Manchester United

BOF

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They used to get a reaction under Ole after a couple of defeats and hes won at PSG and Man City but something is seriously wrong there.  The Ronaldo effect!

Likely. No matter how good players like Ronaldo are, they almost always disrupt the dressing room. You only have to look at Fernandes's performances since he joined, below par. 

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Atalanta totally s*** the bed this half.

injuries. only one regular centre half in the back 3 as Demiral and Toloi injured

De Roon playing there, wasnt great at Boro

Just now, Zatman said:

injuries. only one regular centre half in the back 3 as Demiral and Toloi injured

De Roon playing there, wasnt great at Boro

Yeah Demiral doing his hamstring right on half time was turning point as he has the recovery pace needed with them pushing up high.

In a funny way this is sort of result that will do Man. United more long term damage, get through the group and just lose last 16 to Bayern or someone and have 3rd/4th prem season whereas losing and going out and OGS would be out before new year and chance to rebuild quicker.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Yeah Demiral doing his hamstring right on half time was turning point as he has the recovery pace needed with them pushing up high.

In a funny way this is sort of result that will do Man. United more long term damage, get through the group and just lose last 16 to Bayern or someone and have 3rd/4th prem season whereas losing and going out and OGS would be out before new year and chance to rebuild quicker.

Agreed. 

3rd place and they would be guaranteed a trophy in Europa League. 

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

a funny way this is sort of result that will do Man. United more long term damage, get through the group and just lose last 16 to Bayern or someone and have 3rd/4th prem season whereas losing and going out and OGS would be out before new year and chance to rebuild quicker.

How much of a rebuild do they need? One DM?   They wont want to end up in the europa league again.  They can still get rid of Ole even if they qualify. 

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

How much of a rebuild do they need? One DM?   They wont want to end up in the europa league again.  They can still get rid of Ole even if they qualify. 

Well Ronaldo and Cavani in mid 30s so obviously still new long term CF if next one dosen't fancy Greenwood there (they'd take Haaland like a shot if he fancied the move). Pogba likely will leave on a free so I'd say they need two new CMs and just have McFred as bench warmers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

This will keep OGS in a job for another 3 months.

Yes, this is the perfect result, I couldn't be happier. They're all ecstatic, over the moon, he's bought himself a bunch more time to do just well enough but not well enough to win anything, and on and on we go.

I hope he manages them for the next 10 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love it so much.

Utd stink. Ole stinks.

Outside of Villa they're my favourite team to watch by about a million miles.

They either stink it out and look horrible, losing. Or they stink it out, look horrible and nick wins, keeping Ole there for longer.

Viva Ole.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Top of the CL group at the half way stage. Premier League needs some attention now, they need to nail down a spot in the top 4 soon (which I imagine they will).

Its not vintage United but I don’t think it’s bad enough for them to consider sacking Ole.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Top of the CL group at the half way stage. Premier League needs some attention now, they need to nail down a spot in the top 4 soon (which I imagine they will).

Its not vintage United but I don’t think it’s bad enough for them to consider sacking Ole.

They have zero chance in CL. 

I'd they wanted a trophy this season it would actually be more benefitial for them finishing 3rd in that group. 

Â