Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

Bond

Villa have outplayed Arsenal so far at the Emirates. Tough to complain

Depends if you're talking about football. If so, then they've outplayed us.

If you're talking about whatever abomination is taking place on that pitch, then you're right, we've outplayed em.

• Like 2

outplaying Arsenal? you guys are delusional!

Arsenal have shaded the game.. probably looked more likely to score. We have barely strung a few passes together. It looks like theres 400 metres between our front three and midfield. We definitely require a combative type attacking midfielder who will link the attack better.

• Like 1

Good

Gabby

Bentekke

Poor

Luna

Weiman

Rest adequate

Yeah, there goalie should have walked, and the Luna booking was daft. But don't be fooled we looked all over the place there

How has benteke been good, do you mind me asking? Edited by P3te

Agree a red likely but great to see a lot of spirit and fight in the side in a difficult away game to a Top 4 Club.

Expect them to score but dont rule out another for us so will try an optimistic 2-2.

Think we will get fun this year.

Mixed feelings after the first half. Ref is absolutely atrocious. Szczesny should have been off for the penalty, didn't even get a finger to the ball before he took Gabby out. Ridiculous decision to book Luna aswell. I wonder if that's the first time a player has been booked for tackling another player with his b*llocks? I can feel the tension in that stadium from here, and I think it's gonna really kick off IF, and a big IF, Villa grab the next one.

bit of a mad game, both teams look all over the place. worrying that we are only 45 minutes into the season and already have seen several examples of the woeful schoolboy defending that had us in trouble last year.  the midfield offers no protection and cannot track runners, and the defenders themselves are very suspect.

looks like we will have to be scoring 2 or 3 a game to get results this year!

Edited by andym

There isn't a bigger collection moaning, uneducated (in football terms) and clueless words removed in this country than Arsenal fans. They are a disgrace.

As anyone who has stood shoulder to shoulder with them on the old Clock end can testify.

KEA has been excellent in covering the fullbacks. The most important question is though, WHY DID LUNA SHAVE HIS BEARD?

I'm appalled at this. Poor show Mr Luna