Libor Kozák

samjp26

Ah I knew there may have been one we've had it, I've just been trawling through past fixtures to see when it was.

Not the best outcome then  :mellow:  I'll clutch on to straws and hope the increased time they've had training together since then may produce a more fluid trio if we see it again haha.

Ah I knew there may have been one we've had it, I've just been trawling through past fixtures to see when it was.

Not the best outcome then  :mellow:  I'll clutch on to straws and hope the increased time they've had training together since then may produce a more fluid trio if we see it again haha.

That was their first outing together, no? And against a red-hot Spurs at the time.

There is enough improvement in Tonev, Kozak and arguably Albrighton to suggest you have more to cluch than just straws ;-)

Getting a few more looks on motd he was probably lucky to score tbh but a goal is a goal and you won't see me complaining, still think he warrants a place in the team more than benteke at the moment he still didn't look right when he came on.

Lucky?? How do you figure that out? 

Remember he hit the bar last match as well. His finishing seems very efficient. Honestly he has gotten maybe half a dozen quality chances this season and has finished nearly all of them. Imagine if he was getting proper service all throughout the match? Surely he'd be scoring each match. We desperately need an attacking mid to make this thought a reality. 

Personally thinks he's a bit underrated. Can't create chances out of nothing like Benteke, but a good finisher and holds the ball up better than many of us give him credit for.

I would play him ahead of Benteke right now tbh.

Edited by legov
  • Like 1

To be fair to the guy he's shown he can get into positions and finish them off. I'm concerned about what he offers if he doesn't score. He's overall performances have been pretty poor but if he keeps scoring then you can't complain.

Him scoring and starting games can only be a good thing in terms of competition in the squad.

• Like 1

It was a big ask for him last night to hold the ball up for us in the way an on form Benteke does.

I don't think he is suited to that right now, hopefully it is something he can develop.

The guy knows how to score goals though, if he keeps improving could be a great player.

holds the ball up better than many of us give him credit for.

I would play him ahead of Benteke right now tbh.

Don't agree at all about him holding the ball up. He was really poor at it v Southampton, it was frustrating to watch (although the midfielders giving the ball away was just as frustrating).

He does to a nice little flick-on though, and is a good finisher. He has to be ahead of Benteke now, but what a player to have on the bench.

Getting a few more looks on motd he was probably lucky to score tbh but a goal is a goal and you won't see me complaining, still think he warrants a place in the team more than benteke at the moment he still didn't look right when he came on.

Just my opinion but i think most of the half decent goalkeepers in the league save that, seemed to be straight at him more or less but as i said a goal is a goal.

Just my opinion but i think most of the half decent goalkeepers in the league save that, seemed to be straight at him more or less but as i said a goal is a goal.

It was the power of the header from such close range so not so sure. He's proved a very useful signing and if you get crosses into the box he will score goals. 

Can't argue with his goalscoring really, seems to convert the majority of chances.

I'd say he needs to get a bit nastier in trying to get hold of the ball. He sometimes looks hesitant as the ball is coming towards him, and defenders will just hammer him out the way. He can improve on this because he's a big unit and has come from Italy where he'll have had a lot of this, and retention amongst the forwards is even more important over there.

He's put in some very good performances, and weak ones, but I just like how awkward he is for defenders, his ability to lose defenders as the ball is centred is a lovely thing to have.

Anyone have a gif of Kozak's goal celebration with the away fans? That was fantastic.

His goal celebrations are fantastic - I m still not totally convinced TBH - but his work ethic - and a few goals in limited appearances make him a useful option....

• Like 1

Â