• Bacuna
    • El Ahmadi
    • Luna
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Weimann
    • Kozak
    • Bowery (for Weimann 80)

most city fans ive seen commenting on the game seem to think that they absolutely battered us and then we scored 1 offside goal and benefitted from 2 mistakes, I thought they were very poor too, missed silva, negredo and dzeko didn't look a good partnership and their wing play was awful considering those 2 were up front

also found one moaning about his seat -

ik3y.jpg

looks like he's on the back row but ive sat back row in the DE before and never seen anything like that

Was anyone following our game on SkySports News at all? If so I'd love to know how it went when we clawed back from 1-2 down to win it!

Any links to it?

I had it on in the backgrouns, but I was rather busy dancing around the living room to listen to what they were saying.

• Like 1

I was watching on Sky Sports. Le Tissier covered our game. He was enjoying the upset. He's excitable at the best of times. He didn't patronise us either to be fair to him.

• Like 1

most city fans ive seen commenting on the game seem to think that they absolutely battered us and then we scored 1 offside goal and benefitted from 2 mistakes, I thought they were very poor too, missed silva, negredo and dzeko didn't look a good partnership and their wing play was awful considering those 2 were up front

ik3y.jpg

looks like he's on the back row but ive sat back row in the DE before and never seen anything like that

That's pretty shocking. Ought to get his money back if he was charged full price for that seat.

There are more posts like that in the home bit of the Witton Lane. I noticed an oddball sitting behind one such post during a game despite there being dozens of empty seats.

Edited by coda

ik3y.jpg

Maybe he's sitting behind Isembard Kingdom Brunel?

• Like 2

ik3y.jpg

At least he didn't have to see our 3 goals!

Did everyone see the North Stand Villa Fans doing the Poznan after Bacuna's goal yesterday :) Quality!!

Also check Neil Moxley article on Daily Fail!! Erm we beat Norwich without Benteke for 90% of the match, the moron!! Here is the headline

"We're not a one-man team, roars Lambert as VILLA WIN FIRST GAME WITHOUT BENTEKE"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2438133/Paul-Lambert-hails-Aston-Villa-come-beat-Manchester-City.html

Woke up on Saturday and went 'Ohhh no... Got to go to Villa Park... can I be arsed?' I even texted my mate to see if he wanted to miss a nailed on battering too. No such luck, 'what time you coming round?' he replied... FFS.

Anyway, got to the ground and watched the first half pan out pretty much as expected, dismal Villa (it was) and just a question of when City would score and then how many.

Half time at a goal down was mild relief - and I would have taken that at full time normally.

2nd Half we were better, though I am under no illusion that things did seem to fall into place for us. From the Holte, I thought our first goal was offside, but having seen that the trailing half of his body, including one of his testicles was onside, then I am sorry Chris Kamara and Ben Shepherd, you're f**king wrong. He is surely onside? Isn't this the text book case where attacking players are given the benefit of the doubt? Furthermore, I am obviously no expert in the offside rule, but if thw whole of the ball needs to cross the line for it to be a goal, a throw in, a corner or a goal kick, then surely the WHOLE of the player must be offside for it to be offside? That's what I like to think anyway. If they are giving the benefit of the doubt to the attacker, then surely that's how it is????

I feared the worst when we conceded softly from a corner with bus-stop defending. 1-2 then and deflated oh so easily.

Amazing free kick from Bacuna - pure delight. He probably deserved his man of the match (that's who I voted in this thread) after nearly being bullied in the first half as a result of the pressure he was trying to soak up on the right. I thought some of his touches were heavy and misplaced at times, but the fact remains, he got an assist and scored a great free kick. So good on you Mr Bacon.

Then calamity - not for us, but for City. Holte End jubilation for once as Weiman toe-poked beyond a hapless defender and headless chicken goalkeeping rush out. ROAR!

Coming away from the ground, feeling of relief and for once, almost sexual arousal. We got away with it on Saturday. Still much work to do.

Best bit other than taking a 3-2 lead, was seeing how much it meant to the players at the end. It shouldn't feel like a cup final when we play City, but where we are right now, a result like that is just about what it feels like to win a cup. Shows just how far we still have to climb back up the ladder.

Well done boys - keep working hard and you might be able to beat the mighty Hull this weekend.

Edited by Raver50032
  • Like 1

most city fans ive seen commenting on the game seem to think that they absolutely battered us and then we scored 1 offside goal and benefitted from 2 mistakes

Both their goals were from set pieces, if they "battered" us then they should have been able to score from open play. They were the better side in the first half but in the second half they didn't create alot. 

but having seen that the trailing half of his body, including one of his testicles was onside, then I am sorry Chris Kamara and Ben Shepherd, you're f**king wrong. He is surely onside? Isn't this the text book case where attacking players are given the benefit of the doubt? Furthermore, I am obviously no expert in the offside rule, but if thw whole of the ball needs to cross the line for it to be a goal, a throw in, a corner or a goal kick, then surely the WHOLE of the player must be offside for it to be offside? That's what I like to think anyway. If they are giving the benefit of the doubt to the attacker, then surely that's how it is????

You are offside if a part of your body that you can score with is offside. In KEA's case his leg & foot. For example if your arm is offside then you are not offside (because you can't legally score with your arm). So no, it's not the same as the rule where the whole ball must be over the line.

I Loved Luna's reaction when congratulating Weimann for the winner , very much a F**KING GET IN MOMENT lol

Yeah Luna went loony. Revving the crowd up too. He's clearly enjoying it here.

If a team with Citehs quality 'battered' us we would not be able to cope.  They took us for granted and paid for the complacency!

Edited by Nigel

but having seen that the trailing half of his body, including one of his testicles was onside, then I am sorry Chris Kamara and Ben Shepherd, you're f**king wrong. He is surely onside? Isn't this the text book case where attacking players are given the benefit of the doubt? Furthermore, I am obviously no expert in the offside rule, but if thw whole of the ball needs to cross the line for it to be a goal, a throw in, a corner or a goal kick, then surely the WHOLE of the player must be offside for it to be offside? That's what I like to think anyway. If they are giving the benefit of the doubt to the attacker, then surely that's how it is????

You are offside if a part of your body that you can score with is offside. In KEA's case his leg & foot. For example if your arm is offside then you are not offside (because you can't legally score with your arm). So no, it's not the same as the rule where the whole ball must be over the line.

Fair enough BOF - he was offside then. Like he would have been had he been running backwards and his arse was offside... ;-)

Sorry, that wasn't a dig at you, more of an observation. It's clear to me now you have explained it and further adds to the 'luck' factor we enjoyed on the day.

Cheers :-)

Â