Manchester United

BOF

1 minute ago, Genie said:

With someone like Grealish I can understand the frustration about using stats to make an argument. Carries into the final third, passes diagonally into the box, free kicks won etc and then connecting that to something positive is always a stretch.

Goals are the essence of the game. The single most important attribute.

A striker who consistently scores a world class haul of goals cannot be a poor footballer. It’s completely contradictory.

Its like describing a goalkeeper who consistently makes saves keeping clean sheets as poor because he doesn’t talk to his defenders enough.

No it's like criticizing a goal keeper for only being a good shot stopper but lacking in other areas. 

Football has moved on from the traditional 9 who will only stand in the box all day. Can't carry passengers. 

The way Ronaldo play is hurting the team in a lot of ways and it's a huge dilemma for Solskjaer. 

Be interesting in the games coming up. Having a striker who doesn't press or track back against good teams is suicide. 

30 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

An absolute passenger. And yes I would have Maupay, Bamford or Watkins in my team over Ronaldo. And I am happy and proud enough to stand by that opinion. 

1/10 Must try harder 😂😂😂

FC Ronaldo losing away game....ten minutes left to protect that record.

Leicester been the better team today. Sorry but Man. United are simply too unbalanced when out of possesion. Not all Ronaldo's fault but they really didn't need to sign him with the options they already had.

Edited by VillaChris

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

FC Ronaldo losing away game....ten minutes left to protect that record.

Leicester been the better team today. Sorry but Man. United are simply too unbalanced when out of possesion. Not all Ronaldo's fault but they really didn't need to sign him with the options they already had.

Just accept Ronaldo is dusted. 

Genuinely making them worse. 

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Shame the media wont be able to pin this on Ronaldo not starting.  No way will he finish top scorer in the league. Both Salah and Vardy have scored more than double what he has. 

Playing for himself. 

Offers zero to the team. 

If Ole want any hope in saving his job he needs to start benching him. 

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Playing for himself. 

Offers zero to the team. 

If Ole want any hope in saving his job he needs to start benching him. 

Dreadful signing. OGS has been placed in a no win situation 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Dreadful signing. OGS has been placed in a no win situation 

I know. 

The thought process was. 

"Oh no, he might sign for Man City" 

Never mind if he is suited to how they like to play. 

Horribly run club. 

• Like 1

Ah we've had some fun but the end is approaching.

They stink. Ole stinks. Will never manage a top side again.

Hopefully the blame is shifted onto Ronaldo and he's given plenty more time.

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Ah we've had some fun but the end is approaching.

They stink. Ole stinks. Will never manage a top side again.

Hopefully the blame is shifted onto Ronaldo and he's given plenty more time.

Yup. 

Unreal squad. 

They will be a force once they get a half decent manager. 

Ronaldo does score goals, I think everyone is in agreement on that 😁

So the question then is do Man U score more goals with him in the side than they would have if another striker was there i.e. is he adding goals to the side or is he just harvesting goals from other players in the squad?

Furthermore, if Man U are not actually scoring significantly more with him in the side then does Ronaldo’s limited all round game mean he’s actually more of a hindrance than he is a help for them?

31 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

So the question then is do Man U score more goals with him in the side than they would have if another striker was there i.e. is he adding goals to the side or is he just harvesting goals from other players in the squad?

Furthermore, if Man U are not actually scoring significantly more with him in the side then does Ronaldo’s limited all round game mean he’s actually more of a hindrance than he is a help for them?

Even the most die hard Ronaldo United fans will come to this realization sooner or later. 

Edited by villalad21

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

It's hard to carry a CF who dosen't really press anymore. Compare to Liverpool with Firmino getting loads of stick for not scoring much but look at the work he puts in to create extra space for Salah and Mane to do the rest.

It seems people are missing the point a bit about Ronaldo a bit. Yes he's going to score 20-25 goals this season. He did that last season at juve and they went out last 16 to Porto and scraped into 4th on last day of the season. Aubameyang hit 20 goals a few years ago and Arsenal finished 8th.

The obvious plan before Ronaldo flirted with Man. City was Cavani/Greenwood alternating as CF. Cavani despite being mid 30s can still press and scored decent amount last year. Greenwood still developing but excellent finisher already. With Sancho and Rashford that's good forward options anyway so I just don't think Ronaldo was needed at all on the pitch but they panicked when Man. City were looking at him.

Biggest problem though is how bad their central midfield options are. Today they went with Matic who's too old to start prem games now and Pogba who's wildly inconsistant in any positon and Youri Tielemans made a complete mug of both with his positioning. It's proper mid table standard there so that drags the team down further.

I've actually gone from thinking they're a top 4 lock to perhaps they'll be battling to not finish 5th (unless they change manager mid season) as so many sides are exposing those flaws every week and they've been lucky to win some of the games they did win earlier in the season.

Of course sack OGS and they'll probably do a 5-6 match winning streak like after Mourinho went so interested how long they wait given they've got a very tough run of fixtures up to December.

No doubting his goal scoring talent but hes not a team player. His hissy fit when at the end of the game against Everton because he didnt start the game shows that. You look at how vardy responded to Tielemans goal yesterday then compare that to Ronaldos reaction when Greenwood scored.  Its a poor signing and will cost Ole his job.  If he doesnt pick him the media is all over it and when he picks him and he doesnt score then its like playing with 10 men. 

6 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Yep especially mcfred that is like bottom 6 level midfield

They played Pogba-Matic yesterday and that was just as bad. Matic running at 10mph and Pogba losing endless second balls and duels.

Only other CM option they have is Van Der Beek who's played about 5 prem games in 18 months.

Terrible set of CM options really, not sure what their actual plan is. Wait until Jude Bellingham gets bored of the Bundesliga?

Â