Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Neville is an absolute disgrace.

He has effectively tested the water for his former employers

There's no way back for Greenwood, rightly so even if this doesn't go to court or he's not found guilty because that recording is **** horrendous

Neville has just shown utd what hopefully they already knew, the court of public opinion is hounding Neville for daring to like the notion that he's innocent what would they do if utd backed Greenwood and brought him back?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

managed to do a clumsy retweet  too. What a fraud 

Not a cancel culture fan but cant wait for this clearing in the woods to be actually cancelled though since Sky didnt sack his buddy for spitting on a child then I have little hope anything will happen

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

If, and I think it’s highly unlikely, he did play for United again, I’d imagine a lot of opposition players will be keen to stick one on him. 

You kidding, there probably all the bloody same with there huge egos.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

He should be on a solitary wing in clink with the nonces and other sexual predators having his food spat in and a face full of napalm at some point

in my opinion 

Edited by Follyfoot

9 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

He may have seemeingly gotten away with prison time, but every fan and every footballer knows what he is and what he's done. No professional team will touch him.

So he's left with getting a contract at blues.

Giggs has been involved with violence against women too and other disgusting stuff. United fans were happy to brush it under the carpet 

39 minutes ago, sne said:

Greenwood probably ends up at Sheffield U if they are promoted.

I'll think he'll remain at Man U.

You'd be amazed how quickly fans forget once he start scoring goals again.

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I'll think he'll remain at Man U.

You'd be amazed how quickly fans forget once he start scoring goals again.

Its not the fans United are worried about. If people start having a go online at the sponsors who wont want the brand associated with Greenwood thats the worry for them

• Like 2

FWIW I have a small working knowledge in this area. 
CPS needs to fulfil a criteria which means it has a very high probability of conviction in order to go to trial. Greenwood isn’t special, this happens on a daily basis where “it’s obvious” what’s happened but the CPS can’t actually prove it. Without a witness it’s near on impossible. 

Despite the audio evidence, with his girlfriend flipping it will almost be impossible to convict him without an admission of guilt. His ex will just claim she was drunk, made it up or they were role playing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Its not the fans United are worried about. If people start having a go online at the sponsors who wont want the brand associated with Greenwood thats the worry for them

Yeah this is it, Man U might want him but he won't be able to due to sponsors, unless they turn a blind eye and see he is not guilty, I doubt it though, who's gonna buy products advertised by a rapist.

Heard that recording again, who the **** does he think he is talking like that. He'd get smashed if that was in public, he is so lucky he ain't going to jail for it.

4 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

FWIW I have a small working knowledge in this area. 
CPS needs to fulfil a criteria which means it has a very high probability of conviction in order to go to trial. Greenwood isn’t special, this happens on a daily basis where “it’s obvious” what’s happened but the CPS can’t actually prove it. Without a witness it’s near on impossible. 

Despite the audio evidence, with his girlfriend flipping it will almost be impossible to convict him without an admission of guilt. His ex will just claim she was drunk, made it up or they were role playing. 

Yeah thought that, as bad as it sounds to us, it's not enough for the courts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Greenwood cannot play in this country again.

We all heard the audio. That's something that can't be forgotten.

The problem isn't whether he's guilty/innocent or something inbetween. It's purely commercials. Any club in this country that takes him on will instantly trigger a review from each of their current sponsors/commercial partners and will find it very difficult to find new ones.

He's a toxic brand in an industry that's all about brand. 

• Like 1

That audio was damning enough for the majority of the public who have listened to it to form an opinion.

To think of any woman being in that position is totally unacceptable and deplorable. Imagine if it was your daughter?  Makes my stomach turn.  

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

In November in the NHL, Boston Bruins signed a player named Mitchell Miller. Pure scumbag if you look it up. The players lead by Patrice Bergeron actually came together and said no we don't want to be a part of this. Bruins stopped the signing. Not expecting the same from any Man Utd player though but there could be a backlash even in the dressing-room.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

In November in the NHL, Boston Bruins signed a player named Mitchell Miller. Pure scumbag if you look it up. The players lead by Patrice Bergeron actually came together and said no we don't want to be a part of this. Bruins stopped the signing. Not expecting the same from any Man Utd player though but there could be a backlash even in the dressing-room.

Really good point. Could be same situation in any dressing-room he finds himself in away from Utd?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Eriksen seems a decent guy but not sure if others.

No issues when Ronaldo has dodgy allegations around him and they have a club captain who is banned from visiting Greece

8 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

That audio was damning enough for the majority of the public who have listened to it to form an opinion.

To think of any woman being in that position is totally unacceptable and deplorable. Imagine if it was your daughter?  Makes my stomach turn.  

I have seen no evidence that Greenwood ever expressed remorse related to the horrible images and audio, probably on the advice of counsel -- unless I missed something? The lack of acknowledging any responsibility seems or ought to be an insurmountable barrier to playing pro football again. Innumerable sport stars have gone to prison and returned to their sport at the professional level after serving their time. He wouldn't be the first. Of course, if he was advised not to acknowledge remorse, it's legally understandable if still morally indefensible.

I believe in second chances, but not when someone hasn't owned their behavior and made real amends at every level. 

I actually think his chances of playing football again might now be worse without a conviction and punishment, as counter-intuitive as that sounds? (I think of Henry II being ritually beaten by the monks of Canterbury in atonement, although Henry II was pretty cynical, I would imagine—the monks arguably saved his reign.)

He's relatively young, and an opportunity to pay for his alleged crimes would have given him at least a chance of being rehabilitated. That seems lost now. The court of public opinion still sees a man linked to horrific acts and facing no legal consequences.    

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Really good point. Could be same situation in any dressing-room he finds himself in away from Utd?  

Rashford’s form dropped off terribly about the time the Greenwood story broke. I did wonder if there was a connection? Maybe MG and MR were good friends?

Â