Ian Holloway

Pongotastic

Well, that didn't take long, did it?

Since he's back in the PL, he better work on his PR nous, no?

Poor bloke needs to master the art of such football-management basic PR tactics as "damning with faint praise" and critiquing the ref's actions not his character. Is it really so hard?

He should make lots of public apologies. Hey, it's even more attention, right?

For me it was when he got the Crawley fan banned this pre-season that he went from being a slightly mental but entertaining character to a malicious touchy nasty piece of work who happens to be mental. That said, I still think he's Palace's trump card if they're to stay up.

• Like 1

For me it was when he got the Crawley fan banned this pre-season that he went from being a slightly mental but entertaining character to a malicious touchy nasty piece of work who happens to be mental. That said, I still think he's Palace's trump card if they're to stay up.

Even worse, the man has a history of insulting badgers, whom he really ought to keep his sleazy metaphors off of. Aren't they a protected animal?

A Holloway quote: "I couldn’t be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" – after his QPR side beat Cardiff.

Ugh.

• 3 weeks later...

If people think our treatment of bomb squad is bad...

Express article:

Outcast Florian Marange 'disgusted' at Crystal Palace treatment

CRYSTAL PALACE defender Florian Marange has blasted his treatment by the club, stating he is 'disgusted' at what he has experienced at Selhurst Park since signing on a free transfer last month.

Marange left Bordeaux for Palace on a one-year deal after becoming a free agent at the end of last season.

But the 27-year-old has made just one appearance under Ian Holloway so far this campaign, during the south London club's 2-1 Capital Cup defeat to Bristol City.

And Marange has hit out at Palace after being left out of Holloway's 25-man Premier League squad for this term.

"I'm disgusted," Marange told French sports paper L'Equipe.

"If I had known this rule, I would have a clause in my contract. But my advisor did not tell me and now I am told that it is almost my fault.

"We lost [at Bristol City] but I was not at fault for the two goals. I have only had seven or eight training sessions. How can you judge a player after 10 days?"

Marange claims he has not been included by the club since penning his deal in south London and is already considering looking for a move in January.

"I have never been presented to the press, I have never had an official photo and I am still waiting for my club suit," he said.

"I stayed for 15 days in a hotel before finding somewhere to live and the club told me I had to pick up the bill.

"It is true, I have a proper contract, I earn a little more than Bordeaux but living in London is 10 times more expensive. And I came to play. Either I rip up my contract or I wait until the winter transfer window to find a club."

• 3 years later...
42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I thought he was annoying when a manager but i thought he was actually a good pundit when I seen him on Championship this season. better than some of clowns who do Premier League coverage

Have to agree with this. Thought he spoke quite well and gave good answers when it came to the games he was looking at.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I thought he was annoying when a manager but i thought he was actually a good pundit when I seen him on Championship this season. better than some of clowns who do Premier League coverage

Your right zatman he is a good pundit

• 1 month later...

The QPR boss told BBC Five Live: "People think I'm going to get sacked in the morning, well that's nice isn't it? Why don't you sing something better and something different?lls.

"I didn't mean to beat you in the play-offs. It wasn't my fault was it? Why don't you show me some respect?"

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/ian-holloway-takes-swipe-at-brighton-over-crystal-palace-playoff-triumph-after-qpr-loss-a3428676.html

Bit Salty.

Not happy with the Brighton fans. Is this 6 or 7 defeats on the bounce?
Oh dear.

If he was consistent he'd be easier to take but he veers from one side to the other often.

I know in the past he's stated that there are more important things in life than football and he doesn't get worked up by it (I believe he has disabled children so this perspective is understandable)

But then he'll complain about fans singing and winding him up, he's too erratic for me.

• Like 1

Â