The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Remember that they're the pair who brought us ... Tim Sherwood. 

Who kept us up against the odds and to an FA cup final.

Well either him or Benteke, take your choice

To be fair we had a decent new manager bounce and a nine games spell where we picked up 16 points from a possible 27 and we had a great performance against Liverpool

In the next 10 games he's picked up 4 points from a possible 30 and had a dreadful performance against Arsenal

There is nothing at all to suggest that the direction of travel is anything other than down

Personally I can't see any prospect of a win in the next five games - 4 points from a possilbe 39? He should be shot for that not sacked

The chances of him turning this around are remarkably slim, the chances of the new manager being in such a deep hole that survival is impossible is immense

"We will never be in this position again" to "I have no idea of my best formation or best team" in lightning time

The next headlines will be about how the board or the club have not backed him, his ego will find it impossible to admit that he has not got what it takes

Turns out those Spuds fans were right all along - the blokes is a charlatan and needs to be sacked

I see the Sherwood revisionism is underway - we're in the end game folks

• Like 2

It's only a matter of time now, if the players think the same, then we've got to act asap.

But EVERYTHING is "only a matter of time." Pregnancy, growing corn, dinosaurs, the implosion of the sun.

I think you're adding a sense of urgency that is simply artificial and contrived. Why? Because you love the club? I can understand that, but it's not reality-based. Yes, things are dire, but there's a fairly wide consensus out there that Tim definitely has more time. You think I'm inventing that?

It's only a matter of time now, if the players think the same, then we've got to act asap.

But EVERYTHING is "only a matter of time." Pregnancy, growing corn, dinosaurs, the implosion of the sun.

I think you're adding a sense of urgency that is simply artificial and contrived. Why? Because you love the club? I can understand that, but it's not reality-based. Yes, things are dire, but there's a fairly wide consensus out there that Tim definitely has more time. You think I'm inventing that?

It's not just time that's conspiring against Sherwood's, it's also his own inadacaquacies as football manager. There's only so many chances he's going to get and obviously they're limited. I'm so convinced that he won't be of this Football Club, that much longer.

I know, I know. But you're making it sound like "IT MUST HAPPEN TODAY!" and there's no evidence to suggest it will. I keep looking far and wide, and see only, "He should get a little more time."

I think more people are in agreement with me (or more acururateley they've come to the conclusion by themselves), that it would be best if he was to leave now, than there are people who think he should get a little more time. It might not happen today or tomorrow but I think it's pretty inevitable that he won't be around for much longer.

On VT, yes, but not elsewhere -- except perhaps another Villa board. I think you greatly overstate that impetus to get rid. In general, I think we've been seeing in this thread a rather distorted picture of the real consensus, which is more like this: "We're very worried and hate his team selections but he should get a few more weeks." 

Really? Where elsewhere? Because when I've been on H&V, Vital, MoM and other Villa fan sites the picture is much the same as on here as are the comments on less partizan sites like the Birmingham Mail. So I'm curious, what are your points of reference that support this conclusion that this thread doesn't represent the real consensus?

12 players in, 2 frees, 1 500k and 1 loan.

55m was more than enough for him.

He's just Redknapp 2.0 isn't he? Without the wins.

I know redknapp is a magma faced clearing in the woods but calling Sherwood Redknapp 2.0 is quite an insult to arry tbh

• Like 1

I'm guessing Lescott was one of Sherwoods signings as he is intent on playing him. Thankfully we didnt let him sign all his own targets and I'm happy enough with how we went about our business and the majority of our signings, all were missing is a decent manager who can put them put on the pitch with a proper game plan and let them play to their strengths.

• Like 1

fortunately there are no quotes attributed at all to the headline.

Leaked by him. And even when there are quotes, 'we won't be n this position again, even if we sign nobody' as an example, our own fans spin that as something else anyway. He could thump a granny and it'd be called passion.

Â