New Kit 2014-2015

lmarsha_926

whats the fitting like on the new kit?

last years kit I had to buy 2 sizes bigger as it was so clingy.

Fits the same as last year's to me, neon green from 2 years ago is looser.

These things are glued to my shoulders/arms.

Saw the kit up close for the first time and purchased both of them...... IMO they are better than we have had in several seasons. Very nice!!!

I had to go up a size for some reason and I am as buff as I was (haha) -- so they must be smaller than before.

Anyone think that if we get taken over by an American that they will have our kits made by an American sports label like Liverpool have with Worrior? We could go with Under Armour for instance. I've recently done Tough Mudder and they havery a thing with Under Armour and the stuff they make is nice quality. Spurs have them as their kit manufacturer and they may be looking to expand in the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at Burnley's shirts makes me wonder why we don't have that proper shade of claret too. West Ham have the proper shade as well. But somewhere along the line (I think when we had Diadora) our shade of claret veered toward a dark hot pink... :blush: and hasn't changed since.

How do we change this awkward situation?

The shade of claret we had with the Nike shirts was fine but Macron have never seemed to get it right, though it's probably down to whoever is in charge of our kits at Villa more than Macron. The shiny look the material Macron use on our kits doesn't help either and it does look like a horrible shade of pink. It's one of the reasons I haven't bought a home shirt since Macron took over.

Hopefully if we get new owners they'll decide not to extend the Macron deal further than this year and choose a better kit manufacturer for next season. The fact that Burnley have someone like Puma making their kit, it's embarrassing a club of our size uses Macron. Yes, they gave us the most money and that is the most important thing, but I think we'd sell more shirts if we had a better quality kit maker.

Burnley's shade of claret is a little too brown for my liking, though. West Ham's is quite a nice shade, but that's unsurprising since Adidas are a quality kit supplier.

• Like 2

The shade of claret we had with the Nike shirts was fine but Macron have never seemed to get it right, though it's probably down to whoever is in charge of our kits at Villa more than Macron. The shiny look the material Macron use on our kits doesn't help either and it does look like a horrible shade of pink. It's one of the reasons I haven't bought a home shirt since Macron took over.

Hopefully if we get new owners they'll decide not to extend the Macron deal further than this year and choose a better kit manufacturer for next season. The fact that Burnley have someone like Puma making their kit, it's embarrassing a club of our size uses Macron. Yes, they gave us the most money and that is the most important thing, but I think we'd sell more shirts if we had a better quality kit maker.

Burnley's shade of claret is a little too brown for my liking, though. West Ham's is quite a nice shade, but that's unsurprising since Adidas are a quality kit supplier.

So what you're actually saying is that if we had a more 'fashionable' kit supplier, then you would buy the shirt?

I'm not sure Nike and Adidas are fashionable really. It would be nice to have someone like Uniqlo (who sponsor plenty of athletes) making a nicely fitted, understated shirt that you can wear in a nonfootballing context without looking like a child or a job dodger.