Manchester United

BOF

I’ve found myself being fasciated by Man Utd in the last year.

They are easily one of the biggest clubs in the world, with budgets to match, big stadium, fine history etc…..

Yet they grossly over pay their players, have no plan when buying players, the stadium is in a poor state and they are just getting worse and worse.

For me I think they need to slash and burn almost everyone at the club including the coaching staff.

They should keep only a handful of their players and turn over the rest of the squad over the next three years on much lower wages. 

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

£50m on a dwarf centre back. 

Man Utd's transfer policy is laughable. 

He must be good on the ground realistically but even 6 foot isn’t big as a centre back.

You just wouldn’t buy him on size alone

42 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’ve found myself being fasciated by Man Utd in the last year.

They are easily one of the biggest clubs in the world, with budgets to match, big stadium, fine history etc…..

Yet they grossly over pay their players, have no plan when buying players, the stadium is in a poor state and they are just getting worse and worse.

For me I think they need to slash and burn almost everyone at the club including the coaching staff.

They should keep only a handful of their players and turn over the rest of the squad over the next three years on much lower wages. 

They're basically being held prisoner by their own size at the moment. It stops them from doing a proper rebuild because there's always a need to have big name players and a pressure to get results now.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Mantis said:

They're basically being held prisoner by their own size at the moment. It stops them from doing a proper rebuild because there's always a need to have big name players and a pressure to get results now.

There miles away from doing that though, the top players aren’t even considering united at the moment 

Pulled this from another thread. 

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

If they want to get out of this malaise once and for all, they need to give him time to recruit, implement, guide, coach. If not, the carousel of failure will continue. 

I think the biggest mistake they made was not trying harder to keep Rangnick in his sporting director / consultancy role. He clearly knew that their squad need(s) a whole uplift in pretty much every position in the XI and he was public in saying stuff like this quote. Do they have a real direction? I don't see it except down

"If you analyse the situation, it's not that difficult to analyse. The team needs a rebuild, not because some players have to go but quite a few have no contracts anymore, their contracts are expiring, then for me it's clear there will be six, seven, eight, maybe 10 new players.

26 minutes ago, Mantis said:

There's a few clubs like that and we're not far away from it. I would love to feel sorry for manure but there are so many glory hunting fans that joined them for glory and now have no where to go it's absolutely hilarious 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Pulled this from another thread. 

I think the biggest mistake they made was not trying harder to keep Rangnick in his sporting director / consultancy role. He clearly knew that their squad need(s) a whole uplift in pretty much every position in the XI and he was public in saying stuff like this quote. Do they have a real direction? I don't see it except down

Rather than backing this plan, isn't it exactly why they were so happy to let him go? They didn't want the truth, they wanted to be told a new manager and a couple of signings could stop the rot

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

For anyone who lived through the nightmare of mufc fans in the 90's, it's objectively hilarious. 

I'm loving every minute.

Ergh i love whats happened. When in the 90s utd were getting all decisions going their way, all the lens, "fergie time" tapping up players like yorke.

I hope they continue like this for the next 100 years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

This is one of the things for me - they are useless at transfers. They pay way over the odds and every transfer is dragged out for an absolute age. 

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Well that is the attitude that has got them here.....

Anyone with half a brain would say F the online fans lets slash and burn and build something solid and RELATIVELY low cost to build on.

43 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

For anyone who lived through the nightmare of mufc fans in the 90's, it's objectively hilarious. 

I'm loving every minute.

Well I was also a supporter in the 90's, I'm not upset by their demise just bemused how stupid they have been.

Â