• Delph
    • Weimann
    • Benteke
    • Agbonlahor
    • Clark (for Okore 30)
    • Kozak (for El Ahmadi 67)
    • Tonev (for Weimann 88)

How exposed was Luna all game ?? Who actually played left mid ?? Nobody

For long periods in the game Gabby decided to run over to the right side, but Weimann stayed put too. So we had Gabby and Weimann on the right, and Benteke drifted over to the left.

We have the widest pitch in the league yet at home we play with no width, it baffles me.

Edited by samjp26

Home form is a major problem and has been for some seasons.

The business of controlling the game, needs to be addressed....surprised Sylla was again missing, particularly after showing good progress before his injury.

All teams have good days and bad days...the good teams seem to have a closer gap between good and bad.

I genuinely never thought we could be as bad as what we was today some of the passing was turgid.

Think this manager needs to do a Mourinho and drag players off in mid game and show all and sundry, that he won't put up with such poor standards of play.

I think this game just shows how far we still have to go. It's not so much the players that worry me it's Lambert. I hope I am wrong but I'm getting déjà vu of the MON era. Persisting with the same tactics, no Plan B and inexplicable substitutions often to late in the game. As I say I really hope I am wrong. Weimann is a good case in point, he looked shite all game having had poor start to the season and was subbed on 88 minutes? WTF was Tonev supposed to do in five minutes? Norwich is a big game now, dare I say must win. Overall very unhappy as I thought we would win...easily.

• Like 1

how did newcastle manage intice ben arfa to sign for them? hes far too good for them

im not liking this vlaar okore partnership, i think okore needs to be back up to vlaar, bring back baker

its our midfield thats preventing us from breaking into the top 10, that is so far away

how did newcastle manage intice ben arfa to sign for them? hes far too good for them

im not liking this vlaar okore partnership, i think okore needs to be back up to vlaar, bring back baker

its our midfield thats preventing us from breaking into the top 10, that is so far away

Its our midfield that is holding us back but we should drop Okore?

What has Okore done wrong may I ask?

As bad as I've seen Villa play, disgustingly bad.

Sloppy balls running out of play, foul throws, Gabbys miss... Lowton and Luna should have wore Newcastle shirts today.

Even our best moment turned sour when the large gentleman took his shirt off and walked the length of the doug ellis to the Newcatle fans... only for them to score. Summed our day up.

Very poor, feel we should have gone with a more attacking midfield line-up to force them back. We only really got into the game once they got nervous and sat back toward the end of the first half and the start of the second.

Special mention for the crowd today, on their backs from 5 mins in, bullshit bile whenever anyone was near the touchline,  booed them off at half time and full time...

...SHIT SUPPORT M'LORD SHIT SUPPORT.

Wow, I prefer reading here than posting. When I did post after the Liverpool match I got a couple of knowledgeable responses saying of course I was overreacting, too early to judge, blah, blah. Haven't read one positive comment about today's performance-are we still overreacting? Maybe they were still tired after 3 games in a week!

Well back down to earth big time!

Not one player deserves to wear our shirt on this performance, they were all worse than pub players.

Guzan, will this guy ever keep a clean sheet? No need to answer.

Lowton, by far his worse performance in fact he didn't even look like a footballer.

Vlaar, pfft Captain my arse!

Okore, sorry but this is a big step up for this guy, he is nowhere near ready yet.

Luna, more like Lunatic he was pathetic. Okay he didn't get much support but he was very poor.

KEA, same as last season he's just a very limited and average cheap squad filler.

Westwood, still don't get what anyone sees in this player.

Delph, did some things well in the 1st half but for some reason seemed to have a tantrum in the 2nd half and sat deep but just kept passing backwards while waving his arms. Will this guy ever play a game and not get booked? No need to answer.

Wiemann, I have no idea what his role is in the team and by the looks of it neither does he.

Gabby, Love the player but same as Wiemann. Oh and that miss was embarrassing, no chance of ever playing for England again if that's the standard he wishes to play at.

Benteke, He plays, he scores but at no point watching him do I get the impression that he wants to be at Villa.

Clark, Probably our best defender, god help us.

Kozak, this player has Bosko Balaban written all over him. To steal a quote from The Doc "if that player makes a professional footballer then my name is Mao Tse-tung" so bad was he debut that I never want to see his name on a team sheet again.

Tonev, what's the point at 88mins?

Maybe a bit OTT but even 13hrs after having slept on it I feel no better. For the 4th season in a row we will be down the bottom of the table fighting a relegation battle while playing horrible football at home, oh joy.

Well back down to earth big time!

Not one player deserves to wear our shirt on this performance, they were all worse than pub players.

Guzan, will this guy ever keep a clean sheet? No need to answer.

Lowton, by far his worse performance in fact he didn't even look like a footballer.

Vlaar, pfft Captain my arse!

Okore, sorry but this is a big step up for this guy, he is nowhere near ready yet.

Luna, more like Lunatic he was pathetic. Okay he didn't get much support but he was very poor.

KEA, same as last season he's just a very limited and average cheap squad filler.

Westwood, still don't get what anyone sees in this player.

Delph, did some things well in the 1st half but for some reason seemed to have a tantrum in the 2nd half and sat deep but just kept passing backwards while waving his arms. Will this guy ever play a game and not get booked? No need to answer.

Wiemann, I have no idea what his role is in the team and by the looks of it neither does he.

Gabby, Love the player but same as Wiemann. Oh and that miss was embarrassing, no chance of ever playing for England again if that's the standard he wishes to play at.

Benteke, He plays, he scores but at no point watching him do I get the impression that he wants to be at Villa.

Clark, Probably our best defender, god help us.

Kozak, this player has Bosko Balaban written all over him. To steal a quote from The Doc "if that player makes a professional footballer then my name is Mao Tse-tung" so bad was he debut that I never want to see his name on a team sheet again.

Tonev, what's the point at 88mins?

Maybe a bit OTT but even 13hrs after having slept on it I feel no better. For the 4th season in a row we will be down the bottom of the table fighting a relegation battle while playing horrible football at home, oh joy.

The Doc quote was about Dwight Yorke, I believe ? I confidently predict you'll be equally as wrong about Kozak......

Sean0

Just a few things...

1. Guzan not keeping a clean sheet is more to do with how porous our defence is, rather than his ability...he saved another of Ben Arfa's bullet shots, only for Gouffran to he allowed in unchallenged to score.

2. Okore. He was on for maybe 20 minutes, at which point it was still 0-0 I believe. Did little wrong, in a team that were pretty dire...so not quite sure where your negative assessment comes from, better than Clark AND Baker if you ask me.

3. Delph has played many games without getting a booking, possibly one of our best performers all season.

4. Kodak. Joined the game when we look awful, we score from the confusion he caused with his height at the resultant corner. The game then continued in the same awful fashion as it had been all game, he didn't do much else, like pretty much anybody else...but no, let's never see him in a villa shirt again.

Look, I get it, yesterday was awful, it was my first game this year having not renewed my season ticket. I feel like I wasted £75 (wife had ticket too). Lets not over react though, today was made worse because our usual good performers (Lowton, Westwood, Benteke) didn't really have a good day. Newcastle were just as poor, they just put the ball in the net more than we did, hence why then won. They had 1 excellent performer an were against a defence that just seems to part 'Moses' style.

We are at a crossroads, 50% of our season has been us playing well, but 50% (Chelsea first half, Liverpool first half and today) have been poor, today being the worst of it...we need to make sure this doesn't become a season like last year, our brilliant start is now just what we would have expected, 3 points from 4 games.

Oh and KEA shouldn't be in the team, really don't rate him, Sylla all the way for me

SeanO, so we're going down then? Because according to you we don't have a single decent player.

'a bit OTT' is a massive understatement IMO.

look we're all disappointed because we were crap, but Jesus Christ. It's one bad performance in 4 games. Okore has looked great, Clark more solid, Benteke is scoring without playing well, Luna looked good before yesterday...

I was feeling really down about yesterday, and as people know I'm a pretty positive person.

But

Your post has snapped me out of it and put things in perspective massively.

Thanks for that! :)

The fact Delph is man of the match every week shows how cack we are.

Yep pretty much...

Although Delph is playing well, he wouldn't stand out like he does in a decent midfield. I think it's fair to say that we still possess one of the worst midfields in the league. This was evident last season and little has been done to strengthen the midfield over the summer.

Â