Best Debut Albums

maqroll

In ten years time no one will remember the Artic Monkeys

behave!

probably the best British band going at the moment and more importantly easily the band most happy to play with and evolve their sound, add to that their significance and influence as a band in the 00s they'll be around for ages, they've got everything apart from a traditional rock and roll huge personality front man

each to their own but i cannot stand the arctic monkeys, absolute crap, just hearing their frontman makes me want to smash the radio up

I have a copy of The Music's album that a mate burned for me.

Seemed totally "meh", perhaps I should give it another chance.

It's probably akin to when you got into Glenn Miller as a teenager in the 30's and your parents not getting "it" :)

surprised that it seems to be the arctic monkeys that has split the opinion in this thread, personally thought it would be someone like the sex pistols, who IMO really don't sound very good and come across as "you had to be there" type of bad, I like the jam and love the clash but never mind the bollocks and the band in general just seem like the most overrated thing in music history, or oasis who everyone over the age of 40 seems to love to hate

Edited by villa4europe

regarding the sex pistols their a band which I don't mind 2 or 3 of their songs but I hate everything they stood for, hated the image and were a shit band, but they were relevant for a short time and even in 20 years time people will still be discovering their music and wearing the t shirts, I liked the clash to a degree and were probably my favourite band out of all that punk crap that come out around that time although I don't see the clash as proper punk, the arctic monkeys have no relevance at all, I really liked the libertines debut album and all in all pete Docherty was a very talented person who had something about him, I can still see people in 20 years listening to the libertines, one of the few modern bands I had any time for, oasis made 2 great albums which were the first 2 then the 3rd album was mediocre after that their aint much else that they done that was any good,

• Like 1

surprised that it seems to be the arctic monkeys that has split the opinion in this thread, personally thought it would be someone like the sex pistols, who IMO really don't sound very good and come across as "you had to be there" type of bad, I like the jam and love the clash but never mind the bollocks and the band in general just seem like the most overrated thing in music history, or oasis who everyone over the age of 40 seems to love to hate

Noel Gallagher said he'd give up all his albums to have written Never Mind the Bollocks.

Oasis wasted so many great songs as b sides. The Masterplan is every bit as good as their first two albums and miles better than everything they released post 1995.

• Like 3

Oasis wasted so many great songs as b sides. The Masterplan is every bit as good as their first two albums and miles better than everything they released post 1995.

masterplan was awesome, cant believe it was never released as a proper album, i still think though that definately maybe was their best

Â