Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

What's the point? He's either gonna:

a.) Miscontrol it
b.) Trip over either the ball or one of his legs, or both
c.) If he manages to overcome hurdles a and b, then he'll dribble in place until he's closed down and
d.) Trip 

Hes not the only player in our squad with that skillset,unfortunately.

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

What's the point? He's either gonna:

a.) Miscontrol it
b.) Trip over either the ball or one of his legs, or both
c.) If he manages to overcome hurdles a and b, then he'll dribble in place until he's closed down and
d.) Trip 

Good post, but you missed 'shoot tamely several yards wide of the goal'

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

I wonder what the hell Man City saw in him?  On loan to the Baggies for a whole season and never played? 

I wonder what Man City see in 80% of the garbage they sign.

The season they signed Scott they also bought such wonders as Rodwell, Javi Garcia, Maicon and Nastasic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ermie123 said:

I wonder what the hell Man City saw in him?  On loan to the Baggies for a whole season and never played? 

I think he is the perfect Pep player. he could be to city what Messi and Robben are to Barca and Bayern

• Like 1

Five – no, six – PL players disliked by their own fans

Scott Sinclair – Aston Villa
When Aston Villa supporters vociferously accused the club’s players of not trying following the FA Cup draw with Wycombe, Sinclair was the person who immediately sprang to mind. The winger had touched the ball 22 times in 71 minutes, and was substituted to an angry response from the away end.

The accusation is that Sinclair is a coaster, happy to try on the field but hardly weighed down by relegation fears. He will simply up sticks and move on to another middling-to-low Premier League club, you see. At some point clubs will refuse to pay the £40,000 weekly wages.

http://www.football365.com/news/five-pl-players-disliked-by-their-own-fans

Something like that, yeah. 

• Like 4

I'm so glad Remi realizes how awful he is, another feather in his cap. Honestly, any other manager would have continued to play him based on his reputation and the miguided hope that he'd eventually produce something. Remi gave him the Wycombe away game as his last chance to prove himself, which he didn't take and capped off with one of the most boneheaded plays ever witnessed. Sub appearances from now on if he's lucky.

Needs at least a place on the bench. He has goals in him and we are struggling to score.

If our strikers can start scoring I'd like to see him tried with Traore on the wings. Being less of a focal point he can play his natural game and can see him scoring again.

Edited by Michael118

42 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Needs at least a place on the bench. He has goals in him and we are struggling to score.

If our strikers can start scoring I'd like to see him tried with Traore on the wings. Being less of a focal point he can play his natural game and can see him scoring again.

Logistically, how would a goal involving Sinclair in 2016 (that isn't a penalty) look like? I'm struggling to imagine.

Edited by Keyblade

57 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Logistically, how would a goal involving Sinclair in 2016 (that isn't a penalty) look like? I'm struggling to imagine.

The same way they looked last season and in pre season.

If our strikers can hit form Sinclair can go under the radar. With space in front of him to run into he is usually effective

This is more or less what I have in mind:

Edited by Michael118

I think it's a bit of both. I don't think he's the careless waster some make him out as, but at the same time he looks a shadow of the player who was at Swansea. Either way, he's not getting back into form any time soon or more relevantly soon enough to help us stay up, so I hope he doesn't get any more chances this season.

• Like 1

Since his form at Swansea he's become a multi-millionaire from his three years at City (and I doubt we're paying him below 40K) got together with Helen Flanagan and had a kid....what more does he need to do with his career. He could easily retire tomorrow, might aswell as no one would miss him.

That's the thing, when he was at Swansea he had it all to prove, Chelsea were loaning him out a million times and I doubt the wages he was getting then were enough for a major lifestyle so he had it all to prove.

Get rid of him in the summer, no chance of coming straight back up if he's going to be one of our key players down there which I very much doubt.

Â