• Westwood
    • Delph
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Agbonlahor
    • Clark (for Okore 30)
    • Kozak (for El Ahmadi 67)
    • Tonev (for Weimann 88)

It was poor - we looked like a team that had spent a fortnight with people telling them they were good, like we just had to turn up. Newcastle were tactically very good, telling us they'd stop us playing through them and forcing us over the top - in essence they asked us the question from elsewhere - are you the new Stoke? If we were we'd have won.

No width, no drive and no invention I'm afraid and we got at least what we deserved. A corner or set piece looked the only way we'd score and so it proved.

Guzan 7 - A few decent stops.

Lowton - 5 - Nothing particularly bad, but didn't seem to manage to do anything well.

Vlaar - 6 - Solid

Clark - 6

Luna - 6 - Got forward more in the second half, but seemed to suffer from the same fear of corner flags as the rest of our team - no one pushed into the corners

Delph - 7 - Our best player on the day - he at least tried to drive past people and showed a bit of aggression

Westwood - 5 - He can't win a midfield, he can play the ball around well once you have, but if you don't have the ball he can't be effective - our midfield were swamped from the off

El Ahmadi - 6 - a mix of the other two (with an occassionally faint heart)

Agbonlahor - 7 - The nearest we had to creativity was Gabby running at people.

Weimann - 6 - Hard work is great, hard work to no particular purpose not so much

Benteke - 5 - A Darren Bent special - half arsed with a goal - he needs a kick up the arse -he's got 5 goals already this season.

I hope Okore is okay - in games where he's not expected to be our playmaker he'll be needed a lot more than today. I felt a bit for the new boy, we brought on a second big striker and promptly gave up on the idea of crossing the ball or playing it into the area - the only player that seemed to want to try to find Benteke or Kozak was Guzan.

Not good enough, fair play to Newcastle for getting the plan right, the manager will need to give these a rocket or think about changing the shape. Three league defeats on the bounce, 16th in the table and facing up to a long hard season.

Agree in particular about the midfield.Can not understand KEA and Westwood in the same team.

Really poor considering they had an extra week to recover since the Liverpool game. Losing to the laughing stock that is Newcastle is embarrasing. Got the tactis completely wrong.

The only bright spark was Delph who is growing in confidence, though wish he would stop trying to tackle and Tonev but he came on too late. Everyone else was poor, did Kozak even touch the ball ?

442 at home please with some width to feed our strikers and please stop the long ball down the middle, it does not work!

Predictably poor home performance - for all his good points, Lambert seems O'Neill-esque in his inability to recognise when we are getting mullered and how to rectify matters ?

Ben Arfa spent most of the afternoon tearing Luna a new arsehole mainly because he had no cover from a woefully out of form Weimann. But instead of shoring up the middle and sending Delph out to put Ben Arfa to bed we continued to get ruined down their right - then having sent Kozak on in desperation, no change to bring some service on for him and Benteke ?

Mind bogglingly Sunday morning tactics......against a piss poor Newcastle team. It's not a knee jerk response - we are getting to be 'unlucky' every week.

• Like 1

Appalling.

The amount of times we gave the ball away in simple situations today was shocking. Lowton, Weimann and Westwood were dreadful and the rest weren't much better. Delph was our best player followed by Clark.

You know what its like first day back to work after holiday, lets give them benefit of the doubt. Well that's how im gonna view this game. Next game against Norwich I will be expecting much much better!

I don't buy that at all,somebody on ten pounds an hour can have a bad day after the holiday not people on 20 thousand a week.

Unusually for Lambert he dropped the ball today.

The moment Kozak came on we lost all shape. Gabby and an off form Weimann are no wingers!

Unusually??

He has some good qualities but a tactical genius he ain't.

Yes... unusually!

We were poor today. I didn't expect that level of performance

A lot of players had an off day, too many.

Ben Arfa showed what a class player he is. When he ran at our defence we were all over the place

Got to work on playing through teams like we briefly showed towards the end of the first half.

Worst performance I've seen in a while, hoofing the ball stinks of desperation. We're better than

We were poor today. I didn't expect that level of performance

A lot of players had an off day, too many.

Ben Arfa showed what a class player he is. When he ran at our defence we were all over the place

Sissoko bossed us most of the first half

Got to work on playing through teams like we briefly showed towards the end of the first half.

Worst performance I've seen in a while, hoofing the ball stinks of desperation. We're better than that

I wander if Lambert regrets not buying a creative midfielder? Still think we'll get 3pts away at Norwich.

Nice try at being positive...but just sweeps the problem under the mat.

Â