Libor Kozák

samjp26

I like this lad. comparing him to benteke is unfair, totally different players. I like the fact as others have stated that we play a bit differently without Benteke as we can get a bit one dimensional if we are being outplayed with benteke. there is a tendancy to look for benteke too often at times which isnt always the right option.

Edited by KHV
  • Like 1

He did his job today and he did it very well. He will never have the technique and the footwork of Benteke but his aerial ability is something that can be a really good assest for us and can be a good option for us if Benteke is subdued. 

Benteke's absence means other teams will have to have a rethink when it comes to coping with our forward line. This lad is a whole different kettle of metal for them to deal with and they know hardly anything about him.

Glad he played well enough today and hopefully proof that another striker was needed at the end of the window. I know many thought a midfielder was the priority but Benteke was always going to miss matches and someone was needed to carry the burden and lead the line. He'll do just fine this season.

I agree with you HH. The only question I have is that why did he bring in Helenius and not a midfielder? He is not the same player as Benteke or Kozak, but still. I guess it could be down to timing, Helenius was available early and other teams were interested in him aswell. Lambert wanted to make sure he got someone good enough to cover for Benteke or his replacement and acquired him. Then Benteke decided to stay and Kozak became available later.

Glad he played well enough today and hopefully proof that another striker was needed at the end of the window. I know many thought a midfielder was the priority but Benteke was always going to miss matches and someone was needed to carry the burden and lead the line. He'll do just fine this season.

I agree with you HH. The only question I have is that why did he bring in Helenius and not a midfielder? He is not the same player as Benteke or Kozak, but still. I guess it could be down to timing, Helenius was available early and other teams were interested in him aswell. Lambert wanted to make sure he got someone good enough to cover for Benteke or his replacement and acquired him. Then Benteke decided to stay and Kozak became available later.

This is purely guesswork on my part but my interpretation of what happened is firstly Helenius was bought for pennies on the back of a couple of high scoring seasons in the Danish league. The money spent would not have bought in a midfielder who would have hit the ground running at this level. Helenius is one for the future & if it works out, we will have got an absolute bargain.

Kozac has said in an interview that he spoke with PL a couple of months before he signed. I think we needed to be sure that Bent was gone before committing to this deal.

I didn't think he touched it, neither could the linesman otherwise AW might have been pulled back for offside.

I still don't think much of him but he did work very hard with the limited ball's up to him and whether or not he go a knock on it was his movement that fooled the defenders for AW to score.

• Like 1

Â