Arsenal

Ghost

I think it's a little wide of the mark to say he won't be missed by England. He's a goal threat and they're thin on the ground over there at the moment.

He would've been critical for England. He struggles sometimes with arsenal because stylistically he's better with space than on a team that's trying to pass through the defense, and England will certainly play on the counter against the better sides.

• 3 weeks later...

FFP in all its glory

Not sure you understand FFP mate.

Maybe the point being made by av1 is that FFP has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of money that Arsenal get for shirt sponsoring from Puma.

FFP has its faults, though not as many as people allege, IMO. But Arsenal's deal will reflect their long record of finishing in the top 4 and thus being in the Champions league, getting worldwide coverage, 60K gates and having built up a huge fanbase and so on.

Arsenal anyway run their club in such a way as to not be affected by FFP in terms of it making them chave to change their business plan.

• Like 1

FFP in all its glory

Maybe the point being made by av1 is that FFP has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of money that Arsenal get for shirt sponsoring from Puma.

FFP has its faults, though not as many as people allege, IMO. But Arsenal's deal will reflect their long record of finishing in the top 4 and thus being in the Champions league, getting worldwide coverage, 60K gates and having built up a huge fanbase and so on.

Arsenal anyway run their club in such a way as to not be affected by FFP in terms of it making them chave to change their business plan.

would they be getting a deal that big if it wasnt for FFP? i would argue that the deal is largely down to market values, say for example liverpool and their deal with warrior, which is inflated due the owner have ties with the brand, man city and their deal with etihad, PSG and their deal with emirates, barca and their intel deal, utd with dhl.... would the deals be this high if it wasnt for FFP? personally i doubt it

then as I and Rovers were alluding to the knock on effect is that forget that we cant compete with arsenal financially, we aren't allowed to compete with arsenal financially even if randy started feeling generous again

fans of FFP will no doubt say we should copy arsenal's business model and get smarter off the pitch, when we do, and we sign our £30m a year shirt deal, how much do you think arsenal's will be worth? deals like this just highlight for me what a terrible rule it is

FFP in all its glory

would they be getting a deal that big if it wasnt for FFP? i would argue that the deal is largely down to market values, say for example liverpool and their deal with warrior, which is inflated due the owner have ties with the brand, man city and their deal with etihad, PSG and their deal with emirates, barca and their intel deal, utd with dhl.... would the deals be this high if it wasnt for FFP? personally i doubt it

then as I and Rovers were alluding to the knock on effect is that forget that we cant compete with arsenal financially, we aren't allowed to compete with arsenal financially even if randy started feeling generous again

fans of FFP will no doubt say we should copy arsenal's business model and get smarter off the pitch, when we do, and we sign our £30m a year shirt deal, how much do you think arsenal's will be worth? deals like this just highlight for me what a terrible rule it is

Why would a company, completely unaffiliated with the club (before the deal obviously) pay way way more for their sponsorship deal just because of FFP?

If Man City start getting the scoreboard sponsored by the chairman's dad for £100 million a season then the weaknesses of FFP come into play.

But I don't see why Puma would give a shit about FFP to be honest. It doesn't affect them.

• Like 1

of course it does

if liverpool can get a shirt deal worth £25m a year then arsenal can open negotiations with the suggestion that their shirt is worth more due to the higher league position / champions league

the fact that liverpools record shirt deal was largely down to connections with warrior at board room level is because of it helping them boost their figures in line with FFP

emirates sponsor PSG how much a year? which is another way round FFP, who sponsor arsenal? so again arsenal who have greater exposure can open negotiations which inflated figures

same can be applied when negotiating the stadium deal

im not saying every club has had money pumped in as a way of getting round FFP but the fact that a few have has inflated the market and put arsenal in a great position, puma obviously arent aiding arsenal, they're just paying the going rate

arsenal were top 4 and CL regulars under nike, sometime in the last 2 years arsenals kit became worth £21m more? for no reason what so ever...

of course it does

if liverpool can get a shirt deal worth £25m a year then arsenal can open negotiations with the suggestion that their shirt is worth more due to the higher league position / champions league

the fact that liverpools record shirt deal was largely down to connections with warrior at board room level is because of it helping them boost their figures in line with FFP

emirates sponsor PSG how much a year? which is another way round FFP, who sponsor arsenal? so again arsenal who have greater exposure can open negotiations which inflated figures

same can be applied when negotiating the stadium deal

im not saying every club has had money pumped in as a way of getting round FFP but the fact that a few have has inflated the market and put arsenal in a great position, puma obviously arent aiding arsenal, they're just paying the going rate

arsenal were top 4 and CL regulars under nike, sometime in the last 2 years arsenals kit became worth £21m more? for no reason what so ever...

They can open negotiations wherever they like but they can only get a deal where someone (puma here) will agree.

Looks like Puma think its worthwile as have no benefit from paying more than they should. 

Thus this is the market price, where demand = supply. Nothing to do with FFP

• Like 2

Â