Southampton

NurembergVillan

Their team looks jaded. A few injuries have exposed the lack of squad depth.

Not really,They just weren't very good to begin with. That's why they say form is temporary.

Their strongest XI is good though.

West Ham have a better squad.

When everyone's fit you have Carroll and Nolan, James Collins, Amalfintano all on the bench, proven premier league players.

Saints have James Ward Prowse, Rodriquez when he eventually gets back and a whole bunch of kids and mediocre foreign players like Mayuka and Gardos.

They remind me a bit of Newcastle last season, excellent first half of the season but when Cabaye got injured/left they nosedived.

I think Saints are the same regarding Morgan Schnderlein. He is their heartbeat, like Milner was to us and their results have declined with his injury.

Our squad is as good as theirs.

It most certainly isn't.
In my opinion it is.

We don't have a midfielder of the quality of Schnderlein for a start.

They don't have a better striker than Benteke, nor a defence as strong as ours. Outside of one midfielder we are fairly equal in that area.

They don't have a better striker than Benteke, nor a defence as strong as ours. Outside of one midfielder we are fairly equal in that area.

But their defence has the joint best defensive record in the league, so that's clearly not the case.

But their defence has the joint best defensive record in the league, so that's clearly not the case.

We have been set up to soak up pressure, they keep the ball. Its no wonder their defence doesn't suffer. If we keep the ball our defence will cope better. We have also been forced to change partnerships far too often.

Injuries and poor tactics are not the fault of our defenders. Otherwise you could argue Pelle is twice the player Benteke is.

Â