• Bacuna
    • El Ahmadi
    • Luna
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Weimann
    • Kozak
    • Bowery (for Weimann 80)

I think if i had spent £300m assembling a squad and then it lost to that Villa team I would top myself. Villa winning was the only result that scuppered me winning £50 on my fixed odds coupon.

Good! You shouldn't bet against the Villa.

• Like 1

I was too exhausted after the game to post last night. 

- Credit to Lambert, I got the impression he really thought about how to set-up against them. Even though we created nothing in the first half we actually contained them very well. They had a 5 minute spell before half-time when they looked threatening and nicked a cheap goal but the formation worked well. 

- The wing-backs were very interesting to watch. It seemed to me they were under strict instructions not to get sucked in too often and I thought this was very smart because my concern at the start was that Kolarov and Zabaleta would be free all day to run riot with no defensive responsibilities. The wing-backs largely negated this. 

- That being said Man City played into our hands with the two out-and-out strikers. We had the three centre backs against them all day and although we needed the extra man they stopped Dzeko and Negredo very well. If they had Silva today I think he would have killed this formation with his movement between the lines. I thought their strikers weren't smart today and they just didn't have enough movement to hurt us. Both their goals were from corners remember. From open play Nasri looked occasionally threatening and Navas when he came on but largely they were pretty poor.

- I thought the effort from everyone was great. Special mentions have to go to Bacuna and Luna though. Their energy was the key to this formation and this win today. Great to see Sylla back in the side as well, he makes a fair few risky passes but I love his drive and energy. 

Great win.

I woke up this morning at 7am, saw that Chelsea and Tottenham had already drawn in the early kick off... Started to get a little nervous about our game which was all set to kick off and followed the start on my phone before hitting the road to San Francisco via Yosemite. Unfortunately I had no Internet access so had no way of checking the score, I last saw it once they had scored their second. I text my mate and asked what the damage was and he simply replied, Villa 3 City 2. (He also informed me that WBA beat United which I had to laugh at - he's a united fan) I shouted louder than I ever had before over a result and I have no idea why.

**** beautiful.

Edited by Tayls

Man City fans think they are somehow football royalty coz they won the lottery after being a joke club for so long.

They are the Beverley Hillbillies of the Premier League.

in some respects it isn't that special to have beaten man citeh , the real man citeh that is. The no mark never have been club that are a joke in their more successful city counterparts, in many respects they are the small heath alliance of the north west. This isn't the real man citeh though, that club has gone for a while hopefully to return someday

Anybody watching Match Choice on Sky Sports? Is this Trevor Francis on the commentary? If it is he's such a F*****g C**k!!

The missus was watching it last night and said "Why does that man want us to lose" and she has no idea who he is!

Made me laugh when he said something like "When El Ahmadi gets on the ball he is offside" - does he not realise it is when the ball is played, not when he gets on the ball?

Man City fans think they are somehow football royalty coz they won the lottery after being a joke club for so long.

They are the Beverley Hillbillies of the Premier League.

in some respects it isn't that special to have beaten man citeh , the real man citeh that is. The no mark never have been club that are a joke in their more successful city counterparts, in many respects they are the small heath alliance of the north west. This isn't the real man citeh though, that club has gone for a while hopefully to return someday

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. I have a mate in Mancland who is a lifelong Citeh fan and when I text him about the win, he responded "well at least Utd lost at home". Like SHA, they will always be in their bigger neighbour's shadow.

Wow. Great performance, midfield in the second half showed great composure to hold onto the ball and relieve the pressure off the defense. Bacuna can take a decent corner and free kick, how much we he? Sylla looks like he could grow into a very good player for us.......how much was he? Kosak won nearly every header, he's a real good outlet for the long balls, it was when Andreas started running behind him for the knock ons Man city looked vunerable.

Nasri had Bacuna isolated for the first 30 minutes it looked like they would score from our right, h then started to cut in rather than go down the outside and that cost them imo, why he did it heavenly only knows. Toure is a beast of a player he reminds me of patrick Vieira.

The second half we just wanted to win it more than city, their players just went through the motions scored then just stood of the gas, if we can keep this belief in the team the heart they displayed was tremendous. The end of the game was unbelievable, like we had won the league lol, walking home was like a carnival, makes all the heart ache worth while, I love football ........for at least a week anyway. UTV

Edited by tinker

Anybody watching Match Choice on Sky Sports? Is this Trevor Francis on the commentary? If it is he's such a F*****g C**k!!

The missus was watching it last night and said "Why does that man want us to lose" and she has no idea who he is!

Made me laugh when he said something like "When El Ahmadi gets on the ball he is offside" - does he not realise it is when the ball is played, not when he gets on the ball?

Sky must just be on a p-take having Francis commentating so often on Villa games, apart from the snide digs throughout his commentary we have to listen to his boring state the bleedin obviously monotone voice. TBH when he is on I turn the volume right down as I can't stand his voice.

The off side rule seems to change far to often so if I'm wrong with this please bear with me but I from what I understand is that for a player to be called for offside it's the part of the body that he uses (in this case KEA left foot) that has to be in front of less than 2 opposition players when the ball is played forward. Francis and the other commentator both said KEA was offside but if you watch the goal from the side view his left side was all level or behind the last defender and keeper so the linesman was correct.

Still who really cares we won and Francis, I'd still walk that mile and a bit to shove your face in some s***.

The off side rule seems to change far to often so if I'm wrong with this please bear with me but I from what I understand is that for a player to be called for offside it's the part of the body that he uses (in this case KEA left foot) that has to be in front of less than 2 opposition players when the ball is played

It's the players head, body or feet that is counted. Whether the individual parts touch the ball doesn't matter.

It was offside, and I'd be furious if I were a City fan. But after all of the shit decisions given against us this season, including some ridiculous penalty decisions, I think it's about time some of the luck came our way.

• Like 2

What a feeling. Such a great team performance second half. I voted Kozak MOTM, worked tirelessly with little to feed on and was brilliant at running the clock down near the end with his hold up play.

9 points from the fixtures we have had so far is such a good return, need to capitalise by beating Hull (who don't look like mugs) next week.

Also just want to say Yaya Toure is an amazing player, can't see him staying at City if they bomb out of the CL again this year.

Â