Manchester United

BOF

The useless over hill Ronaldo makes it 11 goals in 10 games so far this season with a hat trick last night. (he also scored a retaken penalty making it 3 in total on the night and set himself up for an overhead kick that the keeper saved).

Cant believe United were so stupid 😉 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Genie said:

The useless over hill Ronaldo makes it 11 goals in 10 games so far this season with a hat trick last night. (he also scored a retaken penalty making it 3 in total on the night and set himself up for an overhead kick that the keeper saved).

Cant believe United were so stupid 😉 

Which superpower did he score a hattrick against this time? Liechstenstein? Luxembourg? San Marino?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Which superpower did he score a hattrick against this time? Liechstenstein? Luxembourg? San Marino?

Exactly. 

The Ronaldo fanclub will defend him till the day they die.

I don't get any enjoyment out of criticizing him btw. I loved Ronaldo growing up watching him in his prime. But it's clear as day that he has dramatically declined. Watching him today is just sad for me. 

Edited by villalad21

48 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Exactly. 

I don't get any enjoyment out of criticizing him btw. I loved Ronaldo growing up watching him in his prime. But it's clear as day that he has dramatically declined. Watching him today is just sad for me. 

Just the 36 goals in 2021 for club and country including top scorer at the Euros 

Hasnt scored in 2 of his last 10 starts and one was vs us

Edited by Zatman

50 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Exactly. 

He’s still an absolute class act and would be an asset to any team in the world. 

The comments about him dramatically declining are ridiculous. He remains one of the best strikers on the planet.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Poster doesn't rate Ronaldo, Lukaku or Haaland but rates Maupay and Bamford. Shows the expert knowledge

I know, it’s just so funny.

11 goals in 10 games across PL, CL and WC qualifiers. A goal every 66 minutes on the pitch. Player of the month, MOTM’s = he’s clearly dramatically declined :crylaugh: 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

11 goals in 10 games across PL, CL and WC qualifiers. A goal every 66 minutes on the pitch. Player of the month, MOTM’s = he’s clearly dramatically declined :crylaugh: 

I wrote something after the game against us if he was close to finished. He wasn't good in that game and I hadn't seen him play in a long time. 

But you can't really argue that he isn't a valuable player to a team with a goalscoring record like that.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

well to be fair he kind of has...he's doing less, got a bit of el ghazi about him he's getting goals but what else is he doing for the other 89 minutes? its not as much as it was and the goalscoring rate must be dropping but thats because his goalscoring rate for madrid was insane

the thing is or at least should be that utd can comfortably accommodate him with the rest of the team that they've got, portugal do, he's not there to press or take 100 touches a game or drop deep and link up play, he's there to score goals and he's doing it

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Poster doesn't rate Ronaldo, Lukaku or Haaland but rates Maupay and Bamford. Shows the expert knowledge

It’s always a useful stick to beat the club with - why didn’t we sign X, rather then acknowledging the continued class of players like Ronaldo 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

well to be fair he kind of has...he's doing less, got a bit of el ghazi about him he's getting goals but what else is he doing for the other 89 minutes? its not as much as it was and the goalscoring rate must be dropping but thats because his goalscoring rate for madrid was insane

the thing is or at least should be that utd can comfortably accommodate him with the rest of the team that they've got, portugal do, he's not there to press or take 100 touches a game or drop deep and link up play, he's there to score goals and he's doing it

He’s adapted his game as he’s got older for sure, and credit to him for that. 

Every United player knows where he will be, and if they get the ball to his head or his feet he’ll score more often than not.

Compare that to City who play without a recognised striker and it shows. The 5 creative midfielders get to the edge of the box and they become a bit confused about who is the target man and focal point of the attack.

It goes side to side waiting for someone to do something.

If the rumour was true City wanted Ronaldo they’d have been absolutely devastating. 

Seems like a bit of a silly debate in as much as both sides are clearly 'right': he is a phenomenal player, but somewhat less phenomenal than he used to be. Just seems like everyone basically agrees with that point but wants to argue about it!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Seems like a bit of a silly debate in as much as both sides are clearly 'right': he is a phenomenal player, but somewhat less phenomenal than he used to be. Just seems like everyone basically agrees with that point but wants to argue about it!

I think its people saying he is finished or dramatically declined. He will still hit 50 goals this calendar year 

Some strikers are lucky to get 50 top flight career goals these days

Edited by Zatman

On 02/10/2021 at 16:21, villalad21 said:

They can't keep playing Ronaldo up top when he barely moves.

Can't afford to be carrying players these days. Not even Ronaldo.

On 02/10/2021 at 17:21, villalad21 said:

Ronaldo was not a sensible signing it was an emotional one. 

On 02/10/2021 at 17:22, villalad21 said:

I'd play Watkins over Ronaldo every day of the week. 

On 02/10/2021 at 20:24, villalad21 said:

This really is an issue.

You can't carry passengers. Ronaldo needs to get out of the team or performances won't improve.

On 05/10/2021 at 16:42, villalad21 said:

Ronaldo is dead. I don't care what anyone says.

Can't link up. Can't hold the ball up. Can't dribble anymore. Guy is trying to do these dead step overs. Honestly it's so embarrassing to watch.

He is just a lamp post in the opposition box he is bound to get some tap ins. Doesn't work for the team, it's all about him and his individual records.

Ronaldo would not get in the team if I was the MU boss. No chance.

@HanoiVillan there’s no way both “sides” are clearly right. These posts are hilariously wrong.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Just the 36 goals in 2021 for club and country including top scorer at the Euros 

Hasnt scored in 2 of his last 10 starts and one was vs us

And Juve finished 4th. He never did improve Juventus. 

Not improved United. In fact they look a lot worse with him in the side. 

You are an absolute stat merchant like most modern football fans and are unable to see beyond that. 

This version of Ronaldo is a poor footballer and brings very little to the team. He doesn't hold the ball up. He doesn't link up the play. He doesn't press or have any sort of a defensive contribution to his team. He is all about himself and his individual goal record. Anything else comes secondary. 

An absolute passenger. And yes I would have Maupay, Bamford or Watkins in my team over Ronaldo. And I am happy and proud enough to stand by that opinion. 

Edited by villalad21

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

And Juve finished 4th. He never did improve Juventus. 

Not improved United. In fact they look a lot worse with him in the side. 

You are an absolute stat merchant like most modern football fans and are unable to see beyond that. 

This version of Ronaldo is a poor footballer and brings very little to the team. He doesn't hold the ball up. He doesn't link up the play. He doesn't press or have any sort of a defensive contribution to his team. He is all about himself and his individual goal record. Anything else comes secondary. 

An absolute passenger. And yes I would have Maupay, Bamford or Watkins in my team over Ronaldo. And I am happy and proud enough to stand by that opinion. 

With someone like Grealish I can understand the frustration about using stats to make an argument. Carries into the final third, passes diagonally into the box, free kicks won etc and then connecting that to something positive is always a stretch.

Goals are the essence of the game. The single most important attribute.

A striker who consistently scores a world class haul of goals cannot be a poor footballer. It’s completely contradictory.

Its like describing a goalkeeper who consistently makes saves keeping clean sheets as poor because he doesn’t talk to his defenders enough.

If Ronaldo wasn’t scoring then there’s a question to be answered, what is he bringing to the side of it’s not goals?

As it happens he’s scoring consistently so only a mad man would drop him or consider him as not pulling his weight.

Edited by Genie

Â