Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 03/02/2016 at 19:24, Brumerican said:
On 02/02/2016 at 18:16, sharkyvilla said:

What is it with you lot and David Duchovny all of a sudden? 

I am a Rob Lowe man myself. Whilst on that subject I should say that I am really enjoying The Grinder. Fred Savage is brilliant as the voice of reason in a world of stupidity and nobody does narcissism better than Rob Lowe.

Lowe was outstanding as Eddie Nero. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Everyone is raving about 24 ( I know it's old) but thinking to maybe start on this but people have said it's really addictive

It is really good. I watched all 8 series back to back and they do get repetitive but still highly enjoyable! Start the first season and you'll be hooked

Watched episode 1 of The Following (Kevin Bacon). It was good, took a twist I wasn't expecting. Looking forward to watching more of it later tonight 

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

My mate lent me the wire as he raving about, I just can't get into it. 4 episodes in and I'm bored of it.

Its not a show that grabs you by the gonads from the get go, Its a slow burner but persevere and you will be rewarded. 

Still remains my favourite show I have seen

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its not a show that grabs you by the gonads from the get go, Its a slow burner but persevere and you will be rewarded. 

Still remains my favourite show I have seen

I can imagine at this point the show might seem a little dated in many ways. Still, it remains the cream of the crop for me. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

My mate lent me the wire as he raving about, I just can't get into it. 4 episodes in and I'm bored of it.

You're not the first, and won't be the last to say this. Stick with it, it's totally worth it. It will pay off. 

14 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

That was me last summer. 

I persevered. 

It was worth it.

Making of a Murderer - a Netflix documentary series about the case of Steven Avery.. How he was actually found guilty of murder when all of the "evidence" is provided to a jury, I'll never know.

All this, because he was wrongly imprisoned for 18 (eighteen!) years for a sexual assault.

If you haven't watched it, and you're interested in real life cases, with evidence shown throughout, interviews with all parties etc - then go watch it, I've got 2 episodes left and it's astonishing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

Actually LF that was a timely post. I have the week off and was just wondering about what to start watching. Been meaning to watch MoaM for a while so you have made up my mind

Gold star for you

No probs :)

It's a 1 off series, with 11, hour long episodes, with a 12th episode a "how it was made" kind of deal.

Watch it and let me know what you think - I've found it just absolutely grabbing, and very little on TV does that to me - going to watch the last 1.5 episodes this evening hopefully! :D

16 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

No probs :)

It's a 1 off series, with 11, hour long episodes, with a 12th episode a "how it was made" kind of deal.

Watch it and let me know what you think - I've found it just absolutely grabbing, and very little on TV does that to me - going to watch the last 1.5 episodes this evening hopefully! :D

I stopped watching half way through because I got very interested in the case and it seems that the documentary is very tilted in one direction. The moment I found out it wasn't completely objective I became uninterested in the programme

Â