• Bacuna
    • El Ahmadi
    • Luna
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Weimann
    • Kozak
    • Bowery (for Weimann 80)

Attendance was poor yesterday, only 34k. Cone on people let's gets down there to back the lads!

I guess losing 4-0 in the week didn't help, so the floating supporters assumed we were going to get beat easily so didn't bother going.

Attendance was poor yesterday, only 34k. Cone on people let's gets down there to back the lads!

I guess losing 4-0 in the week didn't help, so the floating supporters assumed we were going to get beat easily so didn't bother going.

Citeh don't have as many gloryhunters (yet) as the 'big' teams which always adds to the gate.

Citeh don't have as many gloryhunters (yet) as the 'big' teams which always adds to the gate.

How many City fans were there yesterday?

How many City fans were there yesterday?

In the home end like Liverpool and Manyoo? I don't know, do you?

Well that was an awesome win, and I'll take a win however it comes.

We were totally shit until that freekick zoomed in; penned into our own half for long periods, Hart had nothing to do til our first shot on target went in on 50.

Still in shock that we managed to turn another poor performance into three points. But I'll take that for the next 32 league games please :)

And have we found someone who can actually take a decent free kick at long last???

• Like 1

Is it me or the lower the crowd, the better the atmosphere at Villa Park? Only 34,000 in but made a great noise on the telly. Even Motty was impressed, bless him. Newcastle was dead, and there was over 3,000 more in that game. Got the luck yesterday but we deserved a big win at home. Bring on Hull.

Was saying the exact same thing last night.

34/35k crowds mean you just have the 'hardcore' there, lot less moaners. I even heard the north lower loud and clear from my seat at the back of the upper holte yesterday, and not just when we were winning either.

I didn't think we played terrible we did the best we could do in the light of a team, man for man outclassing us in technical ability.

In theory they should have dumped us on our arse.....but like at the Emirates we found a way through Heart and desire and a bit of tactical nous from the manager to make a bit of a game of it.

We were a bit unlucky for their first goal but somebody should have picked up Toure... the second someone on the line from the corner could have got something on it, but hey that's nit picking.

our first, its about time we had a bit of luck and the free kick was pure class and defy's the arguments of lacking in class( although swallows & summers)....Solanoesque.The third goal illustrates the awareness of Guzan and the chasing of lost causes by Weinmann.

What that win has gone to prove is :

We can over come our shortfall in technical ability, we have got the belief to come back from adversity, we do have the tactical nous at the club to defy the bigger teams.

We also need to be aware that we can't keep relying on all those things and we do need to improve when the circumstances are right and not sit back on our laurels like we did with HDE.

but as the old saying goes if you think you can ,you can.....if you think you can't, you can't

after all that .....GREAT WIN

Edited by TRO

I would like to thank someone in the Trinty for getting us going mid second half, we can't keep relying on the Holte to do all the singing for us.

It was clear the lads needed a lift and some passionate soul in B block turned around and imitated a band leader....fair play that man.

The Trinity is a bit "reserved" and needs to contribute, but you can look a bit of a pudding singing on your own.

In the first half the crowd was quietish, mainly due I suspect to their superior possession, but when we came out with a bit of tempo and tenacity, it got the crowd going.

I didn't think we were so poor 1st half. We set out to stifle man city and nearly went in 0-0 at half time.

The equalizer was a sublime goal - and that free kick from Bacuna .....where did that come from ?

I voted Kozak MOTM although he didn't carry much goal threat - he fought for for every ball for the whole 90 minutes.

Baker also had a good game.

Weiman had a stinker - but I can forgive him for tucking that goal.

Yes we had a little luck - but when you get the luck - you have to push your advantage home -

Great day - loved singing in street after the game !

sorry, I said something similar in my recent post as you said in your first line, but read yours after I posted mine.....I do agree with you.

• Like 1

The off side rule seems to change far to often so if I'm wrong with this please bear with me but I from what I understand is that for a player to be called for offside it's the part of the body that he uses (in this case KEA left foot) that has to be in front of less than 2 opposition players when the ball is played

It's the players head, body or feet that is counted. Whether the individual parts touch the ball doesn't matter.

It was offside, and I'd be furious if I were a City fan. But after all of the shit decisions given against us this season, including some ridiculous penalty decisions, I think it's about time some of the luck came our way.

Helenius must have been offside when Vertonghen ripped his skidders down, judging by some of the pics anyway.

Not a small lad in more ways than one!

• Like 1

Yea dissapointing crowd yesterday, as was the spurs midweek game but we have been that bad at home for years it does put people off I imagine especially when we all thought we were gonna get hammered,city's support was shit as it always is now, second half the crowd really got going and its great to be at villa park when its like that, as for the game well I'm still smiling, thought bacuna was shocking up until his goal but what a goal that was, bring on spurs

Anyone seen the city bench when we got the 3rd ? They all look thoroughly gutted apart from lescott ( villa fan) who has a huge smile on his face !! UTV

He always looks happy enough when he scores against us.

Â