The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

15 hours ago, DK82 said:

Article suggests they want premier league experience to help avoid the drop...

that could have been solved by appointing Allardyce or Moyes!

They should also try signing players with premier league experience too instead of wank players from abroad and the championship.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yeah, and that Amavi guy was shit wasn't he? I much prefer Kieran "bags of PL experience" Richardson

Amavi is one signing who has been good on a consistant basis

Ayew,Gestede,Veretout,Traore,Crespo,Gueye cost about £40m give or take and have been for the large part been totally bollocks apart from the odd decent performance from Ayew and Gana who has been crap for weeks now. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Yeah, and that Amavi guy was shit wasn't he? I much prefer Kieran "bags of PL experience" Richardson

Man for man, the entire squad has been shite regardless of where they came from. Maybe a manager with premier league experience would have got a tune out of them...?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'll believe this rumour when I see it.

I don't think the club would be stupid enough to force an assistant on Garde. 

This is the thing with Aston Villa though, you wouldn't expect the club to be that stupid while at the same time not being surprised if they were. 

• Like 2

Just to throw in my opinion on Garde- Saturday was disappointing but I'm trying to remind myself that he's still only had two games, and we played very well in one of them. (Without looking for excuses, I wonder if the international break stole a bit of momentum from that performance against Man City.) So I haven't lost all hope in him just yet. I need to see some serious improvement before Christmas to have any real optimism about our survival chances, though.

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Amavi is one signing who has been good on a consistant basis

Ayew,Gestede,Veretout,Traore,Crespo,Gueye cost about £40m give or take and have been for the large part been totally bollocks apart from the odd decent performance from Ayew and Gana who has been crap for weeks now. 

So you're writing them off after just a few months? It's also worth remembering that many of them barely featured under Sherwood.

And of course our PL experienced players have been just as bad if not worse.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Man for man, the entire squad has been shite regardless of where they came from. Maybe a manager with premier league experience would have got a tune out of them...?

I don't seem to recall PL-experienced  Lambert getting much out of his squad. Surely you don't buy into this "PL experience" myth?

1 hour ago, jayEm said:

Just to throw in my opinion on Garde- Saturday was disappointing but I'm trying to remind myself that he's still only had two games, and we played very well in one of them. (Without looking for excuses, I wonder if the international break stole a bit of momentum from that performance against Man City.) So I haven't lost all hope in him just yet. I need to see some serious improvement before Christmas to have any real optimism about our survival chances, though.

I think it was just a case that trying to repeat the Man City tactics backfired due to early defensive mistakes that we couldn't recover from.  Saturday will give an indication of Garde's flexibility with tactics and a decent performance will go a long way in giving me hope of survival.  A weak defeat or draw will probably drain whatever enthusiasm I have left.  4 points from those 3 matches would be a great start, though.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

I really hope the team we see vs Watford features quite a few changes in every area of the pitch.

Garde has to make some bold decisions as nothing is working so far.

It was only recently under the last manager some of us was clamouring for a settled team....now we are looking for changes.

The sad fact is no one knows what the best team is because their individual form is up and down like a fiddlers elbow.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I think it was just a case that trying to repeat the Man City tactics backfired due to early defensive mistakes that we couldn't recover from.  Saturday will give an indication of Garde's flexibility with tactics and a decent performance will go a long way in giving me hope of survival.  A weak defeat or draw will probably drain whatever enthusiasm I have left.  4 points from those 3 matches would be a great start, though.

Totally, if you take out the completely mental suicidal mistakes then it would have been a different game. That different game is the one Garde prepared for. Not even a team of Jock Stein and Jesus could have saved us seeing as certain players were so dead set on committing hari kari.

Watford however is a different kettle of fish entirely, away at Everton and home to Watford really should not be treated the same way at all, especially in our position. Very much shit or bust and I expect whilst he'll have been working on making sure there's not the same level of tragicomic defending, I'd also expect he's going to set us out to be attacking and not giving away so much possession and territory in order to be compact.

Not a reaction to anyone, just a statement, but I haven't seen anything yet to suggest Remi is out of his depth or making errors. The international break was the reason Sanchez didn't play against Everton, and we were over run in midfield - not Remi's fault. He has done the right thing by exiling Gabby and kicking Grealish up the bottom. As it stands, I believe that when Remi has had a window or two, and gets his first choice coaches, we will see a strong Villa. But that will all take time and possibly more time than we have available this season.

• Like 2

I like the whole "I'm the boss" routine but its a double edged sword. If you have a lot of respect from the players they will cross no man's land for you but if you don't then it will alienate them and cause a mutiny like with Souness and Domenech. I'm not saying Garde is wrong but he's playing a dangerous game. I have the useless clearings in the woods listen to him.

Â