• Bacuna
    • El Ahmadi
    • Luna
    • Delph
    • Sylla
    • Weimann
    • Kozak
    • Bowery (for Weimann 80)

Just home and feeling great! Thought we would be hammered after the Spurs game, but SOMEHOW we pulled it off!

When I saw our 5-3-2 formation, it brought back terrible memories of January but clearly Luna and Bacuna were much suited to the system than Lowton and Bennett and it worked.

Was very impressed by both but three hours later still don't quite understand how we won!

Just shows how spirit can occasionally win against the odds.

Those who think we had a crap first half - we nearly went in all square against a side who destroyed Man U in the First Half last week.  Yes they got through us several times but that is THEM - they are a top side .  we defended doggedly (except form short corners) and tried to go forward as a unit - Guzan actually had very little to do, and containing a side is a valid part of the performance.

Would you prefer we had played some open exciting stuff and gone in 3-0 down ?

Actually I thought we did well to come through that half only one down, and that gave us the platform to stay in with a chance in the Second half, when we showed the same qualities but were then hugely bouyed by the goal and the great support  - which follwed it, shame that, we used to get behind them no matter what - terrific.

How many teams will beat Arsenal and Man City this season ?  Very very few.

Bacuna outstanding, as was KEA and Delph.

Don't think this has been mentioned, but where the **** did 5 mins added time come from?

Agree - scandalous.

Don't think this has been mentioned, but where the **** did 5 mins added time come from?

In fairness Kozak went down when the clock was at 88:30 and play didn't restart until just after 90 so that was 90 seconds.

I'm guessing if it hadn't have been for that they'd have added on 3/4 minutes which is pretty standard. There were 4 goals in the second half so if each celebration lasted 30 seconds that's 2 mins there. Add in subs, general stoppages and the Kozak injury mentioned above and I feel 5 was fair.

• Like 1

In fairness Kozak went down when the clock was at 88:30 and play didn't restart until just after 90 so that was 90 seconds.

I'm guessing if it hadn't have been for that they'd have added on 3/4 minutes which is pretty standard. There were 4 goals in the second half so if each celebration lasted 30 seconds that's 2 mins there. Add in subs, general stoppages and the Kozak injury mentioned above and I feel 5 was fair.

I doubt you'd of said that if they'd of equalised!

• Like 1

Well, considering we're a 'one-man' team, I think we did pretty alright.

Frighteningly one-sided first half, but second half a team who cost a fraction of their illustrious opponents showed what a little belief, endeavour and heart can achieve.

And we have a proper diamond in Bacuna, if he can deliver like that.

I said to my lads at 30 mins we were growing into the game as Kompany aprt I thought their defence looked suspect.Typically we concede just before half time which could've rocked our confidence but credit to each and every one of them for the second half performance.

Yes we rode our luck, Nasri was causing us problems but he should've been booked for arguing with the ref at the end of the first half so I think he was subbed before he got a second yellow. Toure was also getting agitated which was a result of getting in their faces second half. 

I gave Delph MOTM but it could've gone to any number of them.

It's my birthday tomorrow so the weekend has started with a bang!

I'd like to think there's a small part of James Milner that misses being an integral part of upsets like the one today rather than a bit-part in a bigger pond :-) It'll only be a small part, granted.

I wouldn't think so really!

I doubt you'd of said that if they'd of equalised!

Hahaha no, 'where the hell did that 5 mins come from?!' 'Refs bumming the top teams again!'

But seriously, we had a bit of luck with the offside goal from what I hear, and we deserved our luck. I say this because we were denied a clear penalty to make it 1-1 v Spurs on Tues. Also, last season away at City I seem to remember the officials gifting them 2 goals through shoddy decisions.

Â