Libor Kozák

samjp26

can't wait to have Libor back, but at the current rate it looks to be a while before he even makes it to the bench...mark. it'll be interesting to see how he's coming along, but I wouldn't bet my mortgage on him being back anytime soon. he would probably need time adjusting to the team once in good shape too. I'm done...

I don't think we will see him do anything of note in a villa shirt again.

Hope I'm wrong, but I think the injury is worse than anyone thought or the club is letting on.

That would be really gutting......but pretty typical for us.

he'll be our stand out striker when we are playing in the wheelchair basketball championship next season

That's a disgraceful comment ;)

(ever written something and then wondered whether you might have taken black humour a little too far?)

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

£7m well spent.

He looked decent when fit to be fair, but for £7m couldn't we have got a striker with a slighter superior record?

Seven million doesn't buy you much, and in fact the club have never confirmed that that's what he cost. Either way, he looked like good value in the few games he played, so why quibble?

The Kozak story so far is terribly sad, and one that sums up the luck we've had lately. People say that all clubs have injuries, but to both their best strikers at the same time? With other important signings (Okore, Helenius) injured as well? And those four players representing 40% of the transfer spend over three years? Freakishly bad luck.

Do we even have an estimated return date for LK?

he'll be our stand out striker when we are playing in the wheelchair basketball championship next season

We should never have sold J-Bowz

Agreed! That boy can spin a wheelchair like a badman! Brap brap...

£7m well spent.

He looked decent when fit to be fair, but for £7m couldn't we have got a striker with a slighter superior record?

It was £4.5m and he was looking every inch a bargain until he got injured.

Add to the fact that in today's market, you certainly can't get a player with a superior record for that money, and taking into account he is probably on about 20k it was cracking business as far as I am concerned.

It is just bad luck.

• 2 weeks later...

He was out 8 months and the doctors have to do surgery again on his leg to put a pin in it. He is without a doubt out until the new year at minimum. 

I doubt he'll be able to play with a pin in his leg, so it could be longer.

Thing is, he's a tall lad with long legs, so it's a lot to expect his injury to heal without being pinned. Maybe they should have done that in the first place.

Edited by turnbull

Â