or consider a career change

The question is how much abuse is a fan entitled to give based on the money they pay?

Gate and match day receipts amount to £13m out of Villa's turnover of £117m (9%).

£13m divided by 19 games comes to £684k

The average gate is 34975 which means the average fan is paying £19.5 per home game towards the cost of running Villa.

59% of that contribution Villa pay out in wages, which is £11.5 

Which means the average fan should get around £1's worth of abuse for each player in the team per week.

Gabby might be getting £60k a week but how much abuse should he expect from someone only paying him a quid a week? :)

Considering his contribution to the team over the last 4 or 5 years I think he has had a really easy ride from Villa fans. Never really heard much abuse in the ground, As for online stuff, don't read it myself. If it's there it's out of order, but for crying out loud, he is a grown man, and he can just not read it. Stan Collymore gets real abuse, he just mans up and gives it back. The simple truth is, if Gabby does what he's paid a very handsome salary to do, he won't be criticized , over the top or not. Plenty of other players have had more abuse than Gabby, it's always been that way. Bit of a red herring really.  

Him not 'celebrating' might not have anything to do with fans. He might just be feeling so numb about the situation that we find ourselves in, and can't bring himself to be happy until things have improved. I mean in the match thread there were people saying that they didn't celebrate (or words to that affect) when the first goal went in.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

"Fans"...

The bloke goes to Dubai or where ever to try and get himself fit for the run in - he gets dogs abuse

He puts videos of himself training - he gets dogs abuse

He doesn't score - he gets dogs abuse

He scores - he gets dogs abuse

He puts a video of him flipping pancakes for his kids - he gets dogs abuse

Do people seriously wonder why there isn't a connection between him and us anymore? The bloke can't do right for wrong

two things wrong with this (despite the multiple likes).  

1- It ignores the "he is noted by many including the national press for standing around on the pitch offering little options for his teammates, he disappears on the pitch for long periods within and across multiple matches,  his goal scoring is spotty,  his decision making with the ball is frequently suspect."  

2- It ignores the overall fan frustration with the team.  There's hardly a thread on here (or any other fan forum for that matter) that doesn't include some "dogs abuse" for every single human, animal, mascot, or aroma associated with the team.

Having said that.  What the post get's right  (IMO) is that "dogs abuse" is not appropriate, never appropriate, never helpful.  Criticism yes.  (the statements I made above are not "dogs abuse" they are statements of at least reasonable perceptions on his actual conduct.)

BTW, someone is likely to disagree with my post and write a disagreement so that I "can't do right for wrong" either.  I'll post something else later on.  The fact that some critics are moronic in their vitriole and scope doesn't prevent me from posting, nor should it prevent him from working his #%# off to do his job well.  Too often, I'm not seeing that.

• Like 1

Â