Manchester United

BOF

The Athletic running a story that Rashford skipped training claiming he was sick but was caught out partying in Belfast the night before.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

The Athletic running a story that Rashford skipped training claiming he was sick but was caught out partying in Belfast the night before.

quite possible he was sick.

With a stinking hangover.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

People saying he’s playing shit because of the awful dressing room at United, he IS the rotten dressing room.

He knows he’s untouchable on £15m a year.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Is there a chance Man United’s new CEO gets personally sanctioned for his part in City’s rule breaking?

goal.com

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I’d say a very good chance, almost nailed on. CFO knows all the dealings, its his or hers job. If my old CFO didn’t, I would’ve sacked him

Nick Harris, the journalist who knows more than basically anyone else about the accusations against City, does not think so:

'First, in all the hundreds of pages of documents and leaks and emails I’ve seen over the years about apparently strange dealings, I’ve never seen his name in any of them. I’ve seen Khaldoon’s and Pearce’s and Soriano’s and the names of various execs from Etihad. I’ve seen City lawyer Simon Cliff’s name, and former MCFC chief operating officer Graham Wallace’s, and MCFC board member John MacBeath’s and former MCFC head of finance Andrew Widdowson’s, and current CFG CFO Jorge Chumillas’s, among others. But I haven’t seen Berrada’s.

Second, various sources — including former and current employees at both City and Etihad — have alleged to me that at the highest level, in deals between the major Abu Dhabi-based sponsors and City, the contracts and the money have always been dealt with “at the top”, orchestrated by Khaldoon and Pearce. One person with inside knowledge of City’s commercial department told me that when “ordinary” commercial deals are negotiated by that department, bonuses are paid on completion and renewals. But no such bonuses were paid for Abu Dhabi-based sponsors in that person’s time at the club.

The third reason I don’t think Berrada was particularly close to the events that got City into trouble, at least in 2014 and 2020, is that he wasn’t even at the club when key deals were put together at the start of the 2010s.'

from: https://sportingintelligence832.substack.com/p/will-man-citys-paper-trail-lead-to

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nick Harris, the journalist who knows more than basically anyone else about the accusations against City, does not think so:

'First, in all the hundreds of pages of documents and leaks and emails I’ve seen over the years about apparently strange dealings, I’ve never seen his name in any of them. I’ve seen Khaldoon’s and Pearce’s and Soriano’s and the names of various execs from Etihad. I’ve seen City lawyer Simon Cliff’s name, and former MCFC chief operating officer Graham Wallace’s, and MCFC board member John MacBeath’s and former MCFC head of finance Andrew Widdowson’s, and current CFG CFO Jorge Chumillas’s, among others. But I haven’t seen Berrada’s.

Second, various sources — including former and current employees at both City and Etihad — have alleged to me that at the highest level, in deals between the major Abu Dhabi-based sponsors and City, the contracts and the money have always been dealt with “at the top”, orchestrated by Khaldoon and Pearce. One person with inside knowledge of City’s commercial department told me that when “ordinary” commercial deals are negotiated by that department, bonuses are paid on completion and renewals. But no such bonuses were paid for Abu Dhabi-based sponsors in that person’s time at the club.

The third reason I don’t think Berrada was particularly close to the events that got City into trouble, at least in 2014 and 2020, is that he wasn’t even at the club when key deals were put together at the start of the 2010s.'

from: https://sportingintelligence832.substack.com/p/will-man-citys-paper-trail-lead-to

Wow, thanks for this. Had no idea how secretive all this is😳, if the CFO does not know anything about it it is nuts(excluding the time he wasn’t there obviously) 

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

thanks for sharing that.

The bit I find odd though is that he is incredibly highly rated because of his commercial deals at city, and how he grew their income massively… but at the same time was not involved in any of the (many) dodgy deals. United must be quite confident he won’t be dragged into it.

11 hours ago, Genie said:

People saying he’s playing shit because of the awful dressing room at United, he IS the rotten dressing room.

He knows he’s untouchable on £15m a year.

Rashford is playing shit because he’s not due a new contract anytime soon.

I think that’s twice now he has played well for half a season at the end of his contract, bagged a big pay bump, then reverted to shite again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I think that’s twice now he has played well for half a season at the end of his contract, bagged a big pay bump, then reverted to shite again.

Or playing us!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Wow, thanks for this. Had no idea how secretive all this is😳, if the CFO does not know anything about it it is nuts(excluding the time he wasn’t there obviously) 

If by CFO we mean Chief Financial Officer, I don't think he ever has been. From the same article:

'for those who don’t know, Omar Berrada is currently (albeit on gardening leave) the chief football operations officer at City Football Group, in effect the parent company of Manchester City and the other 12 clubs in the CFG stable. And he will become Manchester United’s new CEO in a few months’ time.

He has held various roles at City since going there in late 2011, including developing international business (including overseas tours and marketing), working on club partnerships, and working as the group (CFG) commercial director, before becoming the group chief football operations officer in 2020.

The pecking order at City, in terms of control and overall strategy, is headed by Khaldoon Al Mubarak, a senior Emirati government official as well as MCFC’s chairman, and also CEO of Mubadala, one of the sovereign wealth funds of Abu Dhabi. Working closely with him is another government advisor and string-puller, Simon Pearce. Below them is MCFC’s CEO Ferran Soriano, and below him is Txiki Begiristain, City’s director of football. Berrada is approximately on a par with Begiristain in City’s seniority, and has operated in various fields, including player recruitment, over the years; and it is not the case that he was “so close to” the events outlined in bullet points one to seven above.'

(the current CFO is Jorge Chumillas, per Harris, but he admittedly doesn't appear on the list on City Football Group's website: https://www.cityfootballgroup.com/our-business/leadership-team/ )

2 hours ago, Genie said:

thanks for sharing that.

The bit I find odd though is that he is incredibly highly rated because of his commercial deals at city, and how he grew their income massively… but at the same time was not involved in any of the (many) dodgy deals. United must be quite confident he won’t be dragged into it.

As far as I'm aware, there are not 'many' dodgy commercial deals that they are accused of. Primarily, it's two deals, one with Etihad and one with Etisalat, plus some much smaller ones, but as above the accusation is that these were primarily dealt with by Simon Pearce, Al Mubarak's close friend/advisor/fixer, and indeed he is the one functioning as a gateway between club and sponsors in the relevant emails, which you can find here: https://cdn.prod.www.spiegel.de/media/b0d08e04-9a95-425c-a906-57f899544430/FFP.pdf

Basically, I think you're both overestimating how much Berrada had to do with sponsors, and to the extent he did it's probably more ('developing international business') to do with Malaysian coffee partners or whatever rather than the highly-sensitive interface between the football club and wider football group and the Emirati state. 

• Thanks 1

Rashford not involved so looks like the story is correct.

He just dosen't look like he enjoys football anymore.

Probably a big statement from the new regime would be to just sell him, he would not have lasted longer doing this stuff under Ferguson.

18 hours ago, sne said:

Amateur. God put in man of the match performances after all dayers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Lee Hendrie was the same. Put in a brilliant string of performances around contract renewal time, then turn to shit once he signed his new contract.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Rashford not involved so looks like the story is correct.

He just dosen't look like he enjoys football anymore.

Probably a big statement from the new regime would be to just sell him, he would not have lasted longer doing this stuff under Ferguson.

New guy said United would no longer put up with players stinking the place out for 4 or 5 years (like Martial). Perfect opportunity now to make a statement with Rashford. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

How on earth did we let this sack of shit come back from 0-2

Mental, they decided to play completely out of character against us for some bizarre reason

10 hours ago, Genie said:

Mental, they decided to play completely out of character against us for some bizarre reason

I think that second half was the best they've played in at least 5 years

Â