Arsenal

Ghost

I'd like to apologise to villa4europe and rovers13 for my short and silly posts above, I'd been out all night and was rather drunk.

Blandy and stevo's posts were what i shoud have said, FFP is about trying to stop sugar daddies coming in and throwing their own money into a club, yes its a few years to late but at least they are trying. Sponsors pay for a brand and the most successful brands will be more expensive to aquire. FFP is trying to curb the amout clubs spend relative to there income, not success and finance clubs aquire from there market value to sponsor's.

Edited by av1

Arsenal said they knew about the injury in the medical. So I'd guess it's not very serious.

I think the reports that he's out for 3 months are false.

The uproar is just people confusing what medicals are there for again.

Think there season is goin to fall apart in march they got Swansea Bayern Spurs Chelsea Man City Everton

Add Liverpool, Man United, Bayern München to that list as well. They have "easy" games against Swansea, Sunderland and Stoke in there to collect at least 7 points, but still.

Manchester City have Norwich (a), Sunderland (h), Stoke (h), Aston Villa (h), Hull (a) and Fulham (h) in their next six games.

CIty have many tough games left after that, but we all know they are going to be favorites away to almost every single team and probably win away to Man Utd in a few weeks. I also don't see Arsenal winning at home to City, given their horrendous form against the best teams over the last few years. I think Arsenal have won 4 out of their last 18 games against the top 7 teams, and all of them were against Liverpool and Tottenham.

Edited by Papillon

they're trying to pull the health and safety bullshit for the FA cup allocation again, wont give liverpool 15%

Aren't liverpool fans protesting the cost of away tickets at Arsenal? Suddenly Arsenal try to reduce their allocation, coincidence? I think not.

I'm almost angry for Arsenal fans after that window.

They had a slim chance of hanging on to top spot. Bang. Gone.

Top 4 yeah, but it'll be years before they get up that high again.

Be nice to have problems like that.

sounds awfully similar to us in 2009 

To put things into perspective they are only one point off the lead. Its a must win game for both Arsenal and Man U  wednesday. Arsenal have the financial power to buy big in the summer so definately think they will challenge in years to come. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just thinking a spurs win brings them within six points, and arsenal have a brutal upcoming fixture list. At stoke, at spurs, at Chelsea and at man city. They could easily pick up just 3 or 1 points from those games, and especially if spurs win the head to head match, they're in troubele.

Does anyone think they'll miss out on top four?

No chance they are still only a point off top spot and 14 points ahead of United. Some big games coming up but they are not out of the title race. City and Chelsea were not impressive yesterday.

Edited by PaulC

• 4 weeks later...
Â