Manchester United

BOF

19 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Not really true.

They were far dominant from the 30th minute and on.

Warning signs was there during the break

Nah honest, I though we were poor after the second goal, utd were just sloppy, they should have scored first half 

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Nah honest, I though we were poor after the second goal, utd were just sloppy, they should have scored first half 

This is the correct take, they had two or three good opportunities that just needed a better final ball or a better timed run. We didn't play well throughout the whole match, and their victory was deserved, but of course it's still disappointing to throw away a two goal lead even if you don't 'deserve' to have it on the balance of play. 

• Like 2

It’s funny how United sacked coaches like OGS.

Finished 3rd in his first full season.
Finished 2nd in his second season.
The longest away win record in the Premier League history.
Under him Man United scored a record breaking 124 goals in one season.
First ever manager to beat Pep Guardiola three times in one season.
Played two cup finals in two years.

They’d snap your hand off if you took them back to these days.

I think sometimes it's more due to the situation of the league. OGS win rate (54.17%) is close to Moyes (52.94%), while EtH (58.89%) is up near SAF (59.67%) and above Jose (58.33%).

In terms of points per game.

SAF - 2.02 
Jose - 1.97
EtH - 1.89
OGS - 1.85
Moyes - 1.76 

OGS is also the only post-war United manager to be in charge for multiple seasons and not win anything. Obviously stats can show what you want and context is important. But overall I stick to my guns that EtH is 'fine'. I think the squad is pretty crap, and he's part to blame for that, but I also think 3rd was overachieving last season. EtH tends to get more negative press simply because his teams never draw, so naturally they lose more games and that's a crisis at United.

I'm also friends with 2 Cardiff fans, both of whom consider him one of the least liked people in the clubs history.

• 2 weeks later...

What was so important with our cock up vs. them is that it's totally within the realms of possibility we could go on a crap run of DLDL and they could go WWWW and suddenly there's no gap anymore.

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

What was so important with our cock up vs. them is that it's totally within the realms of possibility we could go on a crap run of DLDL and they could go WWWW and suddenly there's no gap anymore.

I mean it’s within the realms of possibility but I don’t think they’ve won more than two in a row in the league this season.

I also don’t think we have gone on a winless run of more than 2 this season.

This would suggest that it’s possible but unlikely.

7 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

Sponsorships deals was Omar Berrada job 😆 - Does this mean Utd think City are not guilty ? or will he resign if they are found guilty?

He knows something, which is why he's quit city and gone to Man U.  He'll now kinda get away with it, a bit like Paula Vennells in the Post Office scandal

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He knows something, which is why he's quit city and gone to Man U.  He'll now kinda get away with it, a bit like Paula Vennells in the Post Office scandal

Isnt this the sort of conspiracy that City fans are eating up at the moment. City could easily afford to buy his silence more than United could

"Gets away with it" - because it is Man Utd. That is just as corrupt. I want the whole damp swamp drained! And how is it a "good appointment" hiring somebody associated with a club that currently has 115 charges to their name (Charges specifically related to sponsorships 😆)? Plus I thought City cheated, so why would any club want to add a person fully associated with that regime. Nothing earned on merit it appears.

If Mansour or similar owned Utd or Liverpool this would be swept under the rug and treated differently IMO. That person would be heralded by the media like Jack Walker.

Edited by Villa_Vids

IMG-3899.jpg

It’s crazy they hired someone from their rivals

Extra crazy that he’s been part of the biggest scale cheating in the history of the Premier League.

Madness.

I’m sure it’ll end like all United’s other big deals.

Edited by Genie

Hard to know

As well as the artificially inflated stuff and the outright fake stuff man city also have legitimately increased their revenue with the likes of puma and okx

The only dodgy thing for utd is that once again it sounds like they're putting a money man at the top of the tree, he's got former job titles like head of marketing and head of sponsorship 

You look at the city group and say Brian Marwood is a football man in charge of the groups global football side, txiki is a football man in charge of man city's football side 

The revenue will no doubt go up, somehow they'll get no CL but the company that replaces teamviewer pay them more... There's no immediate confidence here that the football side of it which is an absolute **** shambles will get any better, that's no who this guy is at Man City 

• Like 1

Â