Libor Kozák

samjp26

'He'll take that burden off Christian and he'll add greatly to what we've got, with the likes of Nicklas Helenius, who's a different type of player, Gabby Agonlahor, Aleks Tonev and Andi Weimann in that area of the pitch where we can hurt teams.
'Libor's powerful, too, and I'm looking forward to working with him. We needed to bring in someone like Libor to help the overall philosophy to work.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2408872/Aston-Villa-sign-Lazio-striker-Libor-Kozak-7million.html#ixzz2dm1Y2m7U
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Anyone want to take a shot at explaining that "overall philosophy"?

So we don't only have 1 centre forward. So Benteke doesn't have to play every minute of every game to keep our shape.

lambert clearly wants to play 3 solid CMs, and for 4 mil you don't get a creative CM who doesn't weaken us in terms of getting the ball and defensiveness.

people complain about getting an expensive-ish reserve striker, despite the fact we need cover for Benteke. We also need a replacement next year so makes sense to get someone now to judge if they cut the mustard. 

Who is the genius creative midfielder we should have signed instead? Would they be any more than a squad player anyway? And if benteke gets injured, I'm well glad we have a replacement striker rather than another midfielder where we have cover.

Edited by botak
  • Like 1

'He'll take that burden off Christian and he'll add greatly to what we've got, with the likes of Nicklas Helenius, who's a different type of player, Gabby Agonlahor, Aleks Tonev and Andi Weimann in that area of the pitch where we can hurt teams.

'Libor's powerful, too, and I'm looking forward to working with him. We needed to bring in someone like Libor to help the overall philosophy to work.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2408872/Aston-Villa-sign-Lazio-striker-Libor-Kozak-7million.html#ixzz2dm1Y2m7U

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Anyone want to take a shot at explaining that "overall philosophy"?

So we don't only have 1 centre forward. So Benteke doesn't have to play every minute of every game to keep our shape.

lambert clearly wants to play 3 solid CMs, and for 4 mil you don't get a creative CM who doesn't weaken us in terms of getting the ball and defensiveness.

people complain about getting an expensive-ish reserve striker, despite the fact we need cover for Benteke. We also need a replacement next year so makes sense to get someone now to judge if they cut the mustard. 

Who is the genius creative midfielder we should have signed instead? Would they be any more than a squad player anyway? And if benteke gets injured, I'm well glad we have a replacement striker rather than another midfielder where we have cover.

Philosophy is we don't have the money to buy players who are skilled at ball retention so instead we'll focus on players who are good at ball retrieval, and are quick for a counter-attack and strong at attacking set pieces... We need Kozak because we currently only have Benteke who is any good at set pieces.

I have a feeling this guy will be a huge hit with the villa faithful

Not the women though he's one ugly fella :)(I care not btw)

There's a definite whiff of Richard Kiel about him: 6' 4", big hands, wide set eyes, stout hair and probably metal teeth too, are we sure we haven't signed Jaws?

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

I have a feeling this guy will be a huge hit with the villa faithful

Not the women though he's one ugly fella :)(I care not btw)

There's a definite whiff of Richard Kriel about him: 6' 4", big hands, wide set eyes, stout hair and probably metal teeth too, are we sure we haven't signed Jaws?

Perhaps the plan is to knock the living crap out of the rest of the PL. Sounds good to me as long as we don't turn into St*ke.

Will people stop saying 5/7mil/whatever the hell Kozak cost is quite a lot of money! Transfer fees are not the important thing in modern football. Its all about the wages, and I doubt this lad is on mega money as he seemed to be a backup player at Lazio in Serie A, which has major money problems. Another player in the mix, and hopefully will do a job for us. Only 24 as well. This squad is making me feel old!

Â