Libor Kozák

samjp26

Tonev and Albrighton on the wings with Kozak up top could work, if Tonev can indeed cross the ball.

Like it did against Spurs?

Yes, exactly like it did against Spurs.

I'm not sure if this contains any sarcasm or not, but Tonev, Kozak and Albrighton did not work at all well together against Spurs. Kozak was far too isolated, and all of his knock ons went directly back to Spurs. Not only that, but neither Albrighton, nor Tonev were able to fashion any meaningful chances for Kozak in the penalty area. They needed to be narrower and running past Kozak in order to pick up his flick ons. I have more faith in a potential partnership of Gabby, Kozak and Weimann.

Yes they did, I'll give you it wasn't frequent enough but both of them are very short on match fitness. That ball tonev put into the box for kozak was sublime - if he can find his feet soonish we'll start seeing the best of his skills.

He lacks the skill and footwork Benteke has which means that the wingers (Gabby/Albrighton/Weimann/Tonev) will actually have to hug the touchlines and not play more centrally as they do when Benteke is playing.

• Like 1

yeah worked hard. had nothing to play off most of the game. did a good job of timewasting and winning free kicks late on as well. helped stop City building any momentum in added time.

He did that at Norwich aswell. I like that seeing how bad we frequently are at closing out games.

I get the feeling he'll be the sort that will score important goals for us rather than being a regular scorer.

Â