Libor Kozák

samjp26

Kozak's reputation seems to have improved with him being injured probably because of how poor Weimann and Gabby are.

In my opinion his overall game looked pretty average but he looked capable of scoring the odd goal.

Be nice to see him get some game time when he returns.

Four goals in fourteen appearances? Nothing stellar but he hasn't really played all that many games for us and thanks to Clark he didn't get a good run of games together. I like him and I think he is certainly more of a threat than Gabby and Andi who I don't rate at all and wouldn't be sad to see the back of.

Much more of a goal scoring threat than our current players but I think his overall game is pretty average.

I disagree. He is great a being a nuisance, annoying defenders. He is a big man up front, not afraid to put his head in where it counts. Put the ball in the box and he'll be on the end of it or hustling other defenders out the way to create space. There's not much else I want from him right now. However he is also young enough a passionate enough to improve and learn more about this league.

Can't wait for him to be back.

Much more of a goal scoring threat than our current players but I think his overall game is pretty average.

I disagree. He is great a being a nuisance, annoying defenders. He is a big man up front, not afraid to put his head in where it counts. Put the ball in the box and he'll be on the end of it or hustling other defenders out the way to create space. There's not much else I want from him right now. However he is also young enough a passionate enough to improve and learn more about this league.

Can't wait for him to be back.

I'm not sure we disagree that much. I agree with what you say, which makes him more of a threat than other options at the moment. But in terms of his overall game, his touch is average, he's quite slow and he's not great at winning headers when not attacking them.

He looks a decent goal scorer who may not cause endless problems or always play that well.

Gabby1.gif

A very simple but effective goal.

Is that Kozak showing some pace following Gabby's run? I'm pretty sure that's him, and it surprised me.

Yeah I think so, that was our first attack. Kozak scored in that game too.

EDIT -

In fact, here it is :)

Kozak1.gif

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 2

Gabby1.gif

Is that Kozak showing some pace following Gabby's run? I'm pretty sure that's him, and it surprised me.

EDIT -

Kozak1.gif

Yeah that was our second attack of the game and then on our third and final attack we did this.

Delph3.gif

Take the points and run  :D

• Like 3

Isn't a broken leg supposed to be "cleaner" than an Achilles injury?

but "a broken leg" is a very broad description of an injury.

A simple clean fracture is easy to come back from. But a broken leg can be much more complicated.

Kozak's was a compound fracture IIRC, so much more complicated than a normal break.

Edited by Stevo985

A simple clean fracture is easy to come back from. But a broken leg can be much more complicated.

Kodak's was a compound fracture IIRC, so much more complicated than a normal break.

I can picture it now.

Kodak's was a compound fracture IIRC, so much more complicated than a normal break.

Bloody Barry Chuckle  :(

Gabby1.gif

EDIT -

Kozak1.gif

I love seeing him run into the crowd there. 

Haha he does it every goal he scores, bloody nutter eastern europeans.

When is he due back?

We could really use his physical presence up front in the next 5 games. He can hold up the ball and bring our other players into it, he also has pace which will be key if we are to get much from the next games. 

When is he due back?

We could really use his physical presence up front in the next 5 games. He can hold up the ball and bring our other players into it, he also has pace which will be key if we are to get much from the next games. 

Benteke will be back first. Wouldn't expect to see Kozak back until late November.

Â