FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

btw I dont see the problem with a winter world cup if organised properly. winters are dark, freezing cold and better to watch a game on the television.

think call off domestic games from january 3rd - mid-february wouldnt be that bad with a season creeping into june when weather is good. if people complain about FA Cup tradition that didnt stop FA in 2000 from damaging that

Australia would do it in a heart beat. Sure your viewing times might suck but it would be in our winter which would be ideal weather for football.

Our viewing times would be rubbish here, sure, but Australia was always the standout candidate by miles. The Aussies are entitled to and should get their claws into FIFA as much as they can.

Pretty much the same viewing times as Korea/Japan I should think, everyone seemed to cope! Australia would do a great job, but i imagine their political clout with FIFA is pretty negligible.

I had read at the time of the bid that Qatar had promised to build stadiums then pack them down after and distribute them to the different confederations.

The thought of a free stadium would swing a few votes amongst some of the developing confederations I would have thought.

I had read at the time of the bid that Qatar had promised to build stadiums then pack them down after and distribute them to the different confederations.

The thought of a free stadium would swing a few votes amongst some of the developing confederations I would have thought.

Especially when carefully wrapped in cash.

• Like 1

Time for a breakaway from Fifa.

this gets mentioned a lot but it wont happen. who will break with you? the South Americans wont, either will Germans or French and maybe Spanish as they have a bit of power. no chance with Asia or Africa either

this gets mentioned a lot but it wont happen. who will break with you? the South Americans wont, either will Germans or French and maybe Spanish as they have a bit of power. no chance with Asia or Africa either

Just us then. We can call it the World Series like they do in America.

• Like 4

Slightly OT but don't they call it the World Series because it's sponsored by the World Newspaper or something?

btw I dont see the problem with a winter world cup if organised properly. winters are dark, freezing cold and better to watch a game on the television.

think call off domestic games from january 3rd - mid-february wouldnt be that bad with a season creeping into june when weather is good. if people complain about FA Cup tradition that didnt stop FA in 2000 from damaging that

That works if FIFA are willing to move it to 2023. The major obstacle, from a business perspective, is the Winter Olympics. Given the choice between the IOC/Winter Olympics and FIFA/World Cup, a lot of sponsors and broadcasters will choose the former (far more hours of programming, more exposure). It means billions less for FIFA. Schedule it for January/February 2023 and that's not an issue.

Especially when carefully wrapped in cash.

(If true) this is just a bribe isn't it. They cannot hand over cash to other confederations in return for a vote so they build them a stadium for free.

That works if FIFA are willing to move it to 2023. The major obstacle, from a business perspective, is the Winter Olympics. Given the choice between the IOC/Winter Olympics and FIFA/World Cup, a lot of sponsors and broadcasters will choose the former (far more hours of programming, more exposure). It means billions less for FIFA. Schedule it for January/February 2023 and that's not an issue.

if was summer olympics I think be a problem but im sure World Cup is more attractive in sponsorship than winter olympics

• Like 1

Slightly OT but don't they call it the World Series because it's sponsored by the World Newspaper or something?

Nah that's a myth.

Â