Manchester United

BOF

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not who is running the show at utd but they ahve over spend massively on players. 80m maguire, 80m anthony, 72m sancho. Also the managerial failures they have had. Ten looks like they finally got a appointment right.

The club has spent big i agree but i think the ownership situation is the biggest issue they have. Once thats sorted i can see them winning titles again unfortunately 

Its not the ownership, that's just what the media want the Norwich scarf wearing element of their fans to believe, it's all a smokescreen to cover their entitlement

Utd not winning anything has to be a reason, it cant be because someone is better or because of the cyclical nature of football and definitley not a good thing it has to be someone's fault, it cant be the fault of people in the background that they don't know or understand what they do and for some reason it was never really Woodwards fault (when it was almost definitley Woodwards fault)

And I've said this many times, utd expanded rapidly in the 90s, they chased commercial deals and huge revenues and we're incredibly successful off the back of it, they changed world football and turned it from a global sport in to a global business, they are now ran by businessmen using perfectly legitimate business practices to finance their business whilst also taking huge amounts of profit out of that business, the glazers purchase of man utd has been hugely successful for them, they're not a football club in the traditional sense that fans want them to be, hardly any clubs are anymore as clubs have moved away from fans and it was utd who kickstarted the trend, I would lay a whole lot of the games gone thread at man utds feet - long story short.... **** em, this is their own doing

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

10pm deadline today for bids to buy Man Utd.  

Rumours are of a few bids gone in, with Qatar having bid around £5 billion and probably the highest.

Confirmed

Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad bin Jaber Al Thani, the chairman of one of Qatar's biggest banks, has confirmed a bid to buy Manchester United.

The move comes ahead of Friday's 22:00 GMT 'soft deadline' for submitting proposals.

It is the second bid to be made public after businessman Sir Jim Ratcliffe stated his interest last month.

In a statement, the Qatari consortium said: "The bid plans to return the club to its former glories.

Edited by av1

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

This should absolutely not be allowed 

It will be though

So you have four super power clubs in PL now with stupid wealth

City chelsea utd and newcastle.

Liverpool could probably get a billionaire owner come in meaning a top 5 with arsenal and spurs dropping out. Then you have the rest who have virtually no chance of being in that group. 

**** depressing

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

It will be though

So you have four super power clubs in PL now with stupid wealth

City chelsea utd and newcastle.

Liverpool could probably get a billionaire owner come in meaning a top 5 with arsenal and spurs dropping out. Then you have the rest who have virtually no chance of being in that group. 

**** depressing

Most clubs have billionaire owners. It's being state owned (or one step removed from) that's the issue.

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Bring on the super League. Manure could play their home games in one of the WC stadiums.

Wish the damn thing happened now so they couldn’t give us Super League Lite with their unlimited funds instead 

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Most clubs have billionaire owners. It's being state owned (or one step removed from) that's the issue.

Chelsea are not state owned i dontvthink city are they?

Only newcastle and now utd.

Another nail in the games coffin

Qatar have sort of failed as owners of PSG in a one team league. Yes they have dominated domestically but have had a number of Champions League flops and think lost the Ligue 1 two or three times. Best signing they have made is probably still Zlatan and that was 10 years ago

Premier League is a lot more competitive so will be more challenging

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Qatar have sort of failed as owners of PSG in a one team league. Yes they have dominated domestically but have had a number of Champions League flops and think lost the Ligue 1 two or three times. Best signing they have made is probably still Zlatan and that was 10 years ago

Premier League is a lot more competitive so will be more challenging

It will be challenging because of city and newcastle thats only reason.  You could  throw chelsea in there if they continue spending like they have but i think they will drift off because there seems to be no proper plan there.

Its really shit thats this is happening more and more.  Utd showed when othwr clubs spent like they were they were failing. Now they need to out spend most teams again like the 90s to win titles again.

Â