The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

If we'd have spent the 9m on Ayew and 6m on Gestede on Austin, we'd be far better off now.

And you say I post crap :lol:

You don't think we'd be better off with Austin rather than Ayew and Gestede?

Try to actually debate the point rather than just call it crap. I called your point absolute twoddle but at least I told you why.

110m to just about make mid table. That's crap mate. Absolutely absurd crap.

of course we wouldn't so get of your high horse. we would still have the same crap collection of midfielders, the same collection of crap defenders and the same dodgy goalkeeper. austin would have made zero difference to the start this season. 

I think most people think, like me that he should go now, rather than be given more time. When a club is doing as poorly as we are then it's inevitable that the manger will be gone sooner rather than later.
Edited by useless
  • Like 2

It's only a matter of time now, if the players think the same, then we've got to act asap.

But EVERYTHING is "only a matter of time." Pregnancy, growing corn, dinosaurs, the implosion of the sun.

I think you're adding a sense of urgency that is simply artificial and contrived. Why? Because you love the club? I can understand that, but it's not reality-based. Yes, things are dire, but there's a fairly wide consensus out there that Tim definitely has more time. You think I'm inventing that?

It's only a matter of time now, if the players think the same, then we've got to act asap.

But EVERYTHING is "only a matter of time." Pregnancy, growing corn, dinosaurs, the implosion of the sun.

I think you're adding a sense of urgency that is simply artificial and contrived. Why? Because you love the club? I can understand that, but it's not reality-based. Yes, things are dire, but there's a fairly wide consensus out there that Tim definitely has more time. You think I'm inventing that?

It's not just time that's conspiring against Sherwood's, it's also his own inadacaquacies as football manager. There's only so many chances he's going to get and obviously they're limited. I'm so convinced that he won't be of this Football Club, that much longer.

I know, I know. But you're making it sound like "IT MUST HAPPEN TODAY!" and there's no evidence to suggest it will. I keep looking far and wide, and see only, "He should get a little more time."

I think more people are in agreement with me (or more acururateley they've come to the conclusion by themselves), that it would be best if he was to leave now, than there are people who think he should get a little more time. It might not happen today or tomorrow but I think it's pretty inevitable that he won't be around for much longer.

On VT, yes, but not elsewhere -- except perhaps another Villa board. I think you greatly overstate that impetus to get rid. In general, I think we've been seeing in this thread a rather distorted picture of the real consensus, which is more like this: "We're very worried and hate his team selections but he should get a few more weeks." 

• Like 1

If we'd have spent the 9m on Ayew and 6m on Gestede on Austin, we'd be far better off now.

Try to actually debate the point rather than just call it crap. I called your point absolute twoddle but at least I told you why.

of course we wouldn't so get of your high horse. we would still have the same crap collection of midfielders, the same collection of crap defenders and the same dodgy goalkeeper. austin would have made zero difference to the start this season. 

I'm not on a high horse. You're just talking crap. 110m and barely mid table. I still can't believe you said that :D:D

I think Austin would have made a huge difference. With him, you have a striker who knows where the goal is and scored goals for a QPR side worse than us.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

I'm not on a high horse. You're just talking crap. 110m and barely mid table. I still can't believe you said that :D:D

I think Austin would have made a huge difference. With him, you have a striker who knows where the goal is and scored goals for a QPR side worse than us.

Yeah, there for the picking, too -- low-hanging fruit, and we let go. :(

LOL wow, we shouldn't expect to beat a poor Stoke team at home? 

Stoke have champions league winners in their squad. Sunderland I agree are a load of crap but Stoke really do have some very good players and a decent manager, they will not struggle this year.

Come on man, it's necessary to win some matches to get to 40 points. You can always make an excuse for every opponent, but the fact remains that Stoke at home is definitely one of the easiest half of fixtures in this league, and probably one of the easiest 25%. Before we met, they'd won once all season and hadn't kept a clean sheet, I don't think it's totally unreasonable to expect a victory in that match. 

• Like 1

Stefan I do think you make quite good points regularly but having Austin instead of Gestede or Ayew doesn't guarantee we would be better off. If the service is poor it doesn't matter who you have up front to a degree. Our problems are in midfield not up top. Gestede has already proved if he gets the service he will score so I think personally the Austin argument is currently redundant.    

• Like 1

Some of the excuses are hilarious

1 win in 7 games

enough said

Not nearly enough said. If he didn't talk so much absolute shite and didn't seem so utterly clueless, I'd still give him the benefit of doubt. The results are only unacceptable because Tim himself has convinced me he has no idea how to improve them. 

• Like 2

game to game so far

Bournemouth- poor performance but won with a goal from a sub(Tim doesnt make good subs)

Man Utd- poor game from both sides nothing in it but a deflected goal. could have a had a penalty

Palace - not a great performance but enough for a draw big impact from a sub(again!) but hashup from Amavi and Guzan cost us

Notts County - experimental team but got job done over 120 minutes

Sunderland - best performance of season we battered them and should have won only for poor defending by Clark and our lack of cutting edge

Leicester - definite Tim error on this no question though 2 of defenders having brainfarts didnt help things

West Brom - poor performance though goal disallowed very harshly could have changed entire outlook

Birmingham - poor 1st half but good subs(really :O) at half time changed the game in our favour

Liverpool - not as bad as people made out, we gave them too much respect and ran into a top striker on form. Did OK to get back into it and had many chances to get a draw

Stoke - lacked a cutting edge from both teams if honest and denied 2 penalties and Richards missed a sitter

granted not a great start but all them games could have swung either way

Seems we are worrying about nothing, when you put it like that.

game to game so far

Bournemouth- poor performance but won with a goal from a sub(Tim doesnt make good subs)

Man Utd- poor game from both sides nothing in it but a deflected goal. could have a had a penalty

Palace - not a great performance but enough for a draw big impact from a sub(again!) but hashup from Amavi and Guzan cost us

Sunderland - best performance of season we battered them and should have won only for poor defending by Clark and our lack of cutting edge

Leicester - definite Tim error on this no question though 2 of defenders having brainfarts didnt help things

West Brom - poor performance though goal disallowed very harshly could have changed entire outlook

Birmingham - poor 1st half but good subs(really :O) at half time changed the game in our favour

Liverpool - not as bad as people made out, we gave them too much respect and ran into a top striker on form. Did OK to get back into it and had many chances to get a draw

Stoke - lacked a cutting edge from both teams if honest and denied 2 penalties and Richards missed a sitter

Seems we are worrying about nothing, when you put it like that.

What might have been, if only we had a competent manager in charge.

• Like 2

If the league table paid any attention to "whats ifs" and "almosts", every **** team would be unbeaten so far. I'll stick to considering what actually happened in our games.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

If he keeps on the way he is then I think he's going to lose the dressing room before too long.

Hopefully, now that we have a bit of a break before the relegation scrap with Chelsea, Sherwood & his staff can sit down and figure out what went wrong and how to put it right. However, I honestly don't think that Sherwood is capable of any kind of analytical self-reflection at all; I believe he is one of those stereotypical Executive types, always moving forward, driven by nothing but self-interest, who in the end leave with a big fat payment when shit hits the fan.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

game to game so far

But they didn't, and to get one point from a run of fixtures which includes Palace, Sunderland, Leicester, West Brom and Stoke is a total disgrace. 

two of which are in the top 6. yes its not good enough but the league table would look a little different but for the defensive errors

Stefan I do think you make quite good points regularly but having Austin instead of Gestede or Ayew doesn't guarantee we would be better off. If the service is poor it doesn't matter who you have up front to a degree. Our problems are in midfield not up top. Gestede has already proved if he gets the service he will score so I think personally the Austin argument is currently redundant.    

It isn't a guarantee. It's what I think based on Austin's previous season with a midfield and service worse than ours. Gestede will score if he's given the exact and specific type of service. Other than that, he struggles.

• Like 1

On VT, yes, but not elsewhere -- except perhaps another Villa board. I think you greatly overstate that impetus to get rid. In general, I think we've been seeing in this thread a rather distorted picture of the real consensus, which is more like this: "We're very worried and hate his team selections but he should get a few more weeks." 

I'd point to the 80% of people who responded to the poll about whether Tactics Tim should go. What evidence are you using to suggest the overwhelming majority wish him to have more time?

game to game so far

But they didn't, and to get one point from a run of fixtures which includes Palace, Sunderland, Leicester, West Brom and Stoke is a total disgrace. 

two of which are in the top 6. yes its not good enough but the league table would look a little different but for the defensive errors

Perhaps the premier league will take this all into account at the end of the season?

• Like 4

Having trouble copying as on a tablet, but it seems Tim has changed his mind again. After saying all signings were his, he now says they weren't - thus making them out to be seconds, never your fault is it Tim you absolute cock!

Arrrrgghhhh trying to edit. Should have just taken a warning for no quote :(

so sorry :(

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood concerned untested foreign signings may not adapt quickly enough to avoid relegation battle... after missing out on his preferred targets

• Tim Sherwood worried foreign imports may take too long to adapt 
  • Aston Villa are languishing in 18th with just one Premier League win
  • Villa boss to implement inte

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3263913/Aston-Villa-boss-Tim-Sherwood-concerned-untested-foreign-signings-not-adapt-quickly-avoid-relegation-battle-missing-preferred-targets.html#ixzz3nugMnfgT 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Edited by DK82

Â