Manchester United

BOF

Usually a player will take a lower salary for the security of a new 3,4 or 5 year deal.

Harry not being the brightest and being horrendously out of form might have just cost himself a fortune by refusing the move.

Edited by Genie

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

Usually a player will take a lower salary for the security of a new 3,4 or 5 year deal.

Harry not bring the brightest and being horrendously out of form might have just cost himself a fortune by refusing the move.

I suspect his agent will have worked out which strategy will bring in the most money for the player. 

19 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I suspect his agent will have worked out which strategy will bring in the most money for the player. 

I was going to say that if he isn’t playing then his value will be dropping.

But in this case it might actually help him, can’t play badly if not playing at all!

• Haha 2

Man United fans, have a look at what you could have won

It is understood that Sheikh Jassim's bid would have been a fully cash offer and would have cleared all old debt. There would also have been more than £1.4bn to finance new stadium plans, new training centre facilities, buy players and also for community regeneration projects.

link

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

FB_IMG_1697305267191.jpg

I don't even dimly remember MU's doldrums in the late 1980s, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up in that zone by the end of this year. They have way too much quality to get relegated, but I could a 9th or 10th. The thing that irritates me about MU fans is they think they're too good for that.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

For the Qatari’s to give up on such a huge sports washing vehicle the Glazers must have been an absolute nightmare.

Or they’ve found another club to buy who aren’t just going to string them along.

34 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up in that zone by the end of this year. They have way too much quality to get relegated, but I could a 9th or 10th.

The thing is that 1-2 years mid-table won’t have any effect on them.

They are a global money-making machine and nothing will stop that now. They would need 20 years mid-table for other clubs to overtake their annual revenue.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Do the Glazers actually really want to sell? Been offered £5bn and **** people around 

Only if they get their asking price which has always been £6 billion.  But they aren’t that bothered if they don’t sell, they expect the value of the club to increase massively after the next round of TV rights bidding.

12 hours ago, Genie said:

For the Qatari’s to give up on such a huge sports washing vehicle the Glazers must have been an absolute nightmare.

There is also the optics with the Israel-Palestine war. Doing this deal now would get some rather big reactions from both sides I imagine.

Â