• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Agbonlahor
    • Clark (for Okore 30)
    • Kozak (for El Ahmadi 67)
    • Tonev (for Weimann 88)

Teams have seemingly wised up to the fact that our front three are potentially a threat, therefore teams ensure they stop our midfield providing for them - just what Newcastle did yesterday by suffocating our midfield.

Weimann needs to be rested and Tonev given a run out. Weimann has looked knackered since the first game. Also be good to see Sylla brought in.

To finish on a positive, the team can play good football, I.e Arsenal, Chelsea. The negative is we are rarely seeing it every game. I think its a case of having young players, but Lambert really needs to start, not slagging them off Di Canio style, but admitting to the fans they were not on it. Telling us they played out there skins when blatently they didn't, is McLeish like bullshit. Hope he kicks there arse behind closed doors.

I didn't say we were going down I wrote that we would be in another relegation battle Stefan, also I don't agree with one bad performance in 4 games. Did you watch the 1st half against Liverpool? and although we were better in the 2nd half it was hardly exciting stuff.

I honestly believe we are in trouble we have got lucky with Benteke but the rest are just average (I'm on about PL's signings minus Guzan) nothing special players who will have to be at their best every game, yesterday they were all off.

AVCam, Okore looks all over the place to me but he's quick, time will tell but he doesn't look ready to me, we settled a little with Clark in the team but then I don't rate him either.

King Cropley, opinions? Yes the Doc's quote was about Yorke he was wrong I fear will not be, unfortunately. TBH to get the best from him we need wingers but if that is PL's plan then we play far to narrow and besides that we had one of the best English forwards in DB who thrives off crosses so why replace him with a cheaper version.

Sorry if no one agrees with my thoughts, tough. I happen to think we have one of the poorest squads in years in terms of experience and ability. I agree with AVCam that it's about 50/50 good/bad so far however so far this season (and for the last few) we have not controlled any of our home games at any point and our away games are counter football.

Results don't lie, 1 win 3 straight losses, early doors but very worrying for all Villans. Even more for those with season tickets as they will be bored and frustrated with this team.

Our current transfer and wage policy are getting the club back on an even financial footing, but match winning midfielders cost more than we are presently willing to pay. Ben Arfa and Cabaye are examples of players who could make a winning difference but do not fit our current fiscal strategy.

RL/PF/PL may need to have a rethink.

• Like 1

Shit. Delph shit (you all must be relatives to keep making him MOTM), Westwood shit, rather have KEA playing in his role and bring in Sylla, Weimann has been shit in all games so far this season, even though he's had a goal and at least 1 assist, Lowton has been average at best this season. Vlaar was my main positive, looks much better this year.

Changes should have been made at half time in Westwood and Weimann for Tonev and Sylla, more strength in midfield and more pace and width up front. The change to bring Kozak on for KEA was completely baffling, and he found himself playing pretty much in midfield. Why don't our defenders get taught to challenge good attacking players, Ben Arfa constantly got to the edge of the box whereas Gabby would pick up the ball and find 1, 2, or 3 men challenging him.

Why play 3 passing midfielders against a shit team, why not use another attacker when we should be on the front foot? I'm not saying 424 but just a more forward thinking player.

Basically shit.

Positives:

Delph

Vlaar

Clark

Benteke goal

Negatives

Everything else.

Weimann had a poor game.

Luna was too slow on the turn.

Westwood & KEA were fairly anonymous.

Lowton also poor.

Very drab indeed.

Everything else covers everything you mentioned afterwards.

Stop our front 3 and you stop the whole side, teams are soon going to pick up on this.

Early season optimism all but gone.

Stop any teams front 3 and you pretty much kill the side lol.

Ummm no, not really.

Other teams have midfield players who are capable of exploiting the space made by the opposition giving too much attention to the forwards. We have little attacking ability outside of our front 3 which limits our ability to break a side down when the forwards are getting no luck.

Stop our front 3 and you stop the whole side, teams are soon going to pick up on this.

Ummm no, not really.

Other teams have midfield players who are capable of exploiting the space made by the opposition giving too much attention to the forwards. We have little attacking ability outside of our front 3 which limits our ability to break a side down when the forwards are getting no luck.

Errr?? Stop Chelseas strikers you have Lampard. Stop Man u's you have Fellini. Stop Arsenal you have Ramsey. All examples of top teams yeah, but blows that theory out the sky

Yes Ramsey has only really come into his own this season. A player I have always liked but he never converted the chances he had. Better player than Wilshere imo. I hope Delph can do this for us! We need him playing as an attacking midfielder like Ramsey. Let Westwood and and sylla or whoever do the defensive duties.

I said it before the game .. We usually play against our opposition in the worst time !!!

Newcastle didn't play as they did away from home .. last time was at the VP too !

Lambert needs to do changes quickly .. 

Anyway there one some positives of this game ..

If Newcastle kicked the ball as they did .. They might get the Top 6 or 7 spot .. Everton seem to be one of the 8 though it's still early days ..

If that's the case .. Then we've played 4 out of the top 8 .. (tbh there is no player as good as Ben Arfa in the bottom half) !

I don't rate Weimann a lot tbh .. He seem useless a lot of the time .. I'd like Lambert to be brave and throw Tonev instead of him ! << When I saw Ben Arfa I started thinking of Lesitinne but nothing could change now ..

Anyway ..

I think Delph started to be creative .. He did some lovely passes as the one for Luna .. But I don't know how Luna did that !!!

We played some good football when Weimann didn't pass it to Gabby ..

Still good signs which could improve !

Next game against Norwich , They have Redmond and Snodgrass on the wings ! Snodgrass played with Bennett very good last year .. We really need to score ahead of them at the Carrew road !

Ummm no, not really.

Errr?? Stop Chelseas strikers you have Lampard. Stop Man u's you have Fellini. Stop Arsenal you have Ramsey. All examples of top teams yeah, but blows that theory out the sky

You've given 3 examples that support my argument, then state that this somehow disproves it?

It's not unreasonable to expect us to offer an attacking threat from midfield. The point is that our midfield 3 don't have a Premier League goal between them. We weren't able to offer anything from midfield yesterday and subsequently we weren't able to win the game due to our forwards being unable to get into the game sufficiently.

If you look at yesterday's opposition, they had Cabaye and Sissoko, players more than capable of making an impact in the final third.

Everything about yesterdays game was evidence of why we should have gone for that elusive midfield spark, instead of another striker. Saying that, if Gabby had scored the sitter and Lambert had made changes as early as half time, I think we might have got something from it.

Minus points:  Ben Arfa being made to look extraordinarily talented. They took Okore out, we should have done the same to him but by fairer means, of course. 

Four strikers? Seem to remember trying that one before....and it did'nt work then?

Indecision. Lambert is known for mixing it up, but the changes came too late. Weimann was away with the fairies and should have gone, even if he did make the chance for Gabby.

Plus points: Erm, struggling here.

Ok, Benteke scored again....but I just wanted to say that.

Is anyone blaming that fat guy who was parading up and down the touchline shaking his belly? Someone complained to a steward and he was thrown out. So I'm guessing that he thought that he caused the crowd to lose their concentration and that affected the team, who wondered what we were cheering about etc...

Still though. sign him up

Â